www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Zreen001 22-06-16 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by laralives (Post 7601818)
^ I'm guessing a bit like this:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...28/screen6.jpg

:innocent:

Huh, looks like me. Without the boobs.

ThatSassyKid 22-06-16 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zreen001 (Post 7602446)
Huh, looks like me. Without the boobs.

Savage :vlol:

AntRaidsTombs 23-06-16 08:35

I was replaying TR: DE and I fell in love all over again with the Oni Warrior battle again.

SamCactus101 24-06-16 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7602686)
I was replaying TR: DE and I fell in love all over again with the Oni Warrior battle again.

:tmb: :tmb:

peeves 02-07-16 18:50

Lara's hair looks like tarzan in that picture. But she's still lara actually. :p

MBog 06-07-16 22:39

Who is Steph and why is she so important? ( I saw a life size papercraft of 'Steph' from tr2013 and I was like... Who is this?! )

Daring Do 06-07-16 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBog (Post 7610183)
Who is Steph and why is she so important? ( I saw a life size papercraft of 'Steph' from tr2013 and I was like... Who is this?! )

She's the first burnt up sacrifice you see in the game. She was originally going to have some kind of character, but I guess they scrapped that because she dies so early on.

Shark_Blade 06-07-16 23:58

She sounds just like another blonde girl who died in Legend (Peru). The one where Legend Lara found her corpse on the ground.

Nothing significant.

Heidi_w_ 07-07-16 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daring Do (Post 7610185)
She's the first burnt up sacrifice you see in the game. She was originally going to have some kind of character, but I guess they scrapped that because she dies so early on.

I think she was going to be another Endurance crew member originally?

Daring Do 07-07-16 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ (Post 7610216)
I think she was going to be another Endurance crew member originally?

She technically was, she just didn't have any lines or wasn't even mentioned by name. :p

Rai 07-07-16 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daring Do (Post 7610222)
She technically was, she just didn't have any lines or wasn't even mentioned by name. :p

Yes, she did. The first time we see Lara wandering through the cave during an early trailer, Lara says " oh, Steph". But they cut it.

Ashnod 07-07-16 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7610365)
Yes, she did. The first time we see Lara wandering through the cave during an early trailer, Lara says " oh, Steph". But they cut it.

And she is a multiplayer character, IIRC.

ThatSassyKid 07-07-16 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBog (Post 7610183)
Who is Steph and why is she so important? ( I saw a life size papercraft of 'Steph' from tr2013 and I was like... Who is this?! )

A canned character who has Sam's voice in MP

Patrick star 11-08-16 00:19

Okay , I know I criticized Jason's ost for this game a lot of times , but for heaven's sake , he deserves a LOT of credit for creating the Reboot main melody , aka the main motifs , I know most of the in-game music are just a bunch of noisy forgettable drums , but the main theme is just amazing , and SO uplifting .

Just listening to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhr8...n_d420u4gvYV-z

And having chills all over my spine , the piano part especially is just Pure Perfection . I feel like this track in particular kind of narrates the game , from the moment Lara aboarded the Endurance till her "I'm not going home" line .

VictorXD 11-08-16 00:40

I always though that people were a bit unfair with Jason's work. It is not that it sounds bland and boring, it is just that everything sounds way too similar. There is is hardly any variety to it. It also suffers from the fact that it only contains a single Japanese sounding track. It should have had butt loads more, especially something with lutes when peacefully exploring the island.

Also the classics had the benefit of having MUCH less tracks, so when music played, it is a lot easier to make it memorable.

SunDormant 11-08-16 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7633328)
Also the classics had the benefit of having MUCH less tracks, so when music played, it is a lot easier to make it memorable.

Well, TR:Legend has a lot of tracks, but they all sound really memorable and entertaining to me, not to mention different and ethnic (I know it's not a classic, but it's a different composer, so... :p )

Patrick star 11-08-16 00:51

I know , I actually dislike most of the in-game tracks (during battles and set-pieces and whatnot) , but this one track in my post just sticks to mind tbh , the "Adventure Found me" and "The Tomb Raider" tracks are also amazing , pity most of the soundtrack doesn't have their quality . Like I said , I will only give him credit for crafting the reboot's main tunes , I glad these were carried over to Rise's soundtrack and we can actually hear it blended within a lot of its tracks .

I agree about the TR2013's theme lacking native Japanese music , it would've been amazing if we had more tracks like the one that plays in the bloodied bunker (the one from which Lara gets the primitive axe) , it could've added a hell of a lot to the atmosphere .

@SunDormant : Legend's ost is PERFECTION :tmb:

Lyle Croft 11-08-16 03:56

I really do like Jason's theme, it gives me chills.

But for some reason, Rise's just doesn't. It seems to lack something.

Though Reboot was a bit repetitive, but it kept me on edge.

Shark_Blade 11-08-16 11:34

I'd rank the TR OSTs as such:

1. TR1
2. Aod
3. TR2
4. TR4
5. TR5
6. Legend
7. TR3
8. TRA
9. TRU
10. TReboot
11. Rise

SamCactus101 12-08-16 07:33

TR2013's and ROTTR's main themes are memorable. But for in-game tracks, only a few stood out for me. Legend's OST is literally legendary! As well as for TRI and II.

Heidi_w_ 12-08-16 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyle Croft (Post 7633364)
I really do like Jason's theme, it gives me chills.

But for some reason, Rise's just doesn't. It seems to lack something.

Though Reboot was a bit repetitive, but it kept me on edge.

This.

The soundtrack for TR2013 was dripping in atmosphere, it was one of the highlights for me, really. It's one of the few areas where Rise didn't measure up to its predecessor (imho anyway). The sequences with Japanese chanting in the background still give me chills...

sackboy123 13-08-16 10:52

I love the TR2013 and ROTTR music but the problem is none of it is memorable, most of the soundtracks are too similar to each other

AOD will always have the best soundtrack, the whole soundtrack just explains the game in one word "Mysterious"

Linoshi Croft 13-08-16 18:42

I honestly can't say whether I liked or disliked the rebooted games music...I didn't even notice it half the time. I'd say that Crystals original trilogy had much more memorable and ejoyable music. I especially enjoyed Underworld's music.

FearEffect 13-08-16 20:00

Well, all I can say is that I loved the soundtracks Jason did for TR2013. But I don't remember the ones Bobby did for Rise. But I don't remember the ones Bobby did for Rise. He might have done great work but I still prefer Jason's. I knew I'd love Jason Graves' music since the very first time. When they released the Turning Point trailer. This trailer still gives me chills and I'm pretty much sure that almost everyone loves the soundtrack that plays when Lara's about to jump.



Oh and this one too :


Rai 13-08-16 20:09

Jason's soundtrack worked perfectly for the atmosphere of the game. The use of percussion and The Instrument during the game just felt authentic, especially in areas such as Shanty Town. It felt as if the music was coming from parts found on the island. But yeah, it blends in the background and so doesn't stand out as memorable or something you'd hum. The main theme is very memorable to me. But then, I still have it as a ringtone :p.

laracroft1997 13-08-16 20:11

TR2013's SoundTrack is very dull to me, it's just a bunch of drums playing randomly :o

but that remix is amazing :P

lizardspock110 13-08-16 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearEffect (Post 7634966)
Well, all I can say is that I loved the soundtracks Jason did for TR2013. But I don't remember the ones Bobby did for Rise. But I don't remember the ones Bobby did for Rise. He might have done great work but I still prefer Jason's. I knew I'd love Jason Graves' music since the very first time. When they released the Turning Point trailer. This trailer still gives me chills and I'm pretty much sure that almost everyone loves the soundtrack that plays when Lara's about to jump.



Oh and this one too :


These soundtracks are epic, 2013's soundtrack is great, however I feel some of it needs something more...maybe some choir? Its not that memorable, however it gives lots of atmosphere.

I also LOVE the ending Theme, when She says "I'm not going home"
Heidi_w_'s Avatar :pi: :jmp:

SamCactus101 14-08-16 14:14

^ It would be great if they added choir to the Japanese sounding tracks. :D

ThatSassyKid 15-09-16 09:08

Anybody seen this glitch? :ton:


Daring Do 15-09-16 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 7652257)
Anybody seen this glitch? :ton:

[youtube]oKu8FjSGfrA[/ybe]

So beautiful. Please play this at my funeral.
lol

Nigel Cassidy 15-09-16 13:20

I remember that glitch happened during a live Let's Play on a YouTube channel. Should go without saying that those guys were laughing their asses off. Must have been real embarrassing.

ThatSassyKid 15-09-16 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy (Post 7652332)
I remember that glitch happened during a live Let's Play on a YouTube channel. Should go without saying that those guys were laughing their asses off. Must have been real embarrassing.

Omg who was it? :vlol:

Nigel Cassidy 15-09-16 13:39

Oh christ who were they...I stopped watching them a long time ago cause I thought they were annoying...

Oh, got it: farfromsubtile

You'll have to search for the video yourself cause I'm sure somebody wil drop an S-bomb somewhere...

ThatSassyKid 15-09-16 13:54

Oh thanks! Just watched it :vlol::vlol: :p

Rai 15-09-16 15:42

That's not a glitch. That's Himiko realising her mistake at choosing Sam and now she's stuck. It's foreshadowing for the comics.

ThatSassyKid 15-09-16 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7652401)
That's not a glitch. That's Himiko realising her mistake at choosing Sam and now she's stuck. It's foreshadowing for the comics.

:vlol::vlol:
Oh dear

Himiko doesn't like that they changed the ending :p

AntRaidsTombs 15-09-16 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7652401)
That's not a glitch. That's Himiko realising her mistake at choosing Sam and now she's stuck. It's foreshadowing for the comics.

I laughed too hard at this lol

WolfRaider 16-09-16 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 7652257)
Anybody seen this glitch? :ton:


Boy that interruption sure caused quite lot of pain for Himiko. :vlol:

Lyle Croft 16-09-16 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 7652257)
Anybody seen this glitch? :ton:

oKu8FjSGfrA

LMFAO! this killed me. :vlol:

Why can't fun glitches like these happen to me?

ThatSassyKid 16-09-16 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyle Croft (Post 7652850)
LMFAO! this killed me. :vlol:

Why can't fun glitches like these happen to me?

Tell me about it :vlol:
I've played the game (literally) about 40 times, and it's not happened to me once! :hea::(

EDIT:

I was playing multiplayer when this proud moment happened :cool:



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.