www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

iWANEX 11-12-18 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8020884)
Every Lara is the same: she'll stop at nothing. It doesn't matter whether she's sarcastic, sassy, smart, sexy, innocent, naive, silly, overconfident, guilty or a killing machine during the journey...she's always driven by her own obsessions and goals (call it an artifact, undoing the release of an Egyptian deity, proving she didn't kill a friend, finding her mother, surviving against a cult in an island, proving his father wasn't crazy, or destroying Trinity).

And in that pursuit, the only difference between classic Lara and reboot Lara is that classic Lara has come to accept who she is and embraces her obsessions and goals. Reboot Lara doesn't fully comprehend she's obsessed. Even Jonah tries to make Lara admit she's driven by a revenge obsession...and Lara denies it.

She's on her own selfish pursuit, but the "saving the world" theme always shows up. In every TR. I can't blame Eidos Montrčal or Crystal Dynamics for following the pattern that CORE installed in the first place. The antagonist is the one bringing the subject each time, since Lara doesn't compete against fellow adventurers...

...she deals with atlantean queens, Italian mafiosos, mad scientists, Egyptian gods...

Either she beats them or the world is over. It's as silly as that. Even if Lara played for sport, the antagonist would always bring the "world in peril" card to the table.

Oh, and every Lara rocks.

This should be framed.

Kurtis666 11-12-18 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8020828)
not surprising, there is nothing interesting about her. She's a basic bitch mary sue, why would anyone find that appealing?

ikr?

charmedangelin 11-12-18 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8020893)
Ask around ? where ?

They'll tell me the same ? who ?

She's not boring and basic , and there are many interesting things about her . How about that ?



I didn't "insult" you , just made an observation .

Like what? Running around being a goody twoshoes? Oh look a massive apocalypse, but first let me find some dice for some little boy while petting some lamas. Oh so interesting.

You did insult me, you brought up the bans to try and make it seem I was misbehaving. As you put it, "I didn't learn anything".

Patrick star 11-12-18 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8020899)
Like what? Running around being a goody twoshoes? Oh look a massive apocalypse, but first let me find some dice for some little boy while petting some lamas. Oh so interesting.
.

Oh my god you did sink into that level...:facepalm:

This screams of not having good counterarguments , which is hardly surprising .

Isaac 11-12-18 21:24

When you have to appeal to an invisible mass with baseless unverifiable datas, it shows the weakness of your argument.

If the hat fits you...

Soma Holiday 11-12-18 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8020899)
Like what? Running around being a goody twoshoes? Oh look a massive apocalypse, but first let me find some dice for some little boy while petting some lamas. Oh so interesting.

You did insult me, you brought up the bans to try and make it seem I was misbehaving. As you put it, "I didn't learn anything".

I would argue someone who makes time to pet llamas while the world is ending is in fact a psychopath! :vlol:

Patrick star 11-12-18 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 8020905)
When you have to appeal to an invisible mass with baseless unverifiable datas, it shows the weakness of your argument.
.

Precisely .

"Look , google it ! many people think exactly like I do" ==> What I think is a fact .

This is the stupidest , most pathetic logic I've ever seen , if I can even call it "logic" .

charmedangelin 11-12-18 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8020900)
Oh my god you did sink into that level...:facepalm:

This screams of not having good counterarguments , which is hardly surprising .

No actually I'm just sick and tired of having the same repeated nonsense day in and day out.

Here I made the argument and others followed suit in this recent thread. Click the blue arrow to see the recent discussion on Lara being basic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8019822)
Crap? Hardly, people were excited and thrilled. People are going to draw conclusions no matter what you try to do. This behavior is exactly why reboot Lara is such a Mary Sue. They're too busy removing anything and everything about her that she now has nothing about there that's recognizable as any kind of an actual character.

There was no excuse for her not to have them in Rise and no excuse for them to be abscent in Shadow.

Come on now, let's get real and just admit the truth as to why things are the way they are. Sqeenix, EM, and CD aren't interested in Tomb Raider.

I'll stop there since I've argued this before and your right about keeping this thread in the direction it was intended for.

But know that we don't have Tomb Raider for a reason and instead we are stuck with non Tomb Raider.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 8020905)
When you have to appeal to an invisible mass with baseless unverifiable datas, it shows the weakness of your argument.

If the hat fits you...

Oh are you going to play the role of moderator again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8020911)
Precisely .

"Look , google it ! many people think exactly like I do" ==> What I think is a fact .

This is the stupidest , most pathetic logic I've ever seen , if I can even call it "logic" .

Click the blue arrow, I made it easy for you. Pathetic, hardly. What's pathetic is the reboot police coming out in force when someone somewhere says a bad thing about reboot Lara.

I've had it with people calling others toxic, negative, or others who want to act all superior with their posts.

Patrick star 11-12-18 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8020914)
No actually I'm just sick and tired of having the same repeated nonsense day in and day out.

And I'm equally sick of having to read the same nonsense , I've had hopes for some decent discussion , but all I had is "she's X and Y ! how can anybody in their right mind find that interesting" which is the way a butthurt 14 year old teen would argue with people .

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8020914)
Click the blue arrow, I made it easy for you. Pathetic, hardly. What's pathetic is the reboot police coming out in force when someone somewhere says a bad thing about reboot Lara.

I've had it with people calling others toxic, negative, or others who want to act all superior with their posts.

When your sole job is to always present your opinions as undeniable facts , don't ever call other people's posts "superior".

Reboot police ? keep sinking.

JuditePrince12 11-12-18 21:34

I've said this countless times, this Lara does have points to her character that make her interesting however, her development has been all over the place after 2013 that unfortunately she's boring. She needs more spunk!


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.