www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

Vaskito 02-09-21 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8318649)
The fact they hired someone new to oversee the unification, also the fact they specifically said we wouldn't see anything any time soon. The reboots were fast to develop because they already had a road mapped out. TR12 is not just gonna be Rise 3.0, it's going to be a mix of reboot and something new so that is going to take longer to make.

Plus if the anime is indeed canon and explain the event between Shadow and TR12, then it only logically makes sense that they'd wait until the anime wrapped up before showing the game that takes place after it.

They've stated the initial steps of the unification process started as early as the later part of Shadow's dev (hence the known scrapped ending).
In the meantime, Crystal has made Avengers (after having finished ROTTR, and starting early stages of SOTTR). Also, two new Crystal sub-studios have opened ever since. Avengers main dev has finished more than one year ago. I'm pretty certain they have a very solid foundation for TR12 at this point, and I have no doubts it's very progressed - and bearing in mind that many tech developed for Avengers will transit into TR12.

Of course, I'm still optimistic for a 2022 reveal but realistically I'm completely aware that it could only happen in 2023. But I don't see it taking longer than that at all.

Another thing to remember: Eidos Montreal helmed the dev of Shadow. Main dev ended in 2018, and supported DLCs through most of 2019. It's now 2021 and they'll release a new game in the next month - Guardians of The Galaxy. They've built a whole new game since Shadow's release/DLC cycle

Fully 02-09-21 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8318700)
They've stated the initial steps of the unification process started as early as the later part of Shadow's dev (hence the known scrapped ending).
In the meantime, Crystal has made Avengers (after having finished ROTTR, and starting early stages of SOTTR). Also, two new Crystal sub-studios have opened ever since. Avengers main dev has finished more than one year ago. I'm pretty certain they have a very solid foundation for TR12 at this point, and I have no doubts it's very progressed - and bearing in mind that many tech developed for Avengers will transit into TR12.

Of course, I'm still optimistic for a 2022 reveal but realistically I'm completely aware that it could only happen in 2023. But I don't see it taking longer than that at all.

Another thing to remember: Eidos Montreal helmed the dev of Shadow. Main dev ended in 2018, and supported DLCs through most of 2019. It's now 2021 and they'll release a new game in the next month - Guardians of The Galaxy. They've built a whole new game since Shadow's release/DLC cycle

Everything Vaskito said.

They're too secretive these days. Shadow and Guardians of the Galaxy were announced and showed almost completely finished.

TR12 could be finished for all we know lol.

JuditePrince12 02-09-21 18:54

I think TR12 could have at least half a year left of development but yes I don't see us waiting until 2024 for an announcement. Thats a little much. The new team seems like they understand the demand for Lara and we've waited for something TR related for 3 years now. Them waiting even longer to release a game wouldn't make any sense. Especially since TR is now Square's second best selling franchise. The traction the reboot gave Lara is great for introducing the more classic elements for this new rebranding. Obviously the game won't be out in January 2022 but I could see a release for early 2023.

JocLo 02-09-21 21:24

Tomb Raider 12 will be released in 2023 for sure.. so next year we are going to start having news.. the same happened between Underworld and Tomb Raider 2013. Five years

amiro1989 02-09-21 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 (Post 8318758)
I think TR12 could have at least half a year left of development but yes I don't see us waiting until 2024 for an announcement. Thats a little much. The new team seems like they understand the demand for Lara and we've waited for something TR related for 3 years now. Them waiting even longer to release a game wouldn't make any sense. Especially since TR is now Square's second best selling franchise. The traction the reboot gave Lara is great for introducing the more classic elements for this new rebranding. Obviously the game won't be out in January 2022 but I could see a release for early 2023.

Why the 180?

And Iím surprised to say, that I agree wholeheartedly with Vaskito. 👀

charmedangelin 02-09-21 21:51

We'll see I guess, but it's better for me to push TR12 as far back as possible so there is no way I can be disappointed or worried about it.

lance6439 03-09-21 00:07

I want a TR5 remaster / remake

Raider8 03-09-21 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8318781)
We'll see I guess, but it's better for me to push TR12 as far back as possible so there is no way I can be disappointed or worried about it.

There will always, i repeat always be something out there to be disappointed about. So just cheer up and embrace the non-perfect game. Also the Series has matured and stepped up from what we had earlier (2013). TR 12 news should come in 2022.

Samz 03-09-21 17:30

Anyone hope Turrets from Legend return?
While I wouldn't want scripted turret sequences, (Like was planned for 2013) I did like how they were highly damaging accurate machine guns that were actually worth using, as opposed to most games where they're mostly used for turret sequences.

You traded Lara's Mobility for firepower (and had to be ready to run if a grenade was headed your way) and I felt they were actually a really good way of doing turrets in video games.

LNSNHGTDS 03-09-21 18:39

I felt they were okay in Legend

The first one in Kazakhstan was by far the most fun where you just gun down everyone from the top of that building xD

And if was also a fun little twist that more mercs rush out as a mini ambush as soon as you're down.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.