www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

lance6439 25-06-21 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOPE (Post 8306446)
the support for reloaded on this forum is interesting

this fanbase is starving they’ll eat anything I guess

Considering the fact that the man behind Reloaded is an actual fan of TR (unlike the horrible people over at SE) makes me wanna support it

And others as well

But it’s nothing to gaga over

tomblover 25-06-21 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8306441)
Are people supposed to be over the moon for a mobile game?

Read my post again. The point is that we're (presumably!) getting Shelley, Judith and Jonell together as Lara again.

Knowing that, I do not care if it's a mobile game, a mainline game, a TV series or a ****ing musical they're lending their voices to. That's not the point.

lance6439 25-06-21 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblover (Post 8306450)
Read my post again. The point is that we're (presumably!) getting Shelley, Judith and Jonell together as Lara again.

Knowing that, I do not care if it's a mobile game, a mainline game, a TV series or a ****ing musical they're lending their voices to. That's not the point.

Oh I thought you meant people were supposed to be satisfied or sumn lmao

Slambam27 25-06-21 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblover (Post 8306439)
Figures we'd get all three classic-era voice actresses together on a project, and people would still find a reason to be disappointed. I hate being a TR fan. Literally nothing is good enough anymore. :vlol:

This is the Tomb Raider forums. You're not allowed to be excited about anything here :ton:

In all honesty this wait is painful but the community is making that much harder to be hyped about anything. I wish people would just say 'I'm not going to be satisfied because I want more games, despite being told they aren't ready' and move on. If they release anything that isn't a new game or ports, it will never be good enough, clearly. :rolleyes:

lance6439 25-06-21 21:09

Stop blaming the fans for being disappointed challenge

DVDSpike 25-06-21 21:16

The fans have already said what they wanted, and we're not getting it.

The fact we're getting literally everything except what we actually asked for - a cookbook, a million-dollar statue, a reskinned mobile game, Fortnite skins, Fortnite Croft manor etc... (also known as crap nobody wants) means we're allowed to be disappointed.

These things have no longevity. The cookbook was trashed on the moment it was announced because no one wants it. The statue is way cool but was trashed on because it's way too expensive and the average person cannot afford it. TRR is a game that has been reskinned that was trashed on the moment it was announced because no one wants it. The Fornite things are good for an "oh wow that's cool" moment but beyond that nobody actually cares. The anime does not count because I don't believe it was ever planned to be part of this unplanned anniversary - just a happy coincidence square can point to when they get trashed for the umpteenth time.

Remakes/remasters do have longevity, because they are things that build hype and it's **** we actually ask for and want.

Imagine blaming fans for wanting something out of a franchise and being disappointed when they've been dicked over again and again and again.

Tombraider95 25-06-21 21:31

I think it's amazing if those three are doing some sort of project together. Dream come true. It's just a shame it's for a mobile game that not many people care for and no one asked for. If it was for remasters/remakes the fanbase would be going crazy right now.

DOPE 25-06-21 21:36

god these “it’s the fans fault for having expectations above zero” posts got so tiring

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slambam27 (Post 8306452)
'I'm not going to be satisfied because I want more games, despite being told they aren't ready'

what makes this funny it’s that we’re actually getting a game, it’s just that it’s one nobody asked for. they decided to go with that instead of, say, a sequel to LcGo, a fan favorite that’s considered by many the best spin off the franchise. like how out of touch with your fanbase you must be to completely ignore what they want and are willing to pay for. this isn’t just about remakes/remasters/whatever

lance6439 25-06-21 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVDSpike (Post 8306457)
The fans have already said what they wanted, and we're not getting it.

The fact we're getting literally everything except what we actually asked for - a cookbook, a million-dollar statue, a reskinned mobile game, Fortnite skins, Fortnite Croft manor etc... (also known as crap nobody wants) means we're allowed to be disappointed.

These things have no longevity. The cookbook was trashed on the moment it was announced because no one wants it. The statue is way cool but was trashed on because it's way too expensive and the average person cannot afford it. TRR is a game that has been reskinned that was trashed on the moment it was announced because no one wants it. The Fornite things are good for an "oh wow that's cool" moment but beyond that nobody actually cares. The anime does not count because I don't believe it was ever planned to be part of this unplanned anniversary - just a happy coincidence square can point to when they get trashed for the umpteenth time.

Remakes/remasters do have longevity, because they are things that build hype and it's **** we actually ask for and want.

Imagine blaming fans for wanting something out of a franchise and being disappointed when they've been dicked over again and again and again.

Wow dvdspike you are so toxic and an ungrateful ****!!! THIS FANBASE DESERVES NOTHING you all are horrible people who should be grateful for cookbooks and fortnite skins /lol

Quebsenuef 25-06-21 21:43

I’d honestly just be happy with the 3 Lara VAs doing the Spiderman meme :p