www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

Persefone 03-07-21 23:40

IMO Camilla could sound flawless for a grounded version of Lara, it's the studio's resposability to direct and make sure Camilla sounds as perfect as possible (perfect as in the way they intend Lara to come across without breaking immersion).
If they haven't changed any of the things fans have been asking to change for the character since 2013 it's because they simply dont want to :o they shipped a trilogy of games with the difference in Camilla's voice acting sounding more confident and less airy for grunts.

I really don't want to tell yall what to do but anyone expecting classic Lara aside from easter eggs or a blue top with brown pants might be bound to be dissapointed moving forward lol I'd hate to see the meltdowns yet again with the release of the animated series or a new game.

biscuits 03-07-21 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombraider95 (Post 8307845)
The whole point of the netflix show from what we know is to transition to this new Lara. So yes the reboot Lara from 2013, Rise and Shadow is going. Because elements from the other eras (or just the classic era) will be implemented into this new timeline. A new timeline = a new Lara.

You basically mean her character is changing/developing. That doesn't mean new character. AOD Lara is pretty different from TR1-5 Laras, but she's still the same.

JuditePrince12 03-07-21 23:44

Unified to me means same reboot Lara with daddy issues. But after years of experiencing life and adventures, she becomes more sociable and light hearted making everything we knew before something of the distant past. Still retaining some of her old traits but overall different. I think this is what Tombraider95 means when he says bye to the reboot iteration.

biscuits 03-07-21 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 (Post 8307848)
Unified to me means same reboot Lara with daddy issues. But after years of experiencing life and adventures, she becomes more sociable and light hearted making everything we knew before something of the distant past. Still retaining some of her old traits but overall different. I think this is what Tombraider95 means when he says bye to the reboot iteration.

Well yeah but it's still reboot

lance6439 04-07-21 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombraider95 (Post 8307830)
Lol That's not who the unified Lara is. It's a new Lara Croft that is blended together from the different eras. Therefore a new voice actress makes sense.

Exactly. Whatís not clicking to people?

Donít even do the reunification (which sounds like crap) if Cahmilla is still going to be here. Just extend RLaras timeline.

biscuits 04-07-21 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8307850)

Donít even do the reunification (which sounds like crap) if Cahmilla is still going to be here. Just extend RLaras timeline.

But it is getting extended, with elements from the Core Design and LAU eras.

Swiz19 04-07-21 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunaīs Wish (Post 8307786)
Nice video, Swiz :tmb:

Those are some brilliant mods! Are they yours?

Though Lara's constant gasping (?) and her frightened (or is it that she's struggling with the low temperature?) expressions go a bit against classic Lara's grace and attitude :p

They sure are.

Haha yes unfortunately I cannot do anything about her facial expressions. It's basically impossible to find any part of the game where Lara isn't constantly looking worried, it was actually even a challenge trying to find pictures in cutscenes. It's not even due to the low temperature either since she does the exact same faces in Syria and the manor.

Gian Carlo 04-07-21 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8307849)
Well yeah but it's still reboot

Thatís what unified means. A little bit of every Lara.

Gian Carlo 04-07-21 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8307844)
The unification isn't a literal transformation. If the show is canon and we know it features Reboot Lara, then she'll still be Reboot Lara by the end.

That much seems obvious.

Just like Legend Lara is the same as Classic Lara with a different backstory.

Tombraider95 04-07-21 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8307850)

I know right. lol It's not "still the reboot" because it would also be "still the classics" if they're setting the new game after those games. The whole point of merging the timelines is to have both and create something new. A new timeline will surely mean it'll be a new Lara Croft. It's not going to be the reboot era anymore. Come on people.

I find it interesting that a couple of years ago people said over and over that Reboot Lara will never just become Classic Lara, or wear shorts and have dual pistols...because she's a different character. Now people are insisting she's going to do exactly that :vlol:

The next game is taking parts from the different eras to create the new Unified Lara which should have a new voice actress for imo.