www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Billy959 28-01-13 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6625789)
I understood people, who were pissed during TRU, as the Xbox-players got two of the best levels Crystal ever did. But what's so exclusive about DLCs for this game?
Xbox only gets a Multiplayer-character, which comes with the controller - all the other DLC is just the same for both consoles. :confused:

They got that awesome
Controller :p And the game is being pomoted mostly as an xbox game!

Spong 28-01-13 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6625795)
Why do I want to cry when I'm listening to this!??

Emotional instability? :p

SpyrosMonster 28-01-13 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6625797)
Emotional instability? :p

Maybe. :p

But It reminds me so much the core Lara and the first time I played TR when I was 8 years old... It's just too emotional!
If there's going to be a longer version then I'm really going to cry!!

Jami393 28-01-13 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy959 (Post 6625796)
They got that awesome
Controller :p And the game is being pomoted mostly as an xbox game!

I don't think it matters if they have promoted it for the 360 and the controller, because I'm sure Crystal stated no exclusive DLC and that is all. Nothing about controllers or anything, and I don't think one multiplayer character really counts.

tomekkobialka 28-01-13 19:09

Here's a ringtone for y'all. :ohn:

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-kobialka/tr-ringtone

:p

SpyrosMonster 28-01-13 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomekkobialka (Post 6625821)
Here's a ringtone for y'all. :ohn:

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-kobialka/tr-ringtone

:p

I wish I had this on my NOKIA 3330 8 years ago...

xLara_Nathanx 28-01-13 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomekkobialka (Post 6625821)
Here's a ringtone for y'all. :ohn:

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-kobialka/tr-ringtone

:p

OMFG that was so awesome! :vlol: Genuis. :D

Soul 28-01-13 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomekkobialka (Post 6625821)
Here's a ringtone for y'all. :ohn:

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-kobialka/tr-ringtone

:p

Brilliant as usual :D

Sabi96 28-01-13 19:44

Guys, quick question. If i order The Collector's Edition and pay with paypal the shipping and everything to my sister's address, all she has to do is sign that the package arrived or does she have to pay something more?

GUMI 28-01-13 20:19

Happy waiting for the new TR game!
May the odds be ever in your favor.

Billy959 28-01-13 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6625967)
Happy waiting for the new TR game!
May the odds be ever in your favor.

may d odz be eva in you fava

Phlip 28-01-13 20:37

What if TR10 steps it up and gets this rating?:

http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/ima..._rating-AO.gif

LNSNHGTDS 28-01-13 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6626008)
What if TR10 steps it up and gets this rating?:

http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/ima..._rating-AO.gif

Everyone will play it anyway because age ratings mean nothing.

Also, isn't the upcoming game 18+ anyway. Last time I checked people were regarded as adults when they reached 18 :p !

Phlip 28-01-13 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6626014)
Everyone will play it anyway because age ratings mean nothing.

Also, isn't the upcoming game 18+ anyway. Last time I checked people were regarded as adults when they reached 18 :p !

M, which is 17+ in America, but the rest of the world is 18+. AO = 18+, too.

LNSNHGTDS 28-01-13 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6626016)
M, which is 17+ in America, but the rest of the world is 18+. AO = 18+, too.

Well, like I said, if someone wants to play the game they will anyway :p .

But to save you from getting more stupid replies by me, what exactly did you mean with your question :p ?

Phlip 28-01-13 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6626021)
But to save you from getting more stupid replies by me, what exactly did you mean with your question :p ?

Just that AO's are pretty rare, so how would people feel if TR10 really pushed the gore/hard-edged theme.

I find age ratings really interesting with how each rating is decided. It's kinda sad that if a game has a character getting cut in half by a trap, it's an instant 18, just because the developer would want that particular trap and realistic "outcome."

Jami393 28-01-13 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6626008)
What if TR10 steps it up and gets this rating?:

http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/ima..._rating-AO.gif

Technically this is TR9, or to be more technical, TR1.

Phlip 28-01-13 20:47

Yeah I know, that's why I said TR10 and not TR9 because I am, infact, referring to TR10 and not TR9. :p

TheRCroft 28-01-13 20:47

^ EDIT: You beat me to it :p

Jami393 28-01-13 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6626033)
I think he means the one after the one that's coming on March.

Yeah I didn't think of that.:p

LaraDoppel 28-01-13 20:52

I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

Jfmeplayer 28-01-13 20:53

I don't think they even allow AO games to be released on consoles (according to wikipedia :pi:), they'd have to cut things and make it a M

I'd surely wouldn't want even more gore, this game's is enough :p that would be taking this whole gritty experience thing too far imo

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

Nooooo not in a million years D:

Lee1711 28-01-13 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

no

Phlip 28-01-13 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

Oh my God this has to be a troll.

GUMI 28-01-13 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

lawl.
no.

Jami393 28-01-13 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

I agree. Only joking. TR is better being a multi platform title.

Billy959 28-01-13 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

to show how much I disagree I searched for a video made by an awesome member

LNSNHGTDS 28-01-13 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6626024)
Just that AO's are pretty rare, so how would people feel if TR10 really pushed the gore/hard-edged theme.

I find age ratings really interesting with how each rating is decided. It's kinda sad that if a game has a character getting cut in half by a trap, it's an instant 18, just because the developer would want that particular trap and realistic "outcome."

I personally wouldn't mind, it would kinda feel like they are trying to hard though, and there would propably be some "Ew, I can't look!" moments it wouldn't be like that all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

DIE! (joking) Ok, don't die, just stop saying such atrocities! Uncharted sucks, you can have it and no one even asked us about that so your point is clearly off, not to mention that Tomb Raider had always been a PlayStation game up until Legend when Lara became SexBox's bitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy959 (Post 6626071)
to show how much I disagree I searched for a video made by an awesome member

Can't watch D: .

Edit: Ah, ThatNorskChick <3 !

Stevo505 28-01-13 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraDoppel (Post 6626041)
I like tomb raider being an xbox game! in fact it should be exclusively and xbox game because PS3 got Uncharted. You guys get a game - so should we.

This makes no sense. Tomb Raider will not be the Xbox's version of Uncharted.

robm_2007 28-01-13 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6626024)
Just that AO's are pretty rare, so how would people feel if TR10 really pushed the gore/hard-edged theme.

It would be gaming suicide. They wouldn't be able to advertise the game on TV, many retailers would not sell it (Walmart comes to mind; they don't even sell Playboy, which has the same type of age restriction), and so many people would not be able to play it. Many underage gamers are able to purchase M-rated games because (AFAIK), it's not illegal to do so, it's more of a guideline. Though, they have changed some laws in certain states to make it illegal to sell to underage consumers.

They would have to do a lot to get that rating. Not even GTA (save for the "accidentally included" hot coffee mode of San Andreas) gets an AO rating and they have every swear word, graphic bloody violence, nudity, and sexual dialogue/situations.

Lara would need to have uncensored sex/nudity for TR to get and AO rating. Can't image what detail of violence would get an AO. Seems like its all been done withon the confines of an M-rated game by now.
---
According to Wikipedia, only 21 games so far have an AO rating. Half of them seem to have "Sex" in the title, so go figure :vlol:

Phlip 28-01-13 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 6626098)
It would be gaming suicide. They wouldn't be able to advertise the game on TV, many retailers would not sell it (Walmart comes to mind; they don't even sell Playboy, which has the same type of age restriction), and so many people would not be able to play it. Many underage gamers are able to purchase M-rated games because (AFAIK), it's not illegal to do so, it's more of a guideline. Though, they have changed some laws in certain states to make it illegal to sell to underage consumers.

They would have to do a lot to get that rating. Not even GTA (save for the "accidentally included" hot coffee mode of San Andreas) gets an AO rating and they have every swear word, graphic bloody violence, nudity, and sexual dialogue/situations.

Lara would need to have uncensored sex/nudity for TR to get and AO rating. Can't image what detail of violence would get an AO. Seems like its all been done withon the confines of an M-rated game by now.
---
According to Wikipedia, only 21 games so far have an AO rating. Half of them seem to have "Sex" in the title, so go figure :vlol:

Interesting. :)

(Not much of a response, I know, but I literally have nothing else to comment. :p)

GUMI 28-01-13 21:22

Lawl, all theese waiting days to TR.
im dying ;-;

TRItheMaster 28-01-13 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6626111)
Lawl, all theese waiting days to TR.
im dying ;-;

I feel your pain. :hug:


I've waited for it for so long..

James_Rutland 28-01-13 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6626111)
Lawl, all theese waiting days to TR.
im dying ;-;

I'm constantly counting down, it's driving me crazy -_-

35 days... and counting :D

Billy959 28-01-13 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 6626126)
I'm constantly counting down, it's driving me crazy -_-

35 days... and counting :D

It sounds so close(and it is)

But the waiting makes it feel like a year:o

Mikky 28-01-13 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6626102)
Interesting. :)

(Not much of a response, I know, but I literally have nothing else to comment. :p)

Lol, this made me laugh for some reason.

James_Rutland 28-01-13 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy959 (Post 6626137)
It sounds so close(and it is)

But the waiting makes it feel like a year:o

I know, we've been through years of waiting... but down to the last month... yeah thats when it gets painful :p

Jami393 28-01-13 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 6626159)
I know, we've been through years of waiting... but down to the last month... yeah thats when it gets painful :p

It's not bothering me.

James_Rutland 28-01-13 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6626169)
It's not bothering me.

Oh

Well... Lucky you I guess :ton:

Alister's_Brain 28-01-13 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6626174)
Stupidity at its best.


Also considering that most of the Ps1 games are on the PSN store. They'll have to remove those.

But I wouldn't mind it. At lease Microsoft supports Tomb Raider. I can't find the Tomb Raider Page on the US PSN store.


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.