www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

spikesavenger 04-09-18 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7966090)
https://s33.postimg.cc/u21hv0hrz/Wine_3.gif

That said, I don't need Tomb Raider to be "open world" tbh, in fact I don't want it to be. I just needs more complex level design that isn't so "obvious", straight-foward and linear. It needs levels where you reach a fork in the path and and are unsure which way to take, and real rewards for exploring especially in terms of resources.

The full, juicy paragraph:

Comparisons to Rocksteady’s “Arkham” trilogy are inevitable, and in some respects, this is the same blockbuster action game we’ve been playing for the last 10 years. Anybody who’s beaten “Batman: Arkham City” or “Rise of the Tomb Raider” knows the territory. It’s a game built to support a linear narrative, with big set pieces, flashy cutscenes, and interactive “quick-time events,” plus optional side quests and hidden collectibles scattered throughout its sunny Manhattan. It is the apotheosis of that formula.

Yeauxleaux 04-09-18 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by spikesavenger (Post 7966115)

Comparisons to Rocksteady’s “Arkham” trilogy are inevitable, and in some respects, this is the same blockbuster action game we’ve been playing for the last 10 years. Anybody who’s beaten “Batman: Arkham City” or “Rise of the Tomb Raider” knows the territory. It’s a game built to support a linear narrative, with big set pieces, flashy cutscenes, and interactive “quick-time events,” plus optional side quests and hidden collectibles scattered throughout its sunny Manhattan. It is the apotheosis of that formula.

I am glad to see reviewers and video game-related media starting to call it out and say how boring it's getting. It's long overdue and they're only saying stuff I've been saying the time I've been on here (not to sound arrogant). I had a feeling it was only a matter of time until they started saying it.

Looks like the tide is finally beginning to turn at last...

Samz 04-09-18 20:07

Quote:

Well time to bust out my Old Ps2 Spiderman:The Movie Game then, I'm so sick of this Formula.

andre_costa 04-09-18 21:24

Quote:

Wait... Are people ""trashing"" Spiderman? What a plot twist!

SpyrosMonster 04-09-18 22:26

Spider-man was so over hyped, it won't surprise me if people get over it before it really comes out.

As for an open world Tomb Raider game, I'm on the fence. I literally can not envision it. The hub system works and it makes sense. But open world? How is it supposed to work with Lara visiting difference countries and cities? That's too much trouble and I don't want them to keep going with one country/city per game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7966080)
Dat shade

I mean, It's kinda true though. :ton:
So far the forum has been lacking the same daily bickering from certain members.

veigafd 04-09-18 22:28

The hub system actually killed the globe trotting. No Vatican for sure. Only yamatai, siberia and peru.

SpyrosMonster 04-09-18 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by veigafd (Post 7966197)
The hub system actually killed the globe trotting. No Vatican for sure. Only yamatai, siberia and peru.

It would be great if they could mixing things up and have less open "hubs" for potential levels like the Vatican along with the bigger hubs though...

ShutUpReyes 04-09-18 23:29

Quote:

I don't think it has to though. I've always loved the idea of TR being like Dragon Age: Inquisition where you have a central base (Croft Manor/Skyhold) and from there yoi set out to different locations.

Isaac 04-09-18 23:52

Quote:

Not true.

In Rise we went to Syria AND Siberia.

In Shadow we're going to both Mexico AND Peru.

They can pretty much isolate the other countries in their own square on the world map like they did with Syria for Rise.

JuditePrince12 05-09-18 00:27

Quote:

No Vatican for sure.

I hope this isn't a spoiler....