Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider on Mobile (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

UroshUchiha 13-03-21 18:26

^And I fully agree with that. I personally don't want anyone on the dev team over there to go through the hell to fix the progress wipe. I've done that at my job as a programmer and it's literal hell. So of course I wouldn't want that on anyone else.

And yes I knew that this could happen since it's an EA game, the risk was always there, but that does not stop the bad taste in my mouth it left. It is disappointing to see it happen.

I'm not angry though nor do I wish the dev team any bad, best of luck to their future plans but I personally don't have it in me to start from scratch. Maybe I'll give it a spin after it fully comes out or something.

TRF 19-03-21 22:29

[QUOTE=Mikky;8285251]I just read the in-game announcement that players' progress will be reset with the next update due to technical issues and "unforseen circumstances". This is absolutely unacceptable and I am so disgusted. The amount of hours I put into this game in this last month building gear and leveling up... Grinding that any normal player shouldn't ever have to put up with. No. I won't be touching this game again for a very long time, even on full release. Goodbye and kindly **** off[/QUOTE]

It is still early access and many of us aren't suppose to play it. It's a shame, but these things happen, unfortunately.

Let's just say, start over when this thing gets released and forget all about it :p

Mikky 21-03-21 10:44

There's a new level on the latest update! St Francis Folly. The update that apparently makes us lose everything... *sigh* I'll update and let y'all know the damage

EDIT - So yeah, everything is truly gone. It seems by default every player gets 500 gems as compensation (which is pennies, really) but we can get additional compensation if we message them with our old player ID - we'll see in time what that is exactly. I can't comment on the new level because I'd actually have to reach it to unlock it first, which isn't gonna happen anytime soon (if at all). There's also a bunch of new features and reward systems, like defeating a certain number of enemies to get stuff (kind of like achievements but not really). I've only played the first two chapters but there does actually seemed to have been some significant gameplay/difficulty balancing, so it doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly unfair from the get go, although who knows how that will change as you progress. The game also now runs smoother than ever.

That's it from what I can tell. Like I said before, I have little interest or motivation to play this again right now, but who knows, that might change in the future. As much as I am genuinely interested in all these lil' updates, maybe it would just be better to wait for the full release and go from there.

Chamayoo 21-03-21 12:06

[QUOTE=Mikky;8287427]There's a new level on the latest update! St Francis Folly. The update that apparently makes us lose everything... *sigh* I'll update and let y'all know the damage[/QUOTE]
I want to play this !! However if this means to redo all the levels... :cry:

Mikky 21-03-21 12:16

Yeah... Sucks. If you're lucky, you might get there in 2 weeks if you live and breathe the game in every waking moment :ton:

I updated my post with all the changes I noticed.

UroshUchiha 21-03-21 12:32

I am currently in the process of being compensated, the support just contacted me about the stuff that they can return and I'm not gonna lie, I like what I see in their response. A lot.

Will update once it goes through and I check stuff for myself.

TombRaider_Ed 21-03-21 12:46

Thank you for sticking with us!

[QUOTE=Mikky;8287427]There's a new level on the latest update! St Francis Folly. The update that apparently makes us lose everything... *sigh* I'll update and let y'all know the damage

EDIT - So yeah, everything is truly gone. It seems by default every player gets 500 gems as compensation (which is pennies, really) but we can get additional compensation if we message them with our old player ID - we'll see in time what that is exactly. I can't comment on the new level because I'd actually have to reach it to unlock it first, which isn't gonna happen anytime soon (if at all). There's also a bunch of new features and reward systems, like defeating a certain number of enemies to get stuff (kind of like achievements but not really). I've only played the first two chapters but there does actually seemed to have been some significant gameplay/difficulty balancing, so it doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly unfair from the get go, although who knows how that will change as you progress. The game also now runs smoother than ever.

That's it from what I can tell. Like I said before, I have little interest or motivation to play this again right now, but who knows, that might change in the future. As much as I am genuinely interested in all these lil' updates, maybe it would just be better to wait for the full release and go from there.[/QUOTE]

TombRaider_Ed 21-03-21 12:48

The team is trying to do what they can, and we genuinely appreciate your feedback and your sticking with us even when these frustrating things happen, thank you!

[QUOTE=UroshUchiha;8287447]I am currently in the process of being compensated, the support just contacted me about the stuff that they can return and I'm not gonna lie, I like what I see in their response. A lot.

Will update once it goes through and I check stuff for myself.[/QUOTE]

TombRaider_Ed 21-03-21 12:50

Unfortunately due to us being in a limited launch and testing out technical infrastructure this does mean changes like this could happen, which is exactly why we do this phase and ask that fans wait until we release worldwide, but I totally get why you want to jump in early because it's Tomb Raider after all :D

[QUOTE=Chamayoo;8287440]I want to play this !! However if this means to redo all the levels... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Mikky 21-03-21 13:06

Hi, Ed :specialsnowflake:

[QUOTE=UroshUchiha;8287447]I am currently in the process of being compensated, the support just contacted me about the stuff that they can return and I'm not gonna lie, I like what I see in their response. A lot.

Will update once it goes through and I check stuff for myself.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take for them to respond for you? I just contacted them about an hour ago myself, and I know it says it can take up to a day so I'm not expecting a reply right away, but I'm still curious

UroshUchiha 21-03-21 13:26

[QUOTE=Mikky;8287458]Hi, Ed :specialsnowflake:

How long did it take for them to respond for you? I just contacted them about an hour ago myself, and I know it says it can take up to a day so I'm not expecting a reply right away, but I'm still curious[/QUOTE]

Oh I had some tech issue with the conversation happen. So I had to contact them twice so that extended the process. My 2nd contact was yesterday and I just got my stuff back a few minutes ago.

UroshUchiha 21-03-21 13:27

[QUOTE=TombRaider_Ed;8287454]The team is trying to do what they can, and we genuinely appreciate your feedback and your sticking with us even when these frustrating things happen, thank you![/QUOTE]

The team did a great job if I can say so myself. My compensation just went through and I am very happy with the results. I expected much much less than this. Thanks to everyone involved!

Mikky 21-03-21 13:41

Well, don't just tease us like that :p Tell us exactly how good it was :pi:

UroshUchiha 21-03-21 14:03

[QUOTE=Mikky;8287471]Well, don't just tease us like that :p Tell us exactly how good it was :pi:[/QUOTE]

Naturally, they couldn't restore everything that I had before the wipe. I got items that I had on Lara before the wipe. Enough gold, ore and green skulls to upgrade my stuff close enough to what it was before the wipe. Not everything but more than enough for me to deal with these stages again easily.

Gems restored too.

Lost everything else like all the other unequipped items, relics, artifacts, blueprints but I'm fine with that.

Mikky 21-03-21 14:05

Oh wow, that actually sounds great. Like you say, definitely more than enough to go through the stages quickly :D Thanks!

tomblover 04-04-21 14:30

I [I]am[/I] enjoying the new reward systems (even if some of the criteria for the weekly goals are ****ing stupid - "hit enemies with explosions 3035 times," that's just not gonna happen, unless they make grenades not-worthless in a future update :vlol:), and the first couple levels of the game seem to have been rebalanced well. :)

Having to start over fresh wasn't the gargantuan pain I was expecting it to be. I [I]have[/I] noticed the lucky wheels are more obviously weighted towards the least valuable prize than they were before, but I'll let that slide, we all know why that is... :p

Stage 4 of the Lost Valley is still a roadblock, though - and honestly, all of the levels leading up to it, since there're a [I]lot[/I] of enemies on-screen, at least twice as many projectiles to dodge, the enemies move about constantly, and Lara doesn't lead her shots. :specialsnowflake:

I managed to reach stage 8 [I]once[/I] while playing, and that was sheer luck. Otherwise, I'm at a brick wall...

I'm not about to spend money on gems (which might not even get me what I need), so I guess this is it for me, until they decide to tone down enemy health. :ponder:

(or I'll keep playing City of Vilcabamba, which is all too easy by comparison - if only the game rewarded you significantly for replaying earlier levels, or skillful play in general :rolleyes:)

I find it especially shameless considering The Lost Valley is such a long level. I'd expect to have lengthy breathers between the inevitable chokepoints, but apparently not. :ton:

UroshUchiha 04-04-21 15:53

The daily dash challenges are being reworked, they said so on their Discord cause pretty much everyone is complaining how unfair they are at the moment. They might as well be called Weekly Challenges as they are right now. So yeah, gotta wait and see what they'll do with it. They are also changing the Relics they said.

As for the Wheel Of Fortune with that I agree as well. I spent 8 tickets on the last level 3 times in a row and each time I got the lowest reward (1000 gold). Sure it's amazing when you hit that 20k reward but usually you get the lowest reward which probably has the highest % in the code to happen which is a shame. Spending 8 tickets just to get 1000 gold is depressing.

"or I'll keep playing City of Vilcabamba, which is all too easy by comparison" that's actually a thing you say for each level once you grind enough to get your Lara a few upgrades. I kept saying that as well and now my situation is that for Level 5 until I get powerful enough to one shot basically everything in Level 6.

At least login once a day to get that daily item crate and logout if nothing else.

Mikky 04-04-21 17:58

Oh hello! What a coincidence there are people posting today :p So, I finally reached St Francis Folly today. I will say first before getting into anything: the compensation provided to players who lost their progress was really, [I][B]really[/B][/I] good. I wasn't even expecting to get my character level and runes back so that was a pleasant surprise. If I had known from the start they would have given us that, I wouldn't have even been mad after the announcement. So, a sincere thank you. However, I still needed to upgrade my equipment to be able to get close to my stats before, so that's why it's taken me a couple weeks (and also, waning interest in the game in general caused me to not play as often). But yeah, St. Francis Folly at last

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/RVxdsphL/Screenshot-20210404-171743-Tomb-Raider-Reloaded.png[/IMG]

I haven't completed it yet, of course, but it has a very nice aesthetic and interesting new enemy types.

Ok, some things I've noticed on this update playing through the levels for the billionth time:

Chapter 1-3 is greatly rebalanced. I played through these before I received my compensation and had little problems getting through them with the minimum stats I had. I then got my stuff back and thinking I would get through City of Vilcabamba without any issues... I was dead wrong. I don't really understand how there can be such a disparacy between chapter 3 and 4 👀 I struggled already after the compensation and with Lara being level 22 or so, imagine attempting to complete it [I]before[/I] the compensation... I don't even want to think about the amount of grinding needed... So I can completely understand tomblover being stuck there. Also, item drops rates are lower than ever, making grinding even more of a pain. I know I literally said a couple of months ago that they should rebalance the first 3 chapters and then they can do whatever they want with the following ones, to make the game seem more welcoming, and I'm glad they have apparently listened, but... I was wrong. Please do better 😬 Not to say there are no changes to chapter 4 but if anything, they seem to have made it harder than before, which I feel is unnecessary. The change to the charging raptor boss was a neat idea though, adding an additional raptor (with 3 raptors when you re-fight it in chapter 5).

For known bugs: there is a way to essentially get infinite money but... I won't reveal the technique because I'm a greedy bitch 😌 There was a hilarious glitch on the first boss in St Francis Folly where he was literally spinning non-stop and all I had to do was stand there and shoot him until he died... Where he still continued to spin :vlol: I don't know if that happens every time but it was funny. I don't remember that many other major bugs, to be honest. The game is generally very stable right now and I would say the only thing they need to work on is frame rate improvements and graphics.

And that's it for feedback. I'm sure I'll be grinding a bit more in order to complete the new level, and when I do, I'll be sure to post anything worth mentioning here [SIZE="1"]Also, pwease give us a new outfit in the next update[/SIZE]

tomblover 04-04-21 18:30

^ I've noticed I'm able to redeem my free crate of coins twice per countdown - which, sometimes, I think doesn't even line up with when I'm able to redeem it/them?

I think it's supposed to be on a four-hour cooldown, but I could swear I've been redeeming crate(s) every two hours or so... :vlol:

Mikky 04-04-21 19:31

You mean that crate that gives you those 250 coins? Riiiiight. I don't even bother with that, never have :p I'm not even sure what they expect people to do with that small amount. You can get so much more simply from starting the later stages at any moment on the lucky wheel. Similar games like Archero give you a lot more on those hourly/daily prizes. Maybe it's something they'll improve in an update.

No, the exploit I'm talking about is a little more obscure. It's not like I actually need more coins since I have nearly a million (from the compensation, I haven't actually used the exploit that much since), but... What if I need a ridiculous amount at a later date and they fix the bug because of my big mouth? :pi:

Ok, ok. I guess they'll probably find it themselves and fix it anyway, so here goes...

[Spoiler] .ylkciuq yrev haloom fo tol a teg nac uoY ...000,02 no dnal ot hguone ykcul era uoy fi ,snaem hcihW .emag eht nepo-er/esolc uoy nehw tols emas eht no dnal syawla ll'uoy os retpahc eht trats uoy nehw denimreted-erp si no sdnal si eulav tahw ekil smees tI .nips eht erofeb trats eht ta kcab ll'uoy dna nur ruoy eunitnoc ot tnaw uoy fi uoy ksa lliw tI .tratser dna emag eht esolc uoy neht dna leehw ykcul eht nips dna egats a trats uoy ,oS [/Spoiler]

Ellioft 05-04-21 15:24

Still playing and I can't finish the Lost Valley level.
I was so close the last time (level 47)

Also funny story :D :mad:

You can sell your pistols but you can't recover them after that's why I only have the Chakram for the game (I have upgraded the weapon to the level 15.

Mikky 05-04-21 15:58

Well, you can get them back from a crate, but of course, the chances are random. I was lucky enough to get 2 uncommon pistols from a crate and a rare blueprint to craft a pair of rare pistols and that's helped a lot. I would have preferred to get a rare staff as that's clearly the best weapon, even after they slightly nerfed it in the update. The weapon's projectiles just homes in on enemies and it's so satisfying

UroshUchiha 05-04-21 19:07

The beauty of the staff was mostly in the spread shot powerup. Which was heavily nerfed. Now you basically need to be in melee range of an enemy to get benefit from that powerup, which is not a good idea in Level 6 with those deadly melee enemies.

But yeah, I'd still take a nerfed staff that can at least somewhat reliably hit those annoying rats over any other weapon.

Shooting your weapon and constantly missing is not fun, hence the staff. I personally think that the other weapons should be buffed, not staff nerfed. I mean unless they want to make their game less fun which is hopefully not the case.

As for the gold cheat yeah it works, I tried it. But it's too tedious to open and close the game constantly (at least to me), and besides, the gold was never the issue in this game for me. Other stuff is always lacking. Pre-purge I had a million gold as well with mostly nothing to spend it on. Would be cool if we could convert currency or something.

The fact that powerup choice on reset is always different and the wheel of fortune is predetermined is kinda bs. Always knew that these games don't really do "chance" with these types of things. Everything is predetermined and the stuff with lowest reward surely has a higher priority over the higher rewards. In a perfect world all choices would have equal % of being selected, but that is not the case here.

Mikky 05-04-21 20:58

Yeah, R.I.P spread shot powered staff :(

I agree about the gold. They could make more uses for it. Perhaps they could allow us to buy crates with it or missing resources? Yeah, you can do that with gems already but why not give us the option? Either spend 50 gems on this or 100,000 coins. It's true gold is required to upgrade everything but never by itself, another resource is always needed, much rarer resources, so our collected gold ends up gathering virtual dust, so to speak.

While we are on the topic of upgrades, does anyone else feel it's slightly unfair that even after grinding and gaining experience to "level up", you still need to spend runes and gold to actually level up? I don't really understand this mechanic. Can you imagine if in a RPG game like FF, you defeat monsters in fight after fight, and you finally level up, but wait - you now need to spend in-game currency to unlock the benefits [I]of something you've already done[/I]? I don't get it. Right now, I'm level 23 out of 33 - that's 10 levels of experience that I played for but they mean nothing because I don't have enough runes? By the time I even collect enough to to get to level 25 or something, I could be level 35, and so on. It will take ages before I catch up. What is the point? There has to be a more balanced, fairer way around this. Perhaps lessen the amount of runes required, or simply get rid of them? Just let us be that level we fought for? Just throwing around ideas here.

UroshUchiha 05-04-21 21:24

Yeah I agree, I was always against that idea of basically you level up to gain access to actually leveling up. It's a horrible "feature" in any game that has it if you ask me. The outfit should level up once Lara does. Leveling up literally does nothing except that it gives you 10 gems which are nothing.

My Lara is level 38 now and my outfit level is 27 I think. And the price to upgrade it past that is just absurd. I can't even imagine how expensive it'll be on higher levels.

So yeah at this point I just keep leveling up just for the sake of that number increasing with no other benefits to it. And I doubt it's too late now for them go to back and revamp that feature.

Mikky 10-04-21 16:31

Anyone else having trouble with the game today? I keep getting a connection error followed by a crash. Maybe their servers are down?

UroshUchiha 10-04-21 17:37

[QUOTE=Mikky;8292074]Anyone else having trouble with the game today? I keep getting a connection error followed by a crash. Maybe their servers are down?[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too. Looks like someone did something on a Friday that they shouldn't have and now no one is "in the office" cause it's the weekend to fix it.

tomblover 10-04-21 21:11

Looks like there's been another update. The, uh, Whale Flukes have a different effect now - "increase the healing points through Red orbs."

Whatever that means. :specialsnowflake:

Mikky 10-04-21 22:08

[QUOTE=UroshUchiha;8292086]Yup, me too. Looks like someone did something on a Friday that they shouldn't have and now no one is "in the office" cause it's the weekend to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Well whatever happened, everything is back up and running correctly again

[QUOTE=tomblover;8292134]Looks like there's been another update. The, uh, Whale Flukes have a different effect now - "increase the healing points through Red orbs."

Whatever that means. :specialsnowflake:[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about that too and I believe they mean those green hearts you get from defeating enemies and bosses, the ones that heal you. Although I have no idea why they'd call them "red orbs"

UroshUchiha 11-04-21 00:13

Huh odd. No update for me. Cleared the game cache, checked PlayStore no update. The relics are as they always were.

tomblover 11-04-21 00:57

Nice. Having network issues now, too - I received uncommon hollow-point ammo in a crate, so I dismantled the old ammo I was using, which worked out just fine, but now it's not letting me equip or upgrade the new ammo... :vlol:

I mean, I managed to equip it and upgrade it to level 2 (the game was [I]struggling[/I] to let me do so, but it worked), but now it's completely locked me out of it.

Says I can't equip or dismantle it, and when I try to upgrade it, it's telling me to go find more ores.

I did a quick run-through of a chapter to get some more ammo ore, in case that would help "reset" it, but alas! :p

UroshUchiha 11-04-21 09:43

I just woke up and the server issue is still present. Something very bad happened apparently. The game is literally unplayable at the moment. Getting network errors randomly even while just afking in main menu.

Mikky 11-04-21 12:43

Huh, really? The game has been working fine for me since last night

UroshUchiha 11-04-21 16:35

Not for me. The game is having network errors constantly. Both on my wifi and phone internet. Managed to finish a stage twice today without interruptions and in the end screen it tells me that I finished the daily dash challenge fully while once in the main menu it counted nothing I did in that run at all.

And then a network error happens, once I boot up the game again it pretends I didn't play at all and rolls me back to before I even spent the tickets.

As I said on their Discord server, I truly understand people who go for modded apks for games that require constant server checks for stuff that should be locally saved on the phone. Servers choked now and the game is unplayable the whole weekend. Thankfully it's still early access but still this won't help the games overwhelming negative score on playstore.

Samz 16-04-21 23:56

Anyone see that New Doom Eternal Mobile game Mighty Doom? it looks like a re-skin of this.

UroshUchiha 17-04-21 10:24

[QUOTE=Samz;8293322]Anyone see that New Doom Eternal Mobile game Mighty Doom? it looks like a re-skin of this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was linked a few months back in this thread:
[url]https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=8260680&postcount=31[/url]

I wouldn't be surprised if more of these pop up.

Brendanlovesu1 18-04-21 13:28

Tina Guo is doing the soundtrack for Tomb Raider Reloaded, I love her work on the dark angel symphony

[url]https://twitter.com/Tinaguo/status/1383626459592355844[/url]

jackali 18-04-21 15:02

These daily dash challenges are insane.

Hit enemies with ultimates 420 times. Might help if I had a mask with a different ultimate for that, rather than a close range one.

Oh, had to restart progress as I finally got the game working again after the update which wiped it, and couldn't get in to get a screenshot of the player ID. Can't be helped, I suppose.

Wow, the first few stages of The Lost Valley are insanely hard now, having started from scratch. Even more punishing than before. Why would anyone think this was a good idea?

Mikky 05-05-21 17:02

There's a new update for the game. There's now daily rewards for simply logging on the game. The soundtrack has been updated too and is now almost completely orchestral by the sound of it. A few other minor tweaks here and there but nothing worth mentioning.

UroshUchiha 05-05-21 17:41

Full patch notes:

Android: Available countries: Thailand, Philippines, Sweden, Australia, Ireland
iOS: Thailand (will be released this or next week)
___

Relic distribution has changed in the Chapters. From now on your Relics are tied to a country Lara can travel to (currently it's Peru and Greece) to not just specific Chapters. You can check the available Relics in each chapter's description.
Not every puzzle room will have a Relic, it's up to a chance.
The further you progress through the chapters the higher the probability that you discover a Relic piece. This means that you will have a highest chance to find a Relic piece in Chapter 5 in Peru than in chapters 1-4.
Effects changes:
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/788699767714349086/839114263053598731/unknown.png[/IMG]

__
NEW FEATURES

Daily login rewards!
New exciting rewards waiting for you to claim every day, without any grind or sweat.
__
BALANCING CHANGES

Daily Dash challenges balancing More reasonable tasks
Outfit increased HP per level, reduced Attack bonus
Gear Light Supply - dodge chance decreased
Gear Long Range Ammo - dodge chance decreased
Ability Dodge Master trigger chance decreased to avoid OP situations in the future
Ability Crit Master trigger chance decreased, removed limitation on how many times it can be triggered
Devil removed minor buffs
Levels added Treasure chest one Stage before bosses (except of the final boss for each chapter)
Levels some stages were swapped
Enemies Rats increased idle time
Enemies Spiders their speed is reduced in the tutorial

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Tooltip improvements
Improvements in the initial stages of the game
Loading - The initial assets downloading is now faster as it will be done that during the first few minutes of the gameplay. This means that the game might run a bit slower at first.
Text - fixed several pop ups, descriptions and tool tips
Ads
No shards at the end of a run
Fixed several pop-ups (Unhandled exceptions, Server Error 1 pop ups, etc.)
Updated abilities descriptions
UI fixes
Fixed the issue with Spider boss that will allow to continue to the next room between it splits
Fixed issue with Nova ability using grenades instead of projectiles in certain situations
Fixed some accounts that were stuck in Tutorial
Fixed some abilities that were constantly repeated in the Wheel
Fixed several instances when linking an account to google play did not work
Fixed a bug when enemies are killed by damage over time effect but did not trigger Nova
Fixed Lara focusing on an enemy despite an object in between blocking the view
Fixed Tendril plant's damage