www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

tomblover 20-01-21 18:18

Did people have a similar reaction to Relic Run, back whenever that was released? I can't remember there being such an obstinate community-wide rejection of that game, but I could be wrong... :confused:

I mean, the game's alright, it's fun at stages. I would say it works harder to make you spend money on it than Relic Run ever did, though.

Which is to be expected, given it's a free mobile game - but I would appreciate a little finesse, vs. the game outright asking me "finally you're here, bitch, you got a dollar?" with everything it throws at me. :vlol:

lance6439 21-01-21 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVDSpike (Post 8270785)
Hopefully never. What a mess.

Would rather not have this stain be part of the TR franchise.

we already have the reboot games being a stain oh and TRA

UroshUchiha 21-01-21 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogalame (Post 8270434)
Thanks for the answer.

Yes I understand that, I was asking if I can craft 3 of the same without a crafting item, does that work or is the crafting item necessary?

It works :D
https://i.imgur.com/1DJq0pZ.jpg

yogalame 22-01-21 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8271442)

Thanks. I'll wait until I get a third weapon before upgrading then.

Did you manage to defeat the last boss?

UroshUchiha 22-01-21 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogalame (Post 8271528)
Thanks. I'll wait until I get a third weapon before upgrading then.

Did you manage to defeat the last boss?

Once with the common shotgun and now a several times after I got the staff weapon which pretty much makes everything in game trivial.
EDIT: Also you don't have to wait, upgrade your main one as much as you want. When you combine 3, the new item keeps the level of the highest previous one that you used in the crafting.
As you can see my green mask is instantly level 6.

yogalame 22-01-21 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8271539)
Once with the common shotgun and now a several times after I got the staff weapon which pretty much makes everything in game trivial.
EDIT: Also you don't have to wait, upgrade your main one as much as you want. When you combine 3, the new item keeps the level of the highest previous one that you used in the crafting.
As you can see my green mask is instantly level 6.

I was curious if:
a green upgraded item say Level 6 from 2 items and a blueprint is different from:
a green upgraded item Level 6 from 3 items (different total +Attack, different +Attack added between updates) but now that I am writing it down it's probably not.

I can currently only upgrade the Dual Pistols, the Chakram is the only other weapon I got, I will wait for a better item. I pretty much stopped playing the game now anyway, I just start it once a day for the free item.

Emix 23-01-21 20:17

https://twitter.com/puppetrevival/st...975436289?s=19

LOL

Chamayoo 23-01-21 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 8271886)

Let's see all famous IPs going down this route, like with endless running games some years ago :o

UroshUchiha 24-01-21 08:54

Hahaha I just had a run in the last level where the devil appeared so often that he took ALL my health until I was down to 1hp xD
Thankfully I had good luck with the powerups and even managed to defeat the last boss with 1hp
https://i.imgur.com/SAZGL6C.jpg

Chamayoo 24-01-21 09:28

Wow but couldn't you refuse Devil's propositions ? Unbelievable, congrats !

As for myself, I can't get pass the big Mayan head 2.0. Worst boss ever.... Wolf 2.0 and Bugs 2.0 were not that difficult though.

UroshUchiha 24-01-21 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8272340)
Wow but couldn't you refuse Devil's propositions ? Unbelievable, congrats !

As for myself, I can't get pass the big Mayan head 2.0. Worst boss ever.... Wolf 2.0 and Bugs 2.0 were not that difficult though.

Yeah I could refuse but he kept offering good stuff so I was like yeah sure why not xD

The trick for the big Mayan head is to focus on the wolves first. Don't damage the boss. Cause if he's not damaged he will just do those 45% angle attacks which are easy to avoid. Only if he is damaged enough will he switch to different attack modes.

Once you deal with the wolves go back to the room entrance and move a bit to the left and DPS him from there.
Standing a bit to the left is a safe spot for all of his attacks expect for the one where he targets Lara directly. Naturally you have to move away from that one, but once that's done always focus on going back to that safe spot.

Chamayoo 24-01-21 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8272407)
Yeah I could refuse but he kept offering good stuff so I was like yeah sure why not xD

The trick for the big Mayan head is to focus on the wolves first. Don't damage the boss. Cause if he's not damaged he will just do those 45% angle attacks which are easy to avoid. Only if he is damaged enough will he switch to different attack modes.

Once you deal with the wolves go back to the room entrance and move a bit to the left and DPS him from there.
Standing a bit to the left is a safe spot for all of his attacks expect for the one where he targets Lara directly. Naturally you have to move away from that one, but once that's done always focus on going back to that safe spot.

I'm amazed you find this clever way to trick him. I should try next time !

UroshUchiha 25-01-21 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8272580)
I'm amazed you find this clever way to trick him. I should try next time !

There are a few tips and tricks I can offer for the last level since it's basically a boss rush.
Wolf - If there's ~70% of screen distance between Lara and the boss and he does his rock throwing attack, just don't move and let Lara attack him. None of the rocks will hit you ever.

Spider/Owl - In the last level these two bosses have cubes at the corners of the stage, if you put Lara in the corner between two cubes there's a high chance that the projectile/tornado will miss Lara even if it's going straight for her. It'll hit the corner of the cube instead. But yeah this is not something you should rely on.

Mayan head - First deal with the wolves cause they don't spawn infinitely (there's 8 I think?), don't damage the boss. If his health drops under 95% he will start the annoying attack patterns. Once the wolves are dead, the safe spot for all his attacks (except the ones that directly target Lara) is a bit to the left from the stage entrance. Just kite the direct attacks and go back to the safe spot.

Plant boss - Once it dives under the ground, it'll resurface where Lara stood when it dives underground. So if you have mines, place them there before moving away.

Shaman(s) - These two are annoying. When the boss is alone his attacks are easy to avoid. Just wait for the first projectile he spits to almost reach Lara and then move sideways, all the other projeciles that were on their way behind the first one will miss as well cause they were on the same travel path like the first one. This is hard to do when two of them are there cause they love to spit out of sync but eh it is what it is.

Spike traps that don't go up and down actually DEAL NO DAMAGE. You can walk over them and not get hurt. You can claim certain relics without wasting time going for buttons and such. Just walk over the stationary spike traps.

That's pretty much everything I got so far xD

Dollpy 26-01-21 00:59

I was excited. Then after seeing pics and gameplay, not so excited... :confused: :mad:

yogalame 26-01-21 23:37

So the game stopped working.

It directs the player to download the new version (0.6.5 in the Play Store).

I am not in the limited preview so I can't play the game anymore.

What's the policy here on posting the apk of a free prerelease game?

If it can't be posted here can a link to an external site be posted?

UroshUchiha 26-01-21 23:38

The game got an update it seems
https://i.imgur.com/h6oYwVk.jpg

What's New
In the new update (0.6.5) we bring an abundance of fixes and the long awaited ability to save your progress!
You can save your progress via Google Play games in the game settings menu.
You can find a Discord link to our official server in the settings menu.

Anyone has access to this version of the game? What are the bugs that they fixed?

tlr online 26-01-21 23:40

Those who are playing, are you side loading this or getting it from Google Play?

UroshUchiha 26-01-21 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlr online (Post 8273393)
Those who are playing, are you side loading this or getting it from Google Play?

I personally did not get it from Google Play cause I am not in the region where they are testing the game. Too lazy to use a VPN to trick "the system" and get it that way so I just got an APK from someone who was in the said region.

lance6439 27-01-21 04:39

https://twitter.com/tombraider_ed/st...54933843615745

Chamayoo 27-01-21 11:02

RIP, can't access to the game as well !

UroshUchiha 27-01-21 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8273523)
RIP, can't access to the game as well !

You can if you turn off your phone's internet/wifi. But you won't be able to claim the daily item sadly. Which kinda makes me not even play anymore. The daily item is the only reason I kept doing a run or two per day xD

Chamayoo 27-01-21 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8273553)
You can if you turn off your phone's internet/wifi. But you won't be able to claim the daily item sadly. Which kinda makes me not even play anymore. The daily item is the only reason I kept doing a run or two per day xD

It's exactly for the same reason. I made faster progress with the daily items than actually play the levels... :D

UroshUchiha 27-01-21 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8273576)
It's exactly for the same reason. I made faster progress with the daily items than actually play the levels... :D

Eh so I decided to do things myself.
Downloaded Panda VPN for free (no registration needed, just watch a 30 second ad and connect to Thailand). Download the game legit from Play Store.

They fixed a lot of stuff. Masks that are above level 1 now work, spikes deal damage now, you can no longer get Keto Hull multiple times in The Lost Valley, The Lost Valley now has new stage variations, you get A LOT more EXP per stage now. Usually you finish a map with level 7-8. Now you can go up to ~14 from what I saw. There's also new animations for the collected relics.

The Lucky Wheel gives more money now, and there's a new Lucky Wheel that gives you a chance to get Gems if you watch and ad
https://i.imgur.com/S6w1kMn.png

You can also no longer cheese the game by existing and re-opening it to continue if you die. It just kicks you out and you lose your progress.

The "Increases xxx per %1 missing HP" are gone and replaced with this
https://i.imgur.com/xGAMeH0.png

And the best part of it all is that the game now works on Android emulators for PC (At least on Memu). Since the save files are now stored on Google Play Games, my files transferred to the emulator so I can now switch between playing it on the PC (with the keyboard finally!) and mobile.

yogalame 27-01-21 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8273896)
Eh so I decided to do things myself.
Downloaded Panda VPN for free (no registration needed, just watch a 30 second ad and connect to Thailand). Download the game legit from Play Store.

Tried this, didn't work.

Any chance you can upload the apk to a filehoster? ZippyShare is good since it has no wait times usually.

You can PM me the link if its against the rules to post it here.

UroshUchiha 27-01-21 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogalame (Post 8273932)
Tried this, didn't work.

Any chance you can upload the apk to a filehoster? ZippyShare is good since it has no wait times usually.

You can PM me the link if its against the rules to post it here.

Once you turn on the Panda VPN you have to clear your Google Play data from Settings>Apps>Google Play>Storage>Clear Data
It does nothing to you directly but it makes Google Play forget what your region is until you turn it on again.
Just installing Panda VPN without doing that will not work cause for GP you remain in your region.

yogalame 27-01-21 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8273948)
Once you turn on the Panda VPN you have to clear your Google Play data from Settings>Apps>Google Play>Storage>Clear Data
It does nothing to you directly but it makes Google Play forget what your region is until you turn it on again.
Just installing Panda VPN without doing that will not work cause for GP you remain in your region.

I did that, did not make a difference.

I also cleared the Google Play Services data after that from the internal dialog that is different than other apps.

Still didn't help.

TombRaider_Ed 27-01-21 23:24

Yeah sorry all, but if you didn't get the app from the app store then it's likely you won't be able to play again until someone sneakily sticks the APK on a server somewhere again, this is the downside of accessing a game we didn't want you to access yet :p

Yuki Senoue 27-01-21 23:25

Welcome, Ed. Any plans for including more countries in the test?

TombRaider_Ed 27-01-21 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuki Senoue (Post 8274251)
Welcome, Ed. Any plans for including more countries in the test?

Absolutely, we'll gradually be rolling out to more countries as we add and test new features :jmp:

Chamayoo 27-01-21 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaider_Ed (Post 8274264)
Absolutely, we'll gradually be rolling out to more countries as we add and test new features :jmp:

I guess next step is Greece. :D

I must say, the most positive thing for me is how varied the bestiary is and how differently they attack you. I would like to see golems in a main entry !

yogalame 27-01-21 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaider_Ed (Post 8274264)

Hey Ed, I managed to update the app and can play the game.

Everything works except the free coin and crate updates. They are available but when I click on them a Connection Issue error shows up.

Is this because I am not in the official test group or a server issue on your end.

Thanks

TombRaider_Ed 27-01-21 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogalame (Post 8274280)
Hey Ed, I managed to update the app and can play the game.

Everything works except the free coin and crate updates. They are available but when I click on them a Connection Issue error shows up.

Is this because I am not in the official test group or a server issue on your end.

Thanks

If you hit settings then contact us and raise a ticket, we'll take a look into it - not sure what would be causing that as you'll still be connected to the same server as any other player:confused:

yogalame 28-01-21 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaider_Ed (Post 8274283)
If you hit settings then contact us and raise a ticket, we'll take a look into it - not sure what would be causing that as you'll still be connected to the same server as any other player:confused:

Thanks, I submitted a ticket.

yogalame 28-01-21 17:06

Quote:

By the way I think I found a bug.

I tried uninstalling the app to fix my problem.

After restoring my progress from Google Play, while my progress from upgrading outfits was still there (18/26), the attack and HP was not added to the total shown in the previous screen, I didn't know if it was just a display bug or the extra HP/attack was actually lost so I restored the game from a Titanium backup.

Using the free upgrades was not fixed by the way so the problem I think is server site. I also tried installing the game on a second identical phone to mine (same brand/model/Android version) I have access to and the upgrades worked fine.

UroshUchiha 28-01-21 17:45

^I reported this to their official discord and they told me it's a known bug.
The "Outfit" updated don't get equipped after a clean installation just like your items.
If you upgrade the outfit once, the game will figure out you are missing the Outfit stats and give them back to you.

yogalame 28-01-21 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8274629)
The "Outfit" updated don't get equipped after a clean installation just like your items.
If you upgrade the outfit once, the game will figure out you are missing the Outfit stats and give them back to you.

OK, thanks :tmb:

Another bug I always get is a connection error on the 24th level of the 3rd world that doesn't let me finish that world unless I play it offline, then I can finish it plus other random connection errors while playing other levels. Those are much less frequent however, that is consistent.

I'm guessing that is connected to my game profile issue since nobody else has mentioned it.

yogalame 28-01-21 23:14

Quote:

OK so I've now done everything I can to confirm that the problem is either server site or the "Google Play Games" save.

I reset app settings and restarted and let the game restore from the Google Play Games save. The error persists.

I reset app setting, disabled "Google Play Games" and restarted the app. The game started again from the beginning and I was able to use the free upgrades.

I exited the game, reenabled "Google Play Games" and started the game again. The game now asks me if I want to restore the saved progress. I say yes. I now retry the free game upgrades and the "30 Gems Recourses pack" I can now afford. They all give me the same error:
https://i.imgur.com/jroENkQ.png
followed by a very brief network error:
https://i.imgur.com/ubAnIEB.png
and then the game restarts (without exiting).

I submitted a ticket but did not get the autoreply that I usually get when I do this for other software. Do you have a ticket of this? I can PM you my player ID if you want.

Should I submit a new ticket?

I even got some logcats for both when the purchases work and when they don't.

To everybody here sorry for spamming this thread but this was the only place where I got a response.

edit
I went ahead and sent you a PM with my player ID.

TombRaider_Ed 29-01-21 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8274629)

Oh hey Urosh! You were the first person in our Discord, we had a mini party on your arrival :jmp:

jackali 29-01-21 09:20

Would like a confirmation pop up added to spend gems, accidentally spent mine while scrolling through the shop. :/

TombRaider_Ed 29-01-21 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogalame (Post 8274781)
OK so I've now done everything I can to confirm that the problem is either server site or the "Google Play Games" save.

I reset app settings and restarted and let the game restore from the Google Play Games save. The error persists.

I reset app setting, disabled "Google Play Games" and restarted the app. The game started again from the beginning and I was able to use the free upgrades.

I exited the game, reenabled "Google Play Games" and started the game again. The game now asks me if I want to restore the saved progress. I say yes. I now retry the free game upgrades and the "30 Gems Recourses pack" I can now afford. They all give me the same error:
https://i.imgur.com/jroENkQ.png
followed by a very brief network error:
https://i.imgur.com/ubAnIEB.png
and then the game restarts (without exiting).

I submitted a ticket but did not get the autoreply that I usually get when I do this for other software. Do you have a ticket of this? I can PM you my player ID if you want.

Should I submit a new ticket?

I even got some logcats for both when the purchases work and when they don't.

To everybody here sorry for spamming this thread but this was the only place where I got a response.

edit
I went ahead and sent you a PM with my player ID.

Best thing to do here is to copy and paste the above into an email and send direct to trrsupport@eu.square-enix.com and that will make sure a ticket gets created.

You can also join the Discord and our lovely Player Experience Manager will respond! I will respond but not helpfully as I have no idea what happens on that side of things :D