www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

AntRaidsTombs 04-08-18 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7941950)
Cool reaction video, but his comments on "diversity" are rather ignorant. He seems to think the Paititi village consists of only white people. Bitch where? None of them are white.

Lol I cannot!!!

Rai 04-08-18 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7941950)
Cool reaction video, but his comments on "diversity" are rather ignorant. He seems to think the Paititi village consists of only white people. Bitch where? None of them are white.

]

Someone has posted a comment explaining to him that EM did their research and are accurate. But, yeah, he should have seen the diversity. Plus, you know, we haven't seen all the characters yet, story or npc ones.

iWANEX 04-08-18 02:04

I got the impression that he thought the people from Paititi were white? WTF?

Did he also say that ND makes exploration games great referring to Uncharted? Because those games have minimal exploration. The rest was fine I guess and his opinion about the graphics in previous videos is on point.

jajay119 04-08-18 02:16

I can't stand these people who think everything should be diverse for the sake of it. The residents of Paititi aren't white anyway, unless he's calling for more racial diversity of whites, blacks and asians etc but even if they were all white, so what? I'm pretty sure a community that's sealed themseves of from the rest of society for hundreds of years wouldn't be brimming with racially diverse residents. It just doesn't make sense in this context.

Soma Holiday 04-08-18 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7941964)
I can't stand these people who think everything should be diverse for the sake of it. The residents of Paititi aren't white anyway, unless he's calling for more racial diversity of whites, blacks and asians etc but even if they were all white, so what? I'm pretty sure a community that's sealed themseves of from the rest of society for hundreds of years wouldn't be brimming with racially diverse residents. It just doesn't make sense in this context.

Agreed lol. Its so funny to me that white people are always the most vocal about something not being diverse enough, even when diversity wouldnt make sense to the story lol. Ofcourse there's not gonna be black people and asians in an incan based land lol. So stupid.

Zael 04-08-18 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7941957)
Someone has posted a comment explaining to him that EM did their research and are accurate. But, yeah, he should have seen the diversity. Plus, you know, we haven't seen all the characters yet, story or npc ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7941959)
I got the impression that he thought the people from Paititi were white? WTF?

Relevant portion seems to be 5m45s to 6m20s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5f_nKZ2qSY&t=5m45s

Yeah, I would want to be gentle in pointing his mistake, since he has put forward his claim in a tentative manner (using language that conveys his sense of uncertainty), but really, I can't think of any interpretation of his words that could amount to a valid/legitimate claim.

The only (tangentially related) claim that could possibly make sense in this context is that the residents should be reacting in some way (e.g., with surprise) to the presence of someone with Laraís atypical (for them) appearance, but (1) there is not enough context/info to determine if the residents should in fact be surprised by her presence, since this scene is from an unknown/undetermined point in the story (she could have been visiting regularly for weeks by this point, for all we know, in which case surprise would not be appropriate); and more importantly, (2) he seems to be making some other claim entirely, one which appears to not make any sense at all.

Rai 04-08-18 08:54

^ It's clear by Lara's interactions that the Paititi people know who she is by that point. One knows her by name another is less friendly saying "I thought I'd asked you to go?", which means he would have seen her before to have asked her. So, any surprise by her appearance as a stranger would have been conveyed at some earlier point.

Hazelphoenix 04-08-18 09:15

Uhm... so let me get this straight: devs put in their game only white characters = not good as it defeats the purpose of representing diversity in media (and I can share the sentiment to an extent).
Devs put in their game characters that are visibly not white = still not POC enough. Gotta love the internet sometimes... :vlol:

At least he didnít sound pretentious about it though, and admitted he could look into it further and do more research.

Samz 04-08-18 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix (Post 7942062)
Uhm... so let me get this straight: devs put in their game only white characters = not good as it defeats the purpose of representing diversity in media (and I can share the sentiment to an extent).
Devs put in their game characters that are visibly not white = still not POC enough. Gotta love the internet sometimes... :vlol:

At least he didnít sound pretentious about it though, and admitted he could look into it further and do more research.

Yeah, I hate SJWs they hated Kingdom come delivefance becauseit didnt have black people in ancient bohemia.

2001LC20 04-08-18 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 7942064)
Yeah, I hate SJWs they hated Kingdom come delivefance becauseit didnt have black people in ancient bohemia.

Never seen that happening to KCD.


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.