www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Love2Raid 01-07-13 19:38

Lol!

klona 01-07-13 19:40

Meanwhile in a parallel universe...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6839608)

:vlol:!

larafan25 01-07-13 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6839608)

omfg Sam's having a bad trip.

Phlip 01-07-13 20:24

Shame Sam didn't die, actually, that would have been good for character development to harden Laura up. =/

larafan25 01-07-13 20:26

Phlop stawp. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps4629ba2d.png

Sam is the best.

tomee 01-07-13 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6839608)

:vlol: !

Love2Raid 01-07-13 20:50

I'm so sad Alex died. T_T

I was hoping he would show up near the end (as cheesy as that may be), but he didn't.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnpffMoMt1qa8sit.gif

larafan25 01-07-13 20:51

I played the entire game thinking Sam died, because of the damn video thumbnail I spoiled for myself. So I was so happy and amazed when she lived.

Believe it or not, there is reason to like Sam, she is nice.

Bomb Fighter 01-07-13 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6839608)

Stunning! My new FB title photo!

tomee 01-07-13 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6839778)
I'm so sad Alex died. T_T

I was hoping he would show up near the end (as cheesy as that may be), but he didn't.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnpffMoMt1qa8sit.gif

Yeah, I kinda liked him for some reason. I don't know why. He barely had any showtime and he was pretty stereotypic. Maybe I felt sorry for him because he had feelings towards Lara? *shrugs*

Love2Raid 01-07-13 22:10

I thought he was cute. http://www.cute-factor.com/images/sm...n/0fbbf481.gif

But that's probably why they killed him. It wouldn't be as effective with a character like Grim, for example (with the backstory we have). It's very unlikely that he would have appeared in a sequel anyway. :p

larafan25 01-07-13 23:04

We need a design in the game where we jump from one platform to the other, but the other platform is too far, so instead we have to jump to the rocky cliff incline beside us, slide and then jump and steer the rest of the distance to the other platform.

I realize now that we don't need all these fappin moves, yes they look cool, yes they're acrobatic and cute, but you reach a point where you're literally doing nothing. Jumping shall always be the best and first move of a platformer, it's fun and involves movement as long as the game includes air steering.

So instead of piling a bunch of moves into the game to make us all think we have a ton of options and variety, instead just keep the moves basic and give us interesting level design.

I know this is random and basic and we already know this, but seriously I needed to say it and we need this little design and I'll cry if CD don't realize TR is a platformer, naow.

maciej595revan 02-07-13 07:17

Ok guys im back after some time. I want to make a video it will be my dedication tolara croft i love her really much, the song will be linkin park castle of glass. It will feature the new tomb raider game i will try to make it as best as i can so the video will be soon

Shark_Blade 02-07-13 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6839780)
Believe it or not, there is reason to like Sam, she is nice.

Yeah, nice in a 'Sam-pls-die-now-mkay?' kinda way.

tiann 02-07-13 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6840299)
Yeah, nice in a 'Sam-pls-die-now-mkay?' kinda way.

did you get out on the wrong side of bed Sharkkie? :p

you're cutting people left and right with your keyboard!! spitting venom all over the forums :vlol:

dream raider 02-07-13 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6839778)
I'm so sad Alex died. T_T

I was hoping he would show up near the end (as cheesy as that may be), but he didn't.

I got a very bad impression from Alex tbh- he calls Reyes daughter a "very cute little fox", she tells him she's only 14 years old, and he was still being a jerk. He's only purpose was comic relief- like Alistair and Zip in Legend- so when he was "sacrificed", they failed to make his death matter (I didn't feel like Lara liked him much either, tbh). I did read his diary entry, where he reveals his interest to Lara, but that only made me think he was petty and horny. The way he was portrayed was awful, and he could have done with a lot more care and fleshing out (as a character, and his relationship with Lara). The only redeemable quality he had was willing to sacrifice himself for someone else, but that scene felt tacky and done just for the sake of drama.

tomee 02-07-13 10:34

petty and horny? I mean if she just told this Lara I might see where you are coming from, but this was from a diary and he described how he admires Lara how he thinks she's cool. I definitely didn't feel like this was a desperate attempt to get some last minute sexy time.

I agree with the rest though, he wasn't that serious of a character, which is a shame because really a lot of people liked him.

jcmp03051994 02-07-13 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6839778)
I'm so sad Alex died. T_T

I was hoping he would show up near the end (as cheesy as that may be), but he didn't.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnpffMoMt1qa8sit.gif

TressFX tears for TRII? :ton:

dream raider 02-07-13 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6840433)
petty and horny? I mean if she just told this Lara I might see where you are coming from, but this was from a diary and he described how he admires Lara how he thinks she's cool. I definitely didn't feel like this was a desperate attempt to get some last minute sexy time.

I agree with the rest though, he wasn't that serious of a character, which is a shame because really a lot of people liked him.

Yeah, because first he's an implied paedophile, and then he's shown to admire Lara...:p I didn't have a good image of him in my mind. Sacrificing himself was too little, too late. I didn't care about him, Lara didn't seem to care much either even though she made the effort to look for him, and that's why his death was just empty drama for me. I think he's a perfect example of a weakly executed character.

Matie 02-07-13 11:00

For some reason that scene didn't really make me sad, while Roth's death made me cry. I couldn't tell why, but yeah, it could be the things mentioned here. He was put in the background, I didn't really notice him until we had to go look for him in the wreck.
Now I like the character as well, since he's cute and probably because of the multiplayer too (the random laugh when he kills someone XD). But during the story it was indeed poorly done. :(

Btw, I can't tell why, but Steph is a very likeable character, even though she wasn't even included in SP. o.o Maybe it's the mystery. : p

tomee 02-07-13 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream raider (Post 6840449)
Yeah, because first he's an implied paedophile, and then he's shown to admire Lara...:p I didn't have a good image of him in my mind. Sacrificing himself was too little, too late. I didn't care about him, Lara didn't seem to care much either even though she made the effort to look for him, and that's why his death was just empty drama for me. I think he's a perfect example of a weakly executed character.

Oh come on there are plenty of 14-16 girls who look much older than they are. :p I don't think he is a paedophile. :o He even looked surprised when Reyes said she's only 14.

dream raider 02-07-13 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6840532)
Oh come on there are plenty of 14-16 girls who look much older than they are. :p I don't think he is a paedophile. :o He even looked surprised when Reyes said she's only 14.

I don't think that's what they were going for, but it was a distasteful scene, and they never showed a side to Alex that I liked. It's not just Alex, all of the characters weren't crafted well. If they continue to focus on story, I hope they are more careful with the way they handle it, and make sure the characters are believable and don't serve just one function. Also, if they wanted us to have empathy for Alex when he died, they definitely should have took some time to give him more depth, otherwise the result is superficial. TReboot really is shallow in this area, and I would like to see more from it in the next one! :)
Since Crystal see Naughty Dog as competitors, and ND did a good job here with The Last of Us, I think it's not far-fetched to say they'll be more careful with narrative this time round. I look forward to see what they do!

tomee 02-07-13 15:09

Yeah, I don't know if the problem is that they had too many characters or not, but Grim and Alex both only were there to die. Roth's death was the only one that had some depth to it. I hope next time they have fewer but better developed characters.

motoleo 02-07-13 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6840624)
Yeah, I don't know if the problem is that they had too many characters or not, but Grim and Alex both only were there to die. Roth's death was the only one that had some depth to it. I hope next time they have fewer but better developed characters.

I tried to put myself in the story. I tried acting like I gave anything about them.

Their deaths can be devastating if you play along. Lara probably only knew them for a couple of days but.

CBS_TombRaider 02-07-13 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6840644)
I tried to put myself in the story. I tried acting like I gave anything about them.

Their deaths can be devastating if you play along. Lara probably only knew them for a couple of days but.

Nope, all of the Endurance Members that are sorta important (e.g. Reyes, Roth, Sam, Grim, Reyes, Alex, Jonah) were known by Lara for much longer than a few days. Sam and she were in boarding school together, I don't know exactly how long that would be, but I'm assuming at least 5 years, probably more. Roth was the surrogate father. Reyes and Roth must've been acquainted for quite a few years as well, so it's no stretch to assume that Lara had known Reyes for some time as well (maybe even quite close, though not fond of each other. Reyes' daughter is shown to be excited in the prequel comic to be seeing Roth and Lara again). I assume Lara knew Grim for similar reasons; no way she wouldn't have become acquainted with the helmsman of her semi-father figure's vessel. The only one that is a bit hard to pin-point is Alex, since he doesn't seem to be an effective member of the crew; at least, that's not what the comic suggests. Alex and Roth knew each other, with Alex occasionally escaping legal trouble by hiding away on Roth's boat. But even then, Lara, Sam and Alex seem to be quite friendly with each other, so they must've known each other semi-well by the time they left for Yamatai. Probably also at least a year.

Whitman is the only Lara knew for a shorter period, but even then, that must've been at least 2-3 weeks, since the Endurance didn't strand on Yamatai on day 1.

Also, I disagree that Alex is a paedophile; he's obviously uncomfortable when Reyes tells him Aisha is 14, which would make her 10 years his junior. She probably looks older than she is, which is what led to his "cute little fox" comment. But he could've used more characterisation, I agree :o

Mikky 02-07-13 23:19

Woah, is the Sure Shot outfit inspired by Hawkeye's outfit? I think it is. The name makes sense and everything. D:

Am I really late in realizing this or...? :pi:

Sabi96 02-07-13 23:28

Have i misunderstood something?? During Lara's first kill, VICTOR gets shot down by Vlad yelling Lara to run. I was sure before that Liam died on the beach at the very beginning, during the first cutscene, but i saw his body at the place where Lara finds the ammo for the pistol. It looks a hell lot like Liam, even the outfit and the glasses. Yet there is another endurance staff body, with the dead phone and wallet, right before the rope ladder. Who is that?? What have i counted wrong?

Spong 02-07-13 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6841023)
Am I really late in realizing this or...? :pi:

You're probably late, not that I know (or really care :p). I recall a good few people round here thinking it was based on one of the girls in The Descent :whi::vlol:

trfanX34 02-07-13 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabi96 (Post 6841031)
Have i misunderstood something?? During Lara's first kill, VICTOR gets shot down by Vlad yelling Lara to run. I was sure before that Liam died on the beach at the very beginning, during the first cutscene, but i saw his body at the place where Lara finds the ammo for the pistol. It looks a hell lot like Liam, even the outfit and the glasses. Yet there is another endurance staff body, with the dead phone and wallet, right before the rope ladder. Who is that?? What have i counted wrong?

Don't worry with that. CD just reused the same models over and over again throughout the game..

Mikky 02-07-13 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6841033)
You're probably late, not that I know (or really care :p). I recall a good few people round here thinking it was based on one of the girls in The Descent :whi::vlol:

Nah, having inspected Hawkeye's outfit a bit more, they're not really that similar at all. My mistake. :p

Am curious as to who this girl in The Descent is, though. Unless you're just joking. :pi:

Spong 02-07-13 23:36

Who on Earth are Victor & Liam? Are people just making random names up? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6841037)
Am curious as to who this girl in The Descent is, though. Unless you're just joking. :pi:

I'm serious. I forget which character people meant though, it's a rubbish film anyway IMO. I'm sure the only reason people keep bringing it up is because one of the characters mentions Lara Croft at one point (which obviously makes it one of the best films ever made :p).

motoleo 02-07-13 23:39

Is there a commentary for this game?

Spong 02-07-13 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6841041)
Is there a commentary for this game?

No. Just string a load of those Crystal Meth podcasts together while you play, they'll probably do the job just as well.
What does it matter to you anyway? According to you, you don't own the game any more. Or have you forgotten you said that?

Baratheon 02-07-13 23:45

It is closer to Juno than any Hawkeye that is for sure.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/205/2...ent%20Juno.jpg

motoleo 02-07-13 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6841043)
No. Just string a load of those Crystal Meth podcasts together while you play, they'll probably do the job just as well.
What does it matter to you anyway? According to you, you don't own the game any more. Or have you forgotten you said that?

Crystal Meth.. ?

:eek: So, that's why they call it the Crystal Habit!

Yep, TR9 been there done that. Already anticipating Reflex.

trfanX34 02-07-13 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6841038)
Who on Earth are Victor & Liam? Are people just making random names up? :confused:

They are MP characters that show up a few times in the SP.

Spong 02-07-13 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baratheon (Post 6841044)
It is closer to Juno than any Hawkeye that is for sure.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/205/2...ent%20Juno.jpg

That's the one. Awful film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6841048)
They are MP characters that show up a few times in the SP.

When do they show up in the single-player? I don't recall any such names being mentioned.

motoleo 03-07-13 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6841051)
That's the one. Awful film.

No.

Evan C. 03-07-13 00:01

^ Maybe on the cutscenes when they kill some prisioners, but I mean...meh.

Spong 03-07-13 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6841056)
No.

To each their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 6841057)
^ Maybe on the cutscenes when they kill some prisioners, but I mean...meh.

So they're just cannon fodder? They're more like extras than the actual supporting cast, not surprised I didn't recognise the names.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.