www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

motoleo 07-05-12 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155064)
What...how is that even relevant? o.0

I was explaining why I couldn't ask any questions. Branding is a powerful thing. The only reason I'm giving this game a chance is because of my affiliation with the past games.

Since virtually everything is changed, it's like falling in love all over again.

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6155088)
I was explaining why I couldn't ask any questions. Branding is a powerful thing. The only reason I'm giving this game a chance is because of my affiliation with the past games.

Since virtually everything is changed, it's like falling in love all over again.

Oh...I see.

It is pretty exciting. Tomb Raider being brand new and all.

Lukass 07-05-12 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155085)
Can someone ask this question for me?

We've seen Lara solve physics based puzzles in an effort to escape. It seems like the puzzles are more about using the environment to your advantage and formulating a plan, but are there any traditional "tomb" based puzzles that we'll solve? Are there any pressure plate, boulder rolling, key finding, etc... puzzles similar to what we've seen in past Tomb Raider games or has the "puzzle formula" completely changed?

Done.

Weemanply109 07-05-12 16:03

@motoleo: Well, you're really stating the obvious here. Ofcourse hardcore TR fans will be interested in this because of the associating with the Tomb Raider franchise, but everyone else will be buying it solely on trailers/gameplay they see depending on how good it is.

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155093)
Done.

:hug: thanks.

motoleo 07-05-12 16:07

I view this game as a debut like the first one. I don't know how the puzzles are going to be, what kind of exploration their is...

Lukass 07-05-12 16:08

@just*raidin*tomb

I asked. I'm sure it's been said there won't be any traps etc though. All the puzzles will make sense, if that makes sense :p They will be based on the environment, so there won't be any ancient puzzles, traps...just everything we've had in the past games. We'll see...

Rai 07-05-12 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6155037)
Why wasn't the name, "Lara Croft" introduced in Turning Point? For someone who had never heard of LC, how would they know who she was?

We don't need to know her name at this point. This is a young woman on a voyage which goes horribly wrong. We know that she ends up on a beach somewhere and that there are lots of wrecks there. We know that she is discovering herself, that this is all new to her. The trailer is supposed to entice us to the game enough to find out who she is - IE: to take a look at more media etc.

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155107)
@just*raidin*tomb

I asked. I'm sure it's been said there won't be any traps etc though. All the puzzles will make sense, if that makes sense :p They will be based on the environment, so there won't be any ancient puzzles, traps...just everything we've had in the past games. We'll see...

I know they've mentioned that but see my goal is to elude from what I actually want to know which is "Where iz da tombs bro?" :pi:

But honestly I hope and think there will be at least some traditional puzzles.

King.Louie 07-05-12 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6154977)
A little extraction for you :hug:

why actually call it "tomb raider" and not ad "the beginning" or " beginning of an era" or anything like this?
after all, we do have a "tomb raider".



Where's her quiver/transport bag?


We haven't heard too much about Lara's family background in this new timeline. Are Lara's parents dead, as in past versions, or still alive when she gets back from her survival experience? If still alive how does that impact the course of Lara's life, since their deaths were such a critical motivating force in shaping Lara in her previous biography.


What elements of past Lara incarnations do you still hope to bring out in this Lara?

Wow the first 2 are utter crap and the last one was discussed before. At least the 3rd one asks a good question. Why not put a Q/A thread here. I feel this forum is a lot more active than the dead Eidos one.

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:15

They want to grow the Eidos forums or something.

Lukass 07-05-12 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155111)
I know they've mentioned that but see my goal is to elude from what I actually want to know which is "Where iz da tombs bro?" :pi:

But honestly I hope and think there will be at least some traditional puzzles.

Wait, are you asking then if there are tombs? D:

I can give you an answer...

Quote:

One of the most important aspects for us when we started working on this game was to set up the island as a character. In order for us to accomplish this, you can’t just have a one-dimensional character; you have to have a multifaceted character. Therefore, you’re going to come across situations on the island where, yes, you’ll be in dark, dank tombs. But you’ve also seen the ships in the bright bay. Imagine traversing your way down to them. There will be places on the island that blow your mind. Beautiful vistas and more.”

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:21

Well no...I just I don't know. It's the only decent question I could think of asking okay?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...2xnoo1_500.gif

NRO. 07-05-12 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155107)
@just*raidin*tomb

I asked. I'm sure it's been said there won't be any traps etc though. All the puzzles will make sense, if that makes sense :p They will be based on the environment, so there won't be any ancient puzzles, traps...just everything we've had in the past games. We'll see...

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...co1_r7_500.gif

Lukass 07-05-12 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by King.Louie (Post 6155115)
Wow the first 2 are utter crap and the last one was discussed before. At least the 3rd one asks a good question. Why not put a Q/A thread here. I feel this forum is a lot more active than the dead Eidos one.

I don't understand that neither. But I'm dead sure this forums will never become official.

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:24

I'm sorry but haven't we already seen traps? I mean the demo is essentially one big trap.

King.Louie 07-05-12 16:24

They need to expand on food. All we heard is food and water will be essential but not enough to make it a simulation game. What kinds of food can we expect to find on the island besides canned food? How often are we going to have to eat?

NRO. 07-05-12 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by King.Louie (Post 6155138)
They need to expand on food. All we heard is food and water will be essential but not enough to make it a simulation game. What kinds of food can we expect to find on the island besides canned food? How often are we going to have to eat?

Uh, German sausages?I.could.not.help.myself.

Lukass 07-05-12 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155137)
I'm sorry but haven't we already seen traps? I mean the demo is essentially one big trap.

Yes, there will be traps, but not ancient ones like in the past games. There won't be thousand years old traps etc. It's been said and I dun remember where :/ The environment will create traps if that makes sense.

Weemanply109 07-05-12 16:29

^That makes perfect sense to me, tbh.

@NRO: :vlol:

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:30

Before I say this...forget about other games that have done this.

But I think maybe we'll gather water from rivers or some other clean sources by gathering it in some wort of container and we'll somehow carry food that we might kill or collect some other food like berries and essentially heal ourselves at base camps maybe? Gosh I have no idea. :/

It's weird and vague.

King.Louie 07-05-12 16:31

I'm going to ask about it in the Q/A thread. Its going to be looked over again but its worth a try :pi:

Weemanply109 07-05-12 16:32

We've discussed that idea before. I kinda like it, but I feel it could end up being annoying like how you needed some sort of medication thing in Dead Rising 2 for the daughter, the thing was that you had to do it soo much, it ended up becoming a chore instead of a useful feature.

Lukass 07-05-12 16:32

:vlol: @ canned food. God knows how long it's been there and I can't even imagine to eat 20 years old sausages or beans. I dunno how such food would help. It would probably poison her, if not kill straight away. Canned food doesn't make sense. But yeah, people who've played the game said, there is canned food, so yeah...it's a game, isn't it? :p

Weemanply109 07-05-12 16:33

Maybe she had food on the ship they came with?

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:33

Canned foods actually keep for a realllly long time.

Lukass 07-05-12 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155156)
Before I say this...forget about other games that have done this.

But I think maybe we'll gather water from rivers or some other clean sources by gathering it in some wort of container and we'll somehow carry food that we might kill or collect some other food like berries and essentially heal ourselves at base camps maybe? Gosh I have no idea. :/

It's weird and vague.

Karl said it's not about picking up berries.

I personally believe that the small Buddha's statues are "drinking" points. You can see the small Buddha holds a little bowl in his hands, I think there's a water in it.

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155168)
Karl said it's not about picking up berries.

I personally believe that the small Buddha's statues are "drinking" points. You can see the small Buddha holds a little bowl in his hands, I think there's a water in it.

Lol that's kind of weird, but I dunno.

Weemanply109 07-05-12 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155168)
Karl said it's not about picking up berries.

I personally believe that the small Buddha's statues are "drinking" points. You can see the small Buddha holds a little bowl in his hands, I think there's a water in it.

That actually makes sense. Good observation.

Rai 07-05-12 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155156)
Before I say this...forget about other games that have done this.

But I think maybe we'll gather water from rivers or some other clean sources by gathering it in some wort of container and we'll somehow carry food that we might kill or collect some other food like berries and essentially heal ourselves at base camps maybe? Gosh I have no idea. :/

It's weird and vague.

I like this. Maybe Lara can carry the container of water around with her and we can use it like the old medpacks? But with food, we need the camp sites to store the food and only carry a few things, again taken like a medpack. I think there's limits to how much we can carry. Lukass is right about berries though. It's hard for me to imagine how the food works as I've never played a game where food is important.

King.Louie 07-05-12 16:46

however it's done it better be good. I don't want to be halfway across the island and then im notified Lara is starving and have track my may back to the HUB. I would rather let the bitch die :p

Lukass 07-05-12 16:47

How we will know she's starving? There seem to be no health metres or anything. And I hope there's no I feel stronger now. :/

King.Louie 07-05-12 16:48

"I feel Hungry now"

Weemanply109 07-05-12 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by King.Louie (Post 6155211)
"I feel Hungry now"

:vlol:

If it's anything like Dead Rising 2's Zombrex, then I'm not in favour of it. It was such an annoying system.

tomee 07-05-12 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6155179)
Lol that's kind of weird, but I dunno.

that actually makes a lot of sense. It'd hold rainwater which is drinkable. Well I'd rather drink that than some water from a random river.

Lukass 07-05-12 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6155216)
:vlol:

If it's anything like Dead Rising 2's Zombrex, then I'm not in favour of it. It was such an annoying system.

I didn't play it. Could you explain why it was annoying?

Mr. Giraffe 07-05-12 16:59

If that is the case I hope the statues are scattered throughout the island. Not coming across them every 5 minutes.

Only TR lover 07-05-12 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by King.Louie (Post 6155211)
"I feel Hungry now"

Hahahahaha!! :vlol: :tmb:

Mikky 07-05-12 17:15

What...? What is this place?

just*raidin*tomb 07-05-12 17:16

Oh, that was loud.


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.