www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

Vaskito 02-07-21 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft (Post 8307541)
So maybe the mo cap started right now? Or is a side project? Or just a coincidence

IMO, IF it's TR related, I don't think it's for mocap yet, but rather some form of "table read" like they do for TV shows. When promoting Shadow, Camilla stated they did table reads for the game before starting mo-cap, to give input, etc about Lara. Could also be because of the netflix show

Jamise_Croft 02-07-21 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8307542)
IMO, IF it's TR related, I don't think it's for mocap yet, but rather some form of "table read" like they do for TV shows. When promoting Shadow, Camilla stated they did table reads for the game before starting mo-cap, to give input, etc about Lara. Could also be because of the netflix show

Yeah it could be the the Netflix show too but idk I genuinely think tr12 is really far in the development and this is a side project maybe remakes??? Idk 😭

Vaskito 02-07-21 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft (Post 8307543)
Yeah it could be the the Netflix show too but idk I genuinely think tr12 is really far in the development and this is a side project maybe remakes??? Idk 😭

Oh yea, TR12 is definitely far - but story starts developing early on, and if they have table reads to get input, it means they then make changes accordingly. Netflix or TR12, both are exciting possibilities. Hope it really is TR related

Portugalraider 02-07-21 09:38

I feel like it's going to be a coincidence, but it is a very big coincidence indeed.

But even if it is early stages of development, it might not be too early for her to start working on the role. I remember her saying that she started working on TR2013 before Grey's Anatomy, for example, and she started on the show in 2012. They could be starting early narrative work, with table reads and what not, to see what is working or need to be altered.

biscuits 02-07-21 10:10

How early does voice acting start in game development? Either way I'm happy to see Camilla return.

Vaskito 02-07-21 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8307552)
How early does voice acting start in game development? Either way I'm happy to see Camilla return.

I think it really depends.
For example, in Shadow she was still doing VO in like June 2018 - but at that point, it was likely VO for the DLCs

Portugalraider 02-07-21 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8307552)

It might depend, but she started her work on TR2013 in 2010 I think, and the game didn't come out for three more years.

We know they have been working on Tomb Raider considering the Avengers datamined, so they might be ready to start working on the story. Maybe that is why they didn't have anything to show right now, because mocap might be starting around now.

Or maybe it is just a coincidence. Who know?

biscuits 02-07-21 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8307559)
It might depend, but she started her work on TR2013 in 2010 I think, and the game didn't come out for three more years.

We know they have been working on Tomb Raider considering the Avengers datamined, so they might be ready to start working on the story. Maybe that is why they didn't have anything to show right now, because mocap might be starting around now.

Or maybe it is just a coincidence. Who know?

I'm 95% sure Camilla is doing work for the animated series actually. Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind the upcoming anime, is based in Austin Texas :D

Jamise_Croft 02-07-21 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8307560)
I'm 95% sure Camilla is doing work for the animated series actually. Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind the upcoming anime, is based in Austin Texas :D

Really? Then is definitely for the anime but if the anime has Camilla she probably is going to be in tr12 again

Vaskito 02-07-21 12:54

Another discovery was made

https://i.postimg.cc/zGxQQ57Q/image.png

The studio in charge of the Netflix show is also in Austin :D