www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

Love2Raid 23-11-20 17:10

Trailer is cool and Lara looks really cute. Maybe Iíll try it if itís any good.

Chamayoo 23-11-20 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 (Post 8254869)
we need to get behind this game, whether it's what you want or not
CD have convinced Square that Classic Lara doesn't have much of a fanbase and won't make any money, let's prove em wrong

I wonder if this will be the start of the 25th anniversary

Even if opinion is unpopular about this game, or could be worse later (if the game is indeed bad and unnecessary), that shouldn't give them the impression no one support classic Lara/TR.
The best we could do as a community, is to make clear we're hopeful about exciting projects with Tomb Raider but not necessarily agree about this particular project (even more if it ends up being lame).

lance6439 23-11-20 17:13

Was happy


Then saw it was for Mobile
Lmao. Trash. They can never do anything right

Samz 23-11-20 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 (Post 8254869)
we need to get behind this game, whether it's what you want or not
CD have convinced Square that Classic Lara doesn't have much of a fanbase and won't make any money, let's prove em wrong

I wonder if this will be the start of the 25th anniversary

A: I don't have a phone that isn't a toaster and B: to my knowledge we haven't seen any gameplay.

TrustyBow 23-11-20 17:16

So I guess it's only going to be mobile? Wonder if they plan on porting to consoles like with LC:GO.

Love2Raid 23-11-20 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 8254878)
A: I don't have a phone that isn't a toaster and B: to my knowledge we haven't seen any gameplay.

Indeed, it could be anything. Thatís why Iím taking the wait and see approach.

Mikky 23-11-20 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlr online (Post 8254851)
Uploading some assets here courtesy of CD.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/album.php?albumid=590

Is that an in-game model? Kinda looks like it

Someone has mentioned before but can we also talk about how they are no longer using the Lara Croft brand for spin-offs? It's kind of interesting because they were so adamant about them being two separate entities, so to speak. Now it's all Tomb Raider (as it should be)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombraider95 (Post 8254844)
Comments aren't great, but I'm not surprised either.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...875361281?s=20

Lol, everyone there is so unbothered. Reminds me of that expression I've seen used around here lately: "no-one moved".

michaeldt 23-11-20 17:19

I'm very curious but also confused

Tombraider95 23-11-20 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 (Post 8254869)
we need to get behind this game, whether it's what you want or not
CD have convinced Square that Classic Lara doesn't have much of a fanbase and won't make any money, let's prove em wrong

No. I'm not going to support dog **** just because it's related to Classic Tomb Raider to prove it's still profitable (speaking in general), I actually want quality. Also It's not going to make money if they make it a free mobile game first of all lol

But judging by many comments outside of this forum, Square Enix Mobile games aren't going down well. If it's a crappy mobile game full of microtransactions then I'm not going to support it just because it's classic related because this isn't what people want. They know this but are arrogant enough to do it anyway.

Of course I might be wrong, and I'm not hating on it obviously. But I'm not on board with this action of putting up with it "if we want it or not". After seeing gameplay we'll know for certain.

lance6439 23-11-20 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurtis6 (Post 8254758)
According with Square Enix DE youtube account, it's a Free To Play Game.

So it's going to be garbage :vlol: LOOOOOL I cannot. Okay just bring on the next reboot game please. The way they're embarrassing LC like SH was given the trash treatment by only ever being given mobile games for like 10 years

tlr online 23-11-20 17:29

Offline teaser trailer, artwork and logo available here on our Tomb Raider Reloaded microsite.

Zebra 23-11-20 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8254870)
Thanks to those who replied to my question. I understand now. I'm not too bothered by it being free to play in this case. My small experience is that it's optional to spend money to make progress. I'd rather that on a mobile game than microtransactions on a main game.

I don't think you really understand it then, actually. The problem isn't that there are microtransactions, the problem is that these games often tend to be designed around them to the point where they aren't fun to play unless you put down some cash (and even then they might not actually be fun - the goal is more to turn you into a compulsive player/spender than to keep you playing because it's such a quality experience). And not just a one-time fee. They'll try to get you hooked on the game, making you pay over and over again.

Yes, there are examples of free-to-play games that get microtransactions right, that aren't overly predatory or exploitative and that are actually fun to play without having to spend any money but most free-to-play mobile games don't fall into that category. Most free-to-play mobile games are terrible grind-fests solely designed around getting players addicted to them and then making them pay up to satisfy their addiction. That's not some optional part off to the side that you can ignore if you're so fortunate to not be susceptible to this type of exploitation. It's embedded in the core design of the game. (Yes, yes, I said core design just there xD.)

Games like Hogwarts Mystery, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Dungeon Keeper: Mobile are good examples of these types of games being made with high-profile IPs.

laracroft1997 23-11-20 17:31

Have we seen gameplay footage yet? Why is everyone saying it's trash based off a teaser? I'm confused.

Strayyy_ 23-11-20 17:31

I hope they give this game Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia treatment if it has microtransactions, I really want this game to be F2P friendly and not a greedy game like FFBE or that Kingdom Hearts mobile game.

Chamayoo 23-11-20 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlr online (Post 8254889)
Offline teaser trailer, artwork and logo available here on our Tomb Raider Reloaded microsite.

Now looking more of it, I still really like the general apparence of Lara but her face doesn't really look that much like her. :0

Zebra 23-11-20 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by laracroft1997 (Post 8254893)
Have we seen gameplay footage yet? Why is everyone saying it's trash based off a teaser? I'm confused.

Because it's a free-to-play mobile game. That doesn't guarantee that it's going to be bad and we should keep a somewhat open mind but most free-to-play mobile games are utter rubbish so a healthy dose of scepticism is appropriate imo.

Amunet 23-11-20 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 8254878)
A: I don't have a phone that isn't a toaster

Oh I can absolutely relate to this! I very much doubt my phone will be able to play this.

Mikky 23-11-20 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlr online (Post 8254889)
Offline teaser trailer, artwork and logo available here on our Tomb Raider Reloaded microsite.

Thanks. Any chance we can also get that wallpaper used on the video thumbnail?

Strayyy_ 23-11-20 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by laracroft1997 (Post 8254893)
Have we seen gameplay footage yet? Why is everyone saying it's trash based off a teaser? I'm confused.

it's a mobile game with Classic Lara, not the best way to make her comeback tbh since people wanted remakes more than a mobile F2P game. However, I'll take it. :D

LateRaider 23-11-20 17:36

lara looks like the funko rock candy figure

TrustyBow 23-11-20 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8254888)
So it's going to be garbage :vlol: LOOOOOL I cannot. Okay just bring on the next reboot game please. The way they're embarrassing LC like SH was given the trash treatment by only ever being given mobile games for like 10 years

The quality of F2P games has gone up quite a bit with games like Warzone and Genshin Impact.

I am curious to see what the scope of the game will be. Do they plan on supporting it for a while or are they just gonna drop it and move on? Generally I would assume the latter but now that mobile games have a bit more credibility, I wouldn't be surprised if they had high expectations for this.

RAID 23-11-20 17:37

Mobile? Really? :confused: With the new consoles just out, they're going with MOBILE???

Chamayoo 23-11-20 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 8254904)
Mobile? Really? :confused: With the new consoles just out, they're going with MOBILE???

No one prevents the other, even if I understand it could be irritating when you're waiting for a serious project for so long. ;)

PinkyPromise 23-11-20 17:42

I really like the design. It's like a TR designed by Nintendo. It would be great if it were a platform videogame and not something for mobile phones ... I love that they recover the classic iconography: braid, guns, dinosaurs and ... even typography!

Ellioft 23-11-20 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8254902)
lara looks like the funko rock candy figure

Yes exactly :D

charmedangelin 23-11-20 17:44

Remember guys this was NOT made by CD. It's likely Square is sourcing TR to multiple developers.

There is too much being posted for this to be the only thing. Lets support this so they see the demand for classic.

iWANEX 23-11-20 17:46

I loved the trailer. Everything looks dope. Seems like it's going to be a cool, fun game. The model for Lara is really cool too and I remember people saying they wanted a TR game that was more cartoony, so this is pretty much it. Let's see some gameplay, but so far it looks fantastic.

It's a shame that the same people are still complaining about the same things (both here and on Twitter). I've said this hundreds of times but if we are positive about this and show our support, they might consider releasing more classic stuff. If they don't see any hype and profit when they announce/release these types of projects, they won't invest in future classic-inspired ones. As simple as that.

Also, this is definitely not the only thing SE is going to announce, that's for sure.

Chamayoo 23-11-20 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8254912)
Remember guys this was NOT made by CD. It's likely Square is sourcing TR to multiple developers.

There is too much being posted for this to be the only thing. Lets support this so they see the demand for classic.

I agree, I take this a side project and a bonus. It's not the next big AAA project for the anniversary, it would not prevent other big projects, like if we have to wait 2024 after this, haha.

RAID 23-11-20 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8254908)
No one prevents the other, even if I understand it could be irritating when you're waiting for a serious project for so long. ;)

I just hope it's not another Relic Run or Jewel Quest type of game.

Yunaīs Wish 23-11-20 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 8254918)
I just hope it's not another Relic Run or Jewel Quest type of game.

They've defined it as "Action Arcade".

Perhaps it's a 2D sidescroller.

(Edited)

Mikky 23-11-20 17:48

Yeah, it gives us something new to talk about at least. Hope they release screenshots soon.

Anyone have a link to that Q&A by Crystal Dynamics?

Tombraider95 23-11-20 17:48

I just think if they were smart about it, they would have clarified some key things as soon as they announced it, so people wouldn't get put off hearing it's a mobile game, like most are now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8254920)
Yeah, it gives us something new to talk about at least. Hope they release screenshots soon.

Anyone have a link to that Q&A by Crystal Dynamics?

http://raidingtheglobe.com/news/tomb...d-announcement

tlr online 23-11-20 17:49

This is the FAQ from Crystal Dynamics.

Quote:

1. Who is the developer of this Tomb Raider Reloaded?

a. Emerald City Games is developing Tomb Raider Reloaded. Square Enix LondonMobile is the publisher.

2. What is Crystal Dynamics involvement in Tomb Raider Reloaded?

a. While Crystal Dynamics is not directly involved in the development of Tomb Raider Reloaded, we have been working closely with Emerald City and Square Enix to ensure it delivers a great Tomb Raider experience.

3. What kind of gameplay can we expect in Tomb Raider Reloaded?

a. Tomb Raider Reloaded is an action-arcade game for mobile. We will have more information on gameplay specifics at a later date!

4. What type of mobile devices will Tomb Raider Reloaded be published on?

a. Tomb Raider Reloaded will be available on both iOS and Android.

5. When will Tomb Raider Reloaded release?

a. Tomb Raider Reloaded will soft launch soon in certain territories. The full launch will be in 2021 Ė we will have specifics at a later date!

lance6439 23-11-20 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 8254914)
I loved the trailer. Everything looks dope. Seems like it's going to be a cool, fun game. The model for Lara is really cool too and I remember people saying they wanted a TR game that was more cartoony, so this is pretty much it. Let's see some gameplay, but so far it looks fantastic.

It's a shame that the same people are still complaining about the same things (both here and on Twitter). I've said this hundreds of times but if we are positive about this and show our support, they might consider releasing more classic stuff. If they don't see any hype and profit when they announce/release these types of projects, they won't invest in future classic-inspired ones. As simple as that.

Also, this is definitely not the only thing SE is going to announce, that's for sure.

Imagine kissing ass because it has CLara trademarks

People are turned off by it being a free mobile game. Free mobile games are usually really ****ty. The non LC fans aren't even impressed

charmedangelin 23-11-20 17:52

Seriously the amount of people bitching about not having a phone?

Gurl it's 2020, even the government recognizes phones as a necessity. Come on :vlol:

TrustyBow 23-11-20 17:53

Quote:

5. When will Tomb Raider Reloaded release?

a. Tomb Raider Reloaded will soft launch soon in certain territories. The full launch will be in 2021
Interesting! It'd be cool if they released it the night of TGA.

Tombraider95 23-11-20 17:54

Just letting everyone know now, you can't use the "No one is interested in Classic Tomb Raider" excuse if this game doesn't do well. The success of this is 100% reliant on it being a mobile game.

Maybe we'll get a gameplay trailer at the TGA.

SnatchingEdges 23-11-20 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8254927)
Seriously the amount of people bitching about not having a phone?

Gurl it's 2020, even the government recognizes phones as a necessity. Come on :vlol:

Just looking for cheap excuses to cry lol

Why would they release games for PC if I don't a PC? I mean the stupidity here :vlol:

@Tombraider95 It doesn't matter what we use, the important thing is what SE understands.

redfox45 23-11-20 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8254927)
Seriously the amount of people bitching about not having a phone?

Gurl it's 2020, even the government recognizes phones as a necessity. Come on :vlol:

Smartphones are trash.

Were it not for the necessity of WhatsApp I'd happily throw it in the garbage and downgrade to a £10 nokia

Amunet 23-11-20 17:56

So what do you think we can expect from a "action-arcade game"?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.