www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

DOPE 02-07-21 13:06

Well damn color me surprised, whether this is for Netflix or the next game. I would like an actual British actress at this point but I think she can pull off a mature and confident Lara. At least we finally have some consistency in the series now.

lance6439 02-07-21 13:24

The worst voice actress coming to claim her spot to play the worst iteration of Lara. Very fitting. Finally some new news tho! :D

Portugalraider 02-07-21 13:27

The anime is set right after SotTR, so it does make sense to have Camilla voice Lara in that.

For the game, personally I can see Camilla returning for consistency, or a new voice coming, since the game should start a new era of unified Tomb Raider, in a sort of "new era, new voice" situation.

Or maybe, it could be for Reloaded? Rumours have it that all three classic voices are returning as voice options. Maybe it's actually all main game Lara voices returning, not just the classics, and Camilla is recording her lines in Austin? I mean, Lara's pistols in Reloaded are supposed to be Roth's pistol, so there is that connection there...

lance6439 02-07-21 13:32

The survivor era has been anything but consistent. Why be consistent now? :vlol: was hoping to hear a whole new voice actress step in. Less excited about this anime.

Tombraider95 02-07-21 13:53

If it's for the Netflix show I'm fine with that, as chances are I won't watch it anyway. I have no interest in anything reboot related. But for the "Unifying" and hopefully a new era with the next game, there should be a new British actress who's more mature and can do a British Accent correctly. It needs to have a new feel to it imo, otherwise it'll be a BIG mistake and won't set off this new era to a good start.

Vaskito 02-07-21 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8307571)
The anime is set right after SotTR, so it does make sense to have Camilla voice Lara in that.

For the game, personally I can see Camilla returning for consistency, or a new voice coming, since the game should start a new era of unified Tomb Raider, in a sort of "new era, new voice" situation.

Or maybe, it could be for Reloaded? Rumours have it that all three classic voices are returning as voice options. Maybe it's actually all main game Lara voices returning, not just the classics, and Camilla is recording her lines in Austin? I mean, Lara's pistols in Reloaded are supposed to be Roth's pistol, so there is that connection there...

For consistency, and my obvious personal choice, it makes all sense Camilla is back. Her voice is the known voice within the general public, considering how popular TR2013 and Rise are. I hope we're in a stage, TR wise, where the VAs aren't changing all the time for a main protagonist - like the multiple other existing other franchises don't change their VAs for their protagonists in the sequels. Also, Crystal has been way more consistent than Core when it comes to the VA

I doubt she'd be in Austin to record for Reloaded. And regarding the games, I think she does mocap in Redwood City, where Crystal is located.. The more I think about it, the more it makes more sense that it could be Netflix related (in case she's really in Austin for TR). Anyways, either the show or the game, both are exciting

Quebsenuef 02-07-21 14:44

It makes sense she would come back.
- Its easier than hiring and auditioning someone else
- The general gamer knows her voice if they played the games
- Not rocking the boat with a new actress
- they have probably already negotiated how much she gets paid, how to work with her, etc. Shes not unknown to them as someone else would be

The General Public of gamers donít care that she doesnít sound English or out of breath or anything that the people here do. How many gamers in the general public who bought the Reboot games actually finished them? Wasnt there a steam stat sometime ago that many people who bought Rise didnít even finish it?

Gamers at large do not care.
How many of them still call her LAURA and not LARA. :facepalm:
We can moan and whine here but it doesnít matter because whatever is the easiest to digest for modern gamers, no matter how bland, boring, and unoriginal it is, is what will sell. Make it pretty and hope it sells.

Iím not saying CD donít put in time and effort, but we know they play it safe always. Theyíre gonna be even more safe now after the flop disaster that was Avengers.

Raider8 02-07-21 14:55

I am super excited to see Camilla comilling back lol. I am just used to hearing her voice since I've been playing the reboot games. I wish she does the anime and the next set of games. The consistency and the rythm will be way better than the previous games.

killchan 02-07-21 15:01

I'm confused

I thought that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 (Post 8301135)
(...)

Meagan has a cassette tape with the audition tapes for women trying out for the voice of Lara. She's hoping to get that digitised soon!

lance6439 02-07-21 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by killchan (Post 8307589)
I'm confused

I thought that

she found audition tapes from 1995