www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Do you still play Relic Run? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220001)

Dollpy 29-01-21 01:57

I stopped playing after the update where you had to get more and more clues before you could try for the relic. Got to be ridiculous. I don't want to collect 25 clues then after all that I die right as the relic is in sight. Nope.

jackoimina 29-01-21 09:39

I don't because on my previous iphone I had countless hours in, solved the jungle, desert and majority of tibet AND THAN I switch to new iPhone, transfer everything from old phone to new bc it's THAT easy, all your info and passwords and pictures and game progress is transferred so you just continue to use the new iPhone like it's the same device - and I find out that LC RR doesn't have that abiliti, in 2020! I reach to support and yeah, there is no way around it. Literally every other game EVER on my iphone works with Apple's Game Center where all your progress is saved online but LC RR DOESN'T. If you wanna play this **** you cannot change your phone - EVER. Stupid af if you ask me.

ANoDE 09-06-21 11:12

Question for Android users:

Did the latest update remove the option to watch videos in order to save Lara and double run rewards? I haven't seen a single video propmt since the update? Removing this would completely change the balancing and would move the game even deeper into the pay-to-win section.

andre_costa 09-06-21 13:45

When was that update?

ANoDE 09-06-21 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by andre_costa (Post 8303438)
When was that update?

2 days ago I think.

Wooxman 09-06-21 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8303414)
Question for Android users:

Did the latest update remove the option to watch videos in order to save Lara and double run rewards? I haven't seen a single video propmt since the update? Removing this would completely change the balancing and would move the game even deeper into the pay-to-win section.

I only started it once since the update but I noticed that the option to watch videos to double the rewards that you can get got removed, so it's probably the same with the "watch video to continue" option. I wonder if this was actually buggy because way back you could only watch one or two videos after dying and then you had to use the ankhs. But then after an update you could watch far more videos than that which made it extremely easy.

Also it sucks that they made an update but didn't fix the music issue. :pi:

ANoDE 09-06-21 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 8303456)
I only started it once since the update but I noticed that the option to watch videos to double the rewards that you can get got removed, so it's probably the same with the "watch video to continue" option. I wonder if this was actually buggy because way back you could only watch one or two videos after dying and then you had to use the ankhs. But then after an update you could watch far more videos than that which made it extremely easy.

Also it sucks that they made an update but didn't fix the music issue. :pi:

I noticed that it was way easier than last time I tried. But removing the video option completely sucks. This will drain my coin/gem balance so quickly, I doubt I will be able to make much progress now. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Edit: I finally got enough couns to travel to the desert ruins, but each time I try, I get:
Failed to travel to Desert Ruins'.

It seems as the game tries to download the map but fails. Is there a fix for that?

UroshUchiha 09-06-21 17:16

So this is a first update in what, two years? Unless I missed something in between. And it just says "Bug Fixes". Hm.

ANoDE 09-06-21 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8303469)
So this is a first update in what, two years? Unless I missed something in between. And it just says "Bug Fixes". Hm.

Just that it didn't fix all that many bugs. It removed the 'Watch video' option and also seems to have broken location/map downloads. At least for me. Hmpf.

Wooxman 09-06-21 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8303468)
It seems as the game tries to download the map but fails. Is there a fix for that?

Maybe the trick that I recently found after I couldn't get the game to run on my new phone works. But be aware that it'll probably delete your save data:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 8301413)
But I found the solution! I went to the Android options and then into the Relic Run options and deleted the saved data and that did the trick. I guess that when I migrated data from my old phone, it copied the save files for Relic Run and that didn't seem to work well.


Greenapple968 10-06-21 05:43

I've never played Relic Run. Am I missing out? :p

ANoDE 10-06-21 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 8303530)
Maybe the trick that I recently found after I couldn't get the game to run on my new phone works. But be aware that it'll probably delete your save data:

Thanks for the advice. I may try it out as a matter of last resort. Losing all progress kinda defies the point, though, so I hope there's a different solution. I do not want to play through the Thailand section again, just to realize that the map download is still broken and I'm back to square one.

@Greenapple: It's fun, but very blatantly a pay-to-win mobile game. It's possible to progress without paying, but it's very time consuming.

Edit: I tried re-installing after clearing cache and data but now it won'5 let me install it again. 'Cannot install Lara Croft: Relic Run'.

Greenapple968 10-06-21 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8303586)
@Greenapple: It's fun, but very blatantly a pay-to-win mobile game. It's possible to progress without paying, but it's very time consuming.

Mobile games aren't really my cup of tea though. :p

Wooxman 10-06-21 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8303586)
Thanks for the advice. I may try it out as a matter of last resort. Losing all progress kinda defies the point, though, so I hope there's a different solution. I do not want to play through the Thailand section again, just to realize that the map download is still broken and I'm back to square one.

You could check in the installation folder if there are still Relic Run files remaining.

This is from a tutorial for copying the safe files to a new phone:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara Coft Baby (Post 7804512)
This is for Android phones, I am not sure if you can do it on Iphones.

1) Attach your phone to your PC via USB
2) Go into "My Computer" (This PC on win10)
3) Under devices and drivers select your phone
4) Go into the internal hard drive.
5) Find the Android file and open it
6) Open Data file and locate the "com.squareenix.relicrun"

Google added a native file browser to Android, so you probably don't have to search through the files on a computer.

ANoDE 10-06-21 18:15

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately Google Play fails to properly install the game. No amount of rebooting, data/cache deletion etc. seems to fix that. There's no trace of the relic run apk in the filesystem anymore, so I guess some OS cache is corrupted.

I could get it running again by manually restoring the .obb file, but now I have the same issue again (can't travel to the sahara).

If someone could share their sahara obb file, I'd try to install that one manually, but I'm unsure how legal that is.

Wooxman 11-06-21 21:22

Where are these .obb files located?

ANoDE 12-06-21 03:58

There should be a folder called
Android\obb\com.squareenix.relicrun
in the partition where the game is installed.
On my phone that's

/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.squareenix.relicrun

Mine has only one file:
main.10121401.com.squareenix.relicrun.obb 110672385 2021-06-08 20:03:33

I assume a complete installation would have more than one file there - but that's just speculation.

Wooxman 12-06-21 10:20

I also only have one file in there: main.10121401.com.squareenix.relicrun.obb

But I can send it to you, maybe it gets updated when more levels are being downloaded.

UroshUchiha 12-06-21 10:36

I found a .xapk version of the game online on some site (xapk is a combination of APK + OBB in one file). The file is 150mb in size. I wonder if that one has all the other map assets and stuff in it.

ANoDE 13-06-21 14:46

It seems larger than the original, so maybe it has.

redfox45 18-06-21 03:01

I've noticed that there seems to be some kind of issue with the background music not playing since I came to the desert section despite it working on the map.

Is there some way of fixing this? The music is really top notch and compliments the adrenaline pumping action so well.

Wooxman 18-06-21 10:05

The issue with the music is that it's stuck at the start point of a map. That's very noticeable when playing with headphones. Sometimes after a while the music can be heard again from the distance, maybe when the map loops around and gets close to the start point. My guess is that the music in this game is like a sound effect and this sound effect is tied to the start point, so it can only be heard there. Which of course doesn't make sense for ambience music.

redfox45 18-06-21 18:39

Yeah it really stinks and pretty much wrecks the game for me.
I take it there is no way to get it to play normally and they haven't bothered addressing it?
I already tried offloading and reinstalling it. Did nothing.

ANoDE 25-06-21 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfox45 (Post 8305224)
Yeah it really stinks and pretty much wrecks the game for me.
I take it there is no way to get it to play normally and they haven't bothered addressing it?
I already tried offloading and reinstalling it. Did nothing.

So, you actually uninstalled and reinstalled the game? Did you have to re-download the desert ruins map, or was it installed automatically?
I'm asking because I'm still trying to somehow get the desert map, as my game fails to install it.

redfox45 29-06-21 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8306280)
So, you actually uninstalled and reinstalled the game? Did you have to re-download the desert ruins map, or was it installed automatically?
I'm asking because I'm still trying to somehow get the desert map, as my game fails to install it.

I think it just downloaded it once. But that doesn't surprise me hearing that.
I doubt they're that bothered so long as it's working well enough to tease money out of people.

ANoDE 29-06-21 19:09

I've contacted SE support about it today. I wonder if I'll even get a response. :ponder:

redfox45 30-06-21 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8307181)
I've contacted SE support about it today. I wonder if I'll even get a response. :ponder:

Best of luck:tmb:

ANoDE 02-07-21 20:02

In case anyone has a similar problem, I got it working by exporting my
Android\data\com.squareenix.relicrun\files\Progres s folder onto a different device, download the map from there and copy both,
Android\data\com.squareenix.relicrun
and
Android\obb\com.squareenix.relicrun

folders back to the original device. After that, the Desert ruins map loaded.


In the meantime Square Enix support replied with the suggestion to ENABLE airplane mode before trying again. I wonder how they expect the game to download data when the phone is offline...

Edit: Unfortunately this did not work on my Android 11 device :(
Edit: Ha, it did after trying with a different file manager :)

ANoDE 08-08-21 05:04

Ok, sorry to double post but I'm hoping to get someone's attention agian. :o

I've now managed to get to mountain pass - and the same issue arises all over again, only this time, the game won't load the section on any of my devices :(

I managed to find out, where Android stores the downloaded packages, though - so if someone who can currently play Mountain Pass would be kind enough to share me their

Code:

<HOME>\Android\data\com.squareenix.relicrun\files\UnityCache\Shared
folder (preferably as a zip), I'd be really greatful.

Thanks in advance.

whosyourdady 08-08-21 14:45

I gave it some chances already. I was going to play it until the end because it was that fun, but due to the endless bug and glitches, I had to abandon the game, in respect for my time :(

ANoDE 16-08-21 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8314282)
Ok, sorry to double post but I'm hoping to get someone's attention agian. :o

I've now managed to get to mountain pass - and the same issue arises all over again, only this time, the game won't load the section on any of my devices :(

I managed to find out, where Android stores the downloaded packages, though - so if someone who can currently play Mountain Pass would be kind enough to share me their

Code:

<HOME>\Android\data\com.squareenix.relicrun\files\UnityCache\Shared
folder (preferably as a zip), I'd be really greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?
Please? 😢

Mek 17-08-21 20:31

I don't play Relic Run anymore. To be honest I don't think it's a good game. It's too repetitive. It's also intrusive with regards to buying certain things like the possibility to revive Lara.

ANoDE 18-08-21 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mek (Post 8315971)
I don't play Relic Run anymore. To be honest I don't think it's a good game. It's too repetitive. It's also intrusive with regards to buying certain things like the possibility to revive Lara.

Totally understandable. I had quit the game and started over several times by now.
This time I have found a strategy that works and requires zero money, so I'm enjoying it more now.
Too bad, the game's download mechanism is broken and I'm stuck at lvl 80 :(

UroshUchiha 18-08-21 07:22

Have you tried finding the level files needed on one of those websites that upload Android APKs and OBB files?

ANoDE 18-08-21 07:29

I guess I'll have to venture into the unknown and try to find a package there, I guess.
Not getting my hopes up, though, as the files needed are neither part of the apk, nor part of the originally distributed obb.

But maybe someone has repackaged everything into a complete installation somewhere - I was just hoping not having to try my luck on such sites, as I can hardly tell which of those are safe and which aren't.

UroshUchiha 18-08-21 09:00

I could try to give it a shot and test it on an Android emulator that I use on my PC. That way using my actual phone can be avoided for testing.

But if memory serves this game doesn't have cloud saves so all of my progress from my previous phone is long gone I suppose. Would be easy to test if I could actually use the save files that are in the region of the game you are looking for.

ANoDE 18-08-21 13:30

Hey,

I sent you a PM with my progress file.

Thanks for trying it out :)

UroshUchiha 18-08-21 14:55

Tried various APK + OBB, XAPK, modded APK combinations, but none of them worked.
Even installed Android 5 on the emulator with same results.

Can't even download Desert Ruins section of the game either.

Maybe someone out there somewhere uploaded the completed data folder with additional files, but that would be a proper hunt to find.

ANoDE 18-08-21 16:51

Thanks for checking!

I have a hunch that the developer shut down their servers (they also removed video ads). My guess is, that they completely stopped support for the game.

Yeah, it would be great to find someone with a full installation, but by the looks of it, there's not many players these days left.

UroshUchiha 18-08-21 17:05

I asked in Tomb Raider Reloaded Discord server for help as well. The CM of TRR told me that she'll see if there's anything she can find out as well. But she and the team working on TRR have had nothing to do with Relic Run so I don't expect she can help us much.

Of course, if I get any reply I'll post here.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.