www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

2001LC20 04-04-18 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7850318)
Back when I was 10, my first video games ever were a bundle of Tomb Raider III and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for PS1 and I was very young back then and tried all the classics and I was in love but it's been so so so many years and I used cheats on most of them (sorry :p). Now with the release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to go back and play them from 1-5.....maybe even Angel of Darkness. I've been playing Tomb Raider and Rise soooo much that I need a break from them but not from Miss Croft. Now, I'm 24 and a fully realized gamer and I don't really remember them which is almost like playing sth new! I don't remember puzzles, enemies etc, I mostly know their stories and locations. I think it can be an experience before Shadow gets released. I'll also try to buy the expansions for the first three games digitally.

Same! but except for i am 18 :)

iWANEX 04-04-18 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7850318)
Back when I was 10, my first video games ever were a bundle of Tomb Raider III and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for PS1 and I was very young back then and tried all the classics and I was in love but it's been so so so many years and I used cheats on most of them (sorry :p). Now with the release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to go back and play them from 1-5.....maybe even Angel of Darkness. I've been playing Tomb Raider and Rise soooo much that I need a break from them but not from Miss Croft. Now, I'm 24 and a fully realized gamer and I don't really remember them which is almost like playing sth new! I don't remember puzzles, enemies etc, I mostly know their stories and locations. I think it can be an experience before Shadow gets released. I'll also try to buy the expansions for the first three games digitally.

Iím now playing TR2 after finishing TR1 (you can read my playthrough on the forums) and Iím having a blast. Itís easier than I remember it but the experience has been awesome so far. I havenít touched those games for 10 years so they are mostly new to me. I really want to finish AOD (never did). And Iím still deciding if I want to replay LAU since those games are very fresh in my mind. Also played TR2013 last month in preparation for the movie and I want to play Rise one more time before Shadow. Hopefully Iíll have time for everything.

johnanonymouz 04-04-18 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7850360)
Iím now playing TR2 after finishing TR1 (you can read my playthrough on the forums) and Iím having a blast. Itís easier than I remember it but the experience has been awesome so far. I havenít touched those games for 10 years so they are mostly new to me. I really want to finish AOD (never did). And Iím still deciding if I want to replay LAU since those games are very fresh in my mind. Also played TR2013 last month in preparation for the movie and I want to play Rise one more time before Shadow. Hopefully Iíll have time for everything.

ooooooh that makes me so happy and excited! I'll definitely get into it! I'll read about your playthrough after I finish the first game to avoid spoilers.

Mikky 04-04-18 23:16

Shame about Spider-Man releasing just one week earlier than Shadow. Should have known early September being that free without any huge games wasn't gonna last long. :p

2001LC20 04-04-18 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7850372)
Shame about Spider-Man releasing just one week earlier than Shadow. Should have known early September being that free without any huge games wasn't gonna last long. :p

It's not good but not bad either

tombstone 04-04-18 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluenoseGames (Post 7850182)
Spider-Man will sell way more than Tomb Raider that's just a fact. This one is being developed by the well established Insomniac and I have no doubt it'll be the better game. I am extremely excited for both Spider-Man and Tomb Raider, what a great time to be a gamer.

It'll be a better game to you maybe, I don't care for it so It's not a fact. :p I wonder what other games will be announced for September on e3?

AntRaidsTombs 05-04-18 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombstone (Post 7850375)
It'll be a better game to you maybe, I don't care for it so It's not a fact. :p I wonder what other games will be announced for September on e3?

Thatís how I feel, iím not buying Spider-man nor do I give a poop about it.

Yeauxleaux 05-04-18 01:37

Spiderman is kind of niche though. Comic book fans will obviously eat it up, and depending on how appropriate it is, it might be popular with kids too. I'll definitely be playing it and, at this point, I'd say it's more to my tastes than current TR is.

However, I can't see it having the draw with casual gamers that a highly marketable standardised AAA action-adventure game will have though tbh, just from a business perspective.

BigR4444 05-04-18 01:40

Its still not good.

Shadow looked to have an entire month to itself. The new CoD is coming out a month after, and RDR2 two weeks after that. Thats a nice cushion, and the summer before Shadows release featured almost nothing notable... Now suddenly theres a major release 7 days before it....
Spiderman isnt Fallout 4, but its a big, pretty, PS4 exclusive, and it will definitely eat up some sales...

tombstone 05-04-18 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigR4444 (Post 7850391)
Its still not good.

Shadow looked to have an entire month to itself. The new CoD is coming out a month after, and RDR2 two weeks after that. Thats a nice cushion, and the summer before Shadows release featured almost nothing notable... Now suddenly theres a major release 7 days before it....
Spiderman isnt Fallout 4, but its a big, pretty, PS4 exclusive, and it will definitely eat up some sales...

Rottr also was xbox exclusive and released the same month call of duty releases, games are not the same as movies where they have a month to make money.