www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Reborninshadow's Restored Voice Lines Project and More (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=226260)

reborninshadow 20-06-21 20:43

Reborninshadow's Restored Voice Lines Project and More
 
TRAOD Restoration Modpack

Includes:

- Added Dual Pistols (Vectors and Scorpion X) pickups in both Paris and Prague.
- Added many unused voice lines (35+) for both Lara & Kurtis and for other characters.
- Fixed various gameplay and visual bugs.
- Re-enabled many disabled enemies.
- Plot adjustments and additions to improve some of the plot issues and improve certain elements such as the notebook entries, which also have brand new images included to improve storytelling.
- Re-enabled various cut gameplay such as the X-Ray machine & improved some gameplay oversights.
- All additions have been made on top of Nakamichi's level fixes.

What is the Alternate Version?: The original version has less gameplay changes compared to the Alternate version. Some of the stuff the Alternate version includes:

Changed weapon placements to replicate the early ideas for AOD, meaning no lethal weapons early in the game. Also includes other adjustments such as fewer money pickups on the streets & various gameplay adjustments to make certain things less obvious. This version also has significantly increased amount of Vector clips.

Check the changelog for all the changes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...f=true&sd=true

It is highly recommended that you install this on top of the TRAOD Rescued Modpack by LateRaider: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=226179

Currently, this mod is made only with English language in mind. There will be text issues and potentially other issues on other languages.

V1.1 Release

Original: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OC4...w?usp=drivesdk
Alternate (Recommended): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1noj...w?usp=drivesdk

Please report any bugs encountered (that are caused by the mod) and feel free to give me feedback in this thread.

KNOWN ISSUES: In Parisian Ghetto if you use the radio first and then talk to Janice/Drug Dealer, the game may freeze. Make sure to talk to them first before using the radio until this is fixed.









Thanks to TRJTA for making all the new textures included in this mod and for giving me suggestions/feedback and a big thank you to Sasho648 and Nakamichi680 for creating amazing AOD modding tools! Credit goes to Dark Legend and PlagueDoctor for the modified CHR files.

Jathom95 20-06-21 21:15

I was already expecting this to be great anyway, but you've really went above and beyond with this! There's so much here that is going to make AOD feel more complete. I especially love how in the first level she mentions why she's heading into Derelict Apartment Block. Or the police audio and the radio newscast because they explain things either glossed over/not mentioned at all in the vanilla game. Same with the commando crawl dialogue.

This project is much appreciated, rest assured. Core's getting their work restored bit by bit after all these years. :)

reborninshadow 20-06-21 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jathom95 (Post 8305624)
I was already expecting this to be great anyway, but you've really went above and beyond with this! There's so much here that is going to make AOD feel more complete. I especially love how in the first level she mentions why she's heading into Derelict Apartment Block. Or the police audio and the radio newscast because they explain things either glossed over/not mentioned at all in the vanilla game. Same with the commando crawl dialogue.

This project is much appreciated, rest assured. Core's getting their work restored bit by bit after all these years. :)

Thanks! There are still some things that I haven't done yet that will improve the game a lot in my opinion, mainly readding some of the lines for Kurtis so that his character is a bit more fleshed out :)

Jathom95 20-06-21 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by reborninshadow (Post 8305631)
Thanks! There are still some things that I haven't done yet that will improve the game a lot in my opinion, mainly readding some of the lines for Kurtis so that his character is a bit more fleshed out :)

I'm really looking forward to that in particular. In addition to having all of his powers cut, Kurtis was so strangely silent in the vanilla game. I don't think a single bit of his ambient dialogue was actually used. That will improve his levels drastically.

Edit: Speaking of, is the exchange that was supposed to be between Lara and Kurtis in Cafe Metro able to be restored? The one where she asks him about Bouchard and he brushes her off. I'm not sure if that one was intended to be a cutscene or not, because if it was it would've been awfully short for three lines.

Lara: "Do you know the name Bouchard?"
Kurtis: "I'm just a stranger around here."
Lara: "Don't let me distract you from your paper."

UniMatrixXB 20-06-21 22:23

Wow this is incredible! Just a few days ago we received the AoD Rescue and now we have more of the original sound files restored, I'm so happy! :) I can't wait to use them in the game. Actually been replaying it already (right now at the Strahov) and now I have one more good reason to replay it yet again. A great way to celebrate AoDs birthday indeed! Thanks a lot @reborninshadows!:)

reborninshadow 20-06-21 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jathom95 (Post 8305632)
I'm really looking forward to that in particular. In addition to having all of his powers cut, Kurtis was so strangely silent in the vanilla game. I don't think a single bit of his ambient dialogue was actually used. That will improve his levels drastically.

Edit: Speaking of, is the exchange that was supposed to be between Lara and Kurtis in Cafe Metro able to be restored? The one where she asks him about Bouchard and he brushes her off. I'm not sure if that one was intended to be a cutscene or not, because if it was it would've been awfully short for three lines.

Lara: "Do you know the name Bouchard?"
Kurtis: "I'm just a stranger around here."
Lara: "Don't let me distract you from your paper."

The audio files for that conversation are for some reason in the first beginning area of Parisian Ghetto so it's not a possibility :(

Jathom95 20-06-21 22:56

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. How strange. It was definitely intended for CM though, because that's literally what Kurtis is doing when you see him in there. Oh well.

reborninshadow 20-06-21 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jathom95 (Post 8305641)
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. How strange. It was definitely intended for CM though, because that's literally what Kurtis is doing when you see him in there. Oh well.

Pretty much all of the cut voice lines of the ghetto section are in that area. Maybe it's like that because at early development the different sections of the ghetto weren't seperated just yet? That's just a random guess though, who knows?

Jathom95 20-06-21 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by reborninshadow (Post 8305642)
Pretty much all of the cut voice lines of the ghetto section are in that area. Maybe it's like that because at early development the different sections of the ghetto weren't seperated just yet? That's just a random guess though, who knows?

That's actually probably more accurate than you think. Core intended to use a streaming engine for AOD that would allow for streaming levels in and out but had to rework it because it wouldn't work on the PS2, which was the lead development platform. Parisian Ghetto in particular was likely supposed to more or less be one big level.

It's how we ended up with the oddly segmented transitions in Parisian Ghetto in particular.

TRJTA 21-06-21 04:40

I'm thrilled to help out with this! Keep up the amazing work! Can't wait to see what more this will bring!


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.