www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Tonyrobinson 07-02-12 20:49

As I said above, no matter what game of the series Toby Gard created the character therefore by contract must get credit. :p

Rai 07-02-12 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 5962724)
It says Character beside Toby Gard. :p

He always has to have a credit for Lara or else they can't use her name. :)

Why? Does he own the copyright alone? Doesn't SE own that now or Eidos at the least?

and yeah, poor Karl got left out. :p

jhs270694 07-02-12 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5962426)
Yay she's a 90s kid like me :D

me to! :jmp: and im not talking late 90's either. the numbers in my username say it all ;)

Tonyrobinson 07-02-12 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 5962748)
Why? Does he own the copyright alone? Doesn't SE own that now or Eidos at the least?

and yeah, poor Karl got left out. :p

Nope, it's the same for any original character writers. Lara was his character so he'll always need to get the credit. Same with movie sequel or any film/game adaptions. :)

Rai 07-02-12 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 5962768)
Nope, it's the same for any original character writers. Lara was his character so he'll always need to get the credit. Same with movie sequel or any film/game adaptions. :)

That's fair enough then. As long as that's all it is :pi:

NCFirebolt21 07-02-12 20:57

Karl Stewart got left out, but Meagan Marie's on the list. I don't trust IMDBPro, it's like Wiki, only problem is you need to pay to edit on IMDBPro... I think...

Tonyrobinson 07-02-12 20:58

Yeah you pay for it monthly but it's pretty cheap to be honest. So I'm not too fussed. :p

Rai 07-02-12 21:04

You don't have to have IMDbPro to edit that page, I just signed in to it using Google.

leglion 07-02-12 21:25

Toby guard only designed Lara's look, not Lara the character. But now she's completely redesigned so if that's the case, how does he still have the copyright?

Tonyrobinson 07-02-12 21:35

He "created her name" or something so somehow has to get right by law or something. It's the same with movies the Wayans Brother's recieve writing credits on all four Scary Movie films even know they only made the first two but they still had to be credited as writers for the characters in the movie. It's complicated but it's just so things remain legal. Toby wasn't involved with any of the Core games since Tomb Raider 2 and he still had to get a character writing credit on them. :)

leglion 07-02-12 21:40

Well that's pretty much because Lara from tr1 up until now was very similar. But I don't even think Toby created the name either. The core team was flipping through a phone directory or something like that.

Tonyrobinson 07-02-12 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 5962880)
Well that's pretty much because Lara from tr1 up until now was very similar. But I don't even think Toby created the name either. The core team was flipping through a phone directory or something like that.

Yeah, that's why I used brackets. It's too hard to explain but they need to do it for legal purposes. :)

leglion 07-02-12 21:51

Ya, I don't think he's the creater and I think IMBD(or however you spell it) is wrong, but that's just me.

Stevo505 07-02-12 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5962750)
me to! :jmp: and im not talking late 90's either. the numbers in my username say it all ;)

I was born in 1994 too! :hug:

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5962941)
I was born in 1994 too! :hug:

:hug:

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:06

How do people know she worked as a barmaid? im confused. i think i missed something. anyone care to enlighten?

_Awestruck_ 07-02-12 23:20

It was mentioned in a magazine article, and Karl's talked about it a couple of times.

larafan25 07-02-12 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963054)
How do people know she worked as a barmaid? im confused. i think i missed something. anyone care to enlighten?

It was written in a magazine.

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963054)
How do people know she worked as a barmaid? im confused. i think i missed something. anyone care to enlighten?

In part of the leaked script she said "A wolf's got nothing on a broken bottle" then goes on to talk about the "Nine Bells" bar she worked at :P plus Karl talked about I think.

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 5963087)
It was written in a magazine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Awestruck_ (Post 5963086)
It was mentioned in a magazine article, and Karl's talked about it a couple of times.

TY

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5963090)
In part of the leaked script she said "A wolf's got nothing on a broken bottle" then goes on to talk about the "Nine Bells" bar she worked at :P plus Karl talked about I think.

im gonna read that script, dang i cant believe i missed this lol thanx

Love2Raid 07-02-12 23:24

It was said by Karl Stewart, but I have no link for you right now, sorry. At least one reference to this is made in the script (she says something about a broken bottle when she helps Roth, I think).

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963099)
im gonna read that script, dang i cant believe i missed this lol thanx

You're welcome :D hopefully there are more leaks soon. Even though CD hates leaks I love them... :vlol:

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5963103)
You're welcome :D hopefully there are more leaks soon. Even though CD hates leaks I love them... :vlol:

meh even a mime has to say something once in a while :)

i've read the script... "Yorkshire bastard" LMAO that was totally unexpected

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963109)
meh even a mime has to say something once in a while :)

You should write quotes because that is a really good one... I think I might use it someday :p

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5963116)
You should write quotes because that is a really good one... I think I might use it someday :p

I might write a book :D. Thanx.

and the script is pretty funny, i never expected any upper class person to swear (not in england atleast). its just like hearing david cameron saying "aww sh.t". LOL!

Lukass 07-02-12 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963139)
I might write a book :D. Thanx.

and the script is pretty funny, i never expected any upper class person to swear (not in england atleast). its just like hearing david cameron saying "aww sh.t". LOL!

And the Yorkshire bastard is not all :D There's been said in one magazine that Lara says the "S" word quite a lot :D

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5963145)
And the Yorkshire bastard is not all :D There's been said in one magazine that Lara says the "S" word quite a lot :D

I can believe it. Uncharted gets away with it multiple times and it's only rated T for some reason. Even though Lara is upper class, it seems obvious she'd be a swearer (especially in the situation she's in) because she's been in bar fights and works around those kinds of people :p

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:42

the first thing i noticed is the date from the script. it mentions september 2nd. maybe the release date is somewhere around september? i mean it wouldnt make sense for them to release it before that date

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963157)
the first thing i noticed is the date from the script. it mentions september 2nd. maybe the release date is somewhere around september? i mean it wouldnt make sense for them to release it before that date

Like you mean the game takes place in September?

Lukass 07-02-12 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5963153)
I can believe it. Uncharted gets away with it multiple times and it's only rated T for some reason. Even though Lara is upper class, it seems obvious she'd be a swearer (especially in the situation she's in) because she's been in bar fights and works around those kinds of people :p

I don't see her swearing all the time. I think she'll swear at the beginning only.

jhs270694 07-02-12 23:45

you should go to the college i go to, i practically hear swearing EVERYDAY. even i swear everyday but only minor swears like sh.t or the F word. but online i tend to hide that side of my personality :mis:

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963164)
you should go to the college i go to, i practically hear swearing EVERYDAY. even i swear everyday but only minor swears like sh.t or the F word. but online i tend to hide that side of my personality :mis:

I didn't know the F bomb was minor :p

even s*** is a pretty bad word here.

Lukass 07-02-12 23:49

I'm swearing too. Every day. S and F.

Especially when playing games :p

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5963173)
I'm swearing too. Every day. S and F.

Especially when playing games :p

Yeah.. me too (when I'm alone at least). It's not good but in TRU when she would jump the wrong way I would call her an effing b*tch.. :o Poor Lara takes so much abuse.

Lukass 07-02-12 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5963176)
Yeah.. me too (when I'm alone at least). It's not good but in TRU when she would jump the wrong way I would call her an effing b*tch.. :o Poor Lara takes so much abuse.

Gosh, me too. I already gave her so many unpleasant names :o

Stevo505 07-02-12 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5963179)
Gosh, me too. I already gave her so many unpleasant names :o

:vlol: I wonder what all the creative names people have made for her are...

jhs270694 08-02-12 00:00

you guys noticed the date on the leaked script? 2nd september that lara mentions? you think tomb raider 2012will be released september? i think it might. any later than october/november and then i think it's pointless releasing it this year TBH. Furthermore 'big' games usually come out on september till november so i think its a perfectly reasonable date for it to be released.

Stevo505 08-02-12 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs270694 (Post 5963190)
you guys noticed the date on the leaked script? 2nd september that lara mentions? you think it will be released in september? i think it might. any later than october/november and then i think it's pointless releasing it this year TBH.

They might be aiming for September, to keep the game congruous with real time. I hope so anyway... it would be nice to get it that early :)

Lukass 08-02-12 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 5963184)
:vlol: I wonder what all the creative names people have made for her are...

I usually use the word for female vagina :o There are few words for it in Czech language and they are really dirty :o

Sometimes a just let her die. I killed her million times. I was always shouting at her "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!" using the evil voice, just like some Disney villain or something :vlol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.