www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

SoraSakai 26-04-18 01:02

Maybe instead of dual pistols we'll get...

Dual bows!

And then she'll go to shoot someone with them and realize it makes no sense :D

tombstone 26-04-18 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 7861908)
That's what I'm saying. TR could be suffering more or less, because its creators are scared to improve melee/climbing/animations etc because it would resemble Uncharted even more. Lara can't even breathe because certain people would yell Chloe or Nathan did it first. I'd love Lara to pull people down while hanging from ledges, shooting while hanging (like TRU but improved) and other stuff just like in Uncharted but I doubt it will happen because of this Uncharted/TR thingy going on because of people who can't appreciate two things at once and desperately feel the need to compare

Literally every aaa game these days "borrow" elements from other games but oh no tomb raider isn't allowed to do that, god of war is being praised for stealing er borrowing dark souls combat at this moment, It's ridiculous. If there's a vehicle in shadow People will scream uncharted 4 and the lost legacy ripoff even though Tomb raider last revelation did it first. :rolleyes:

Stevo505 26-04-18 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 7861949)
Maybe instead of dual pistols we'll get...

Dual bows!

And then she'll go to shoot someone with them and realize it makes no sense :D

To be fair, dual pistols arenít very effective in a firefight. Itíd be quite difficult to shoot both guns accurately at one target. As iconicô as they are, they donít make much sense from a practical standpoint. And we all know new Lara is about practicality.

Yeauxleaux 26-04-18 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7861954)
To be fair, dual pistols arenít very effective in a firefight. Itíd be quite difficult to shoot both guns accurately at one target. As iconicô as they are, they donít make much sense from a practical standpoint. And we all know new Lara is about practicality.

Forget "practical", rule of cool! :D

JsotoTRSaga 26-04-18 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7861954)
To be fair, dual pistols arenít very effective in a firefight. Itíd be quite difficult to shoot both guns accurately at one target. As iconicô as they are, they donít make much sense from a practical standpoint. And we all know new Lara is about practicality.

Lara is naturally ambidextrous so this shouldn't be a problem.

larafan1996 26-04-18 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7861954)
To be fair, dual pistols aren’t very effective in a firefight. It’d be quite difficult to shoot both guns accurately at one target. As iconic™ as they are, they don’t make much sense from a practical standpoint. And we all know new Lara is about practicality.

Not exactly fair as they are more practical than a bow and arrow, like bringing a twig to a knife fight she is woefully unequipped for the job. "Survivor" Lara is facing down literal armies of mercenaries (more than the fully experienced tomb raider ever did) with equipment barely fit for a cave woman.

tombstone 26-04-18 03:22

Except she also uses guns, the bow and arrow isn't her only weapon.

larafan1996 26-04-18 03:32

Not as her main weapon, in their eyes the bow is the iconic weapon despite it making no sense to stick around once she picked up a gun (oh look Sam is in trouble again lets use the bow instead of all these guns I have to save her oops fail). No one would willing choose a bow over the duals if their life depended on it like Lara. You would either have to be a fool or so incredibly clumsy that you loose all your real equipment everywhere you go.

TrustyBow 26-04-18 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan1996 (Post 7861971)
Not as her main weapon, in their eyes the bow is the iconic weapon despite it making no sense to stick around once she picked up a gun (oh look Sam is in trouble again lets use the bow instead of all these guns I have to save her oops fail). No one would willing choose a bow over the duals if their life depended on it like Lara. You would either have to be a fool or so incredibly clumsy that you loose all your real equipment everywhere you go.

Lara isn't really fit for gunfights though. Having the bow allows for more stealth.

FanosCroft 26-04-18 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan1996 (Post 7861971)
Not as her main weapon, in their eyes the bow is the iconic weapon despite it making no sense to stick around once she picked up a gun (oh look Sam is in trouble again lets use the bow instead of all these guns I have to save her oops fail). No one would willing choose a bow over the duals if their life depended on it like Lara. You would either have to be a fool or so incredibly clumsy that you loose all your real equipment everywhere you go.

They wanted to introduce stealth in the game so this was the perfect weapon for her, and though the bow is pretty iconic at this point.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.