Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Orimus 19-12-18 18:47

[QUOTE=Soma Holiday;8023140]Anyone annoyed IGN is ignoring the DLC? I mean a nintendo game could get a .55 kb update and they will release an article but literally nothing about The Pillar. I swear Shadow has gotten buried by them to have gotten such a high score...its odd.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews on the DLCs by anyone. I only managed to find a few and nothing really in metacritic or opencritic.

JuditePrince12 19-12-18 19:14

[QUOTE=Vaskito;8023044]Tomb Raider is one of the most important franchises owned SE. I HIGHLY doubt they would ever sell it[/QUOTE]

They honestly should. I hate the way they mishandle her. It gets in the way of developing a better game.

LaraCroftSotTR 19-12-18 19:43

[QUOTE=JuditePrince12;8023166]They honestly should. I hate the way they mishandle her. It gets in the way of developing a better game.[/QUOTE]

Depends. EA certainly wouldn't handle the fanchise better. Ubisoft would make Assassins Creed with the Model of Lara. Capcom would sell every costume as dlc while including sports advertisements and Konami would make a Pachinko machine and Lara Croft Survive with the engine of Metal Gear 5. ;)

JuditePrince12 19-12-18 19:56

[QUOTE=LaraCroftSotTR;8023179]Depends. EA certainly wouldn't handle the fanchise better. Ubisoft would make Assassins Creed with the Model of Lara. Capcom would sell every costume as dlc while including sports advertisements and Konami would make a Pachinko machine and Lara Croft Survive with the engine of Metal Gear 5. ;)[/QUOTE]

She doesn't need to go those big companies either. She needs to be taken in to a smaller one. One that doesn't put the game on sale after a month.

LaraCroftSotTR 19-12-18 20:02

Smaller companies usually don't have the means and knowledge to produce a game with such impressive tech / graphics. I would however trust them; SCE Santa Monica Studio

JuditePrince12 19-12-18 20:19

[QUOTE=LaraCroftSotTR;8023187]Smaller companies usually don't have the means and knowledge to produce a game with such impressive tech / graphics. I would however trust them; SCE Santa Monica Studio[/QUOTE]

That's where the huge problem comes in, I wish they could leave and still have the same technology. Lara going to Santa Monica would be interesting though. :ponder:

Orimus 19-12-18 20:19

Jumping developers is nothing more than a grass is greener perspective imho. Especially now that imo Shadow is the right direction. The fact that the game went on sale after a month ..... I question how relevant that really is to the question of [B]developer[/B].

LaraCroftSotTR 19-12-18 20:45

[QUOTE=Orimus;8023195]Jumping developers is nothing more than a grass is greener perspective imho. Especially now that imo Shadow is the right direction. The fact that the game went on sale after a month ..... I question how relevant that really is to the question of [B]developer[/B].[/QUOTE]

I'm happy with Shadow and they deserve another chance, as I see it. But only, if they're still interested in making a new TR game (obviously), soon (a good franchise has to grow), with new improvements, more balls (courage), enough freedom, time and money and also by making Lara more popular again (cameo appearances can also help). And I don't think many other companies would be able to do so / do better. But it seems Santa Monica was given this freedom and trust, and with high risks too. And it paid off. BUT, they also only worked on a exclusive PS4 title.

FanosCroft 19-12-18 21:32

Whats up with the SE hate? They revived the franschise back from the dead, they made the TR and LC brand relevant again, when TR was struggling to sell 500k copies so they can afford another game, and you guys just bash them? Have some respect!

NoahCrofRaider 19-12-18 21:40

[QUOTE=FanosCroft;8023222]Whats up with the SE hate? They revived the franschise back from the dead, they made the TR and LC brand relevant again, when TR was struggling to sell 500k copies so they can afford another game, and you guys just bash them? Have some respect![/QUOTE]

They could also be the ones that hold TR (and other games) back, making them play it safe. Better quality games is more important imo.

Of course, if SE aren’t the ones behind TR playing it safe, then nevermind.