www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

PinkyPromise 30-12-17 11:39

fandango most anticipated movies 2018 (after more than 9000 poll)

1“ Vengadores:: Infinity War”
2 “Black Panther”
3 “Jurassic World: El reino caído”
4 “Deadpool 2”
5“Solo: A Star Wars Story”
6 “Incredibles 2”
7 “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”
8 “A Wrinkle in Time”
9 “X-Men: Dark Phoenix”
10 “Ocean’s 8”

TR trailer had 20.000 dislikes.

Flop is real. I want to see a closed movie. No movies thinking about sequels.

Rai 30-12-17 12:07

The TR trailer also has 80k likes. Yeah flop for sure.

BigR4444 30-12-17 12:12

People aren't going to be hyped for a movie if they're unaware of it's existence. I think we can all agree that the advertising campaign has to be stepped up quite a bit...

There's something weird about that list anyway... I'm not a huge fan of 50 shades of grey, but you're gunna tell me that didn't make the list?
And sticking with that theme; every single one of those is a sequel or prequel of some kind.
It might not be the only TR movie, but right now it's kinda standing on it's own...

PinkyPromise 30-12-17 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7808624)
The TR trailer also has 80k likes. Yeah flop for sure.

compare the dislikes with other trailers (none has so many) ... the hate level is similar to Ghostbusters

joona 30-12-17 12:31

The trailer has so many dislikes because it is a bad trailer. It does not mean that the movie will flop. I am pretty sure that the next trailer is way better.

PinkyPromise 30-12-17 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by joona (Post 7808627)
The trailer has so many dislikes because it is a bad trailer. It does not mean that the movie will flop. I am pretty sure that the next trailer is way better.

I hope so. They need a better trailer and more marketing.

Rai 30-12-17 12:43

Well if you wanna concentrate on the negative side of things...:whi:. The hate is equivalent to Ghostbusters? Uh, no, that film caused an uproar due to snowflakes getting their knickers in a twist over an all female line-up. The most prevalent hate I've seen for TR has been either she's not AJ, her boobs are too small or Alicia Vikander is the devil incarnate, just because. Nothing about the movie itself.

If there is a wane in interest at all it's because the marketing is slow. When the trailer first dropped, the positivity was quite refreshing.

lizardspock110 30-12-17 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7808629)
If there is a wane in interest at all its because the marketing is slow. When the trailer first dropped, the positivity was quite refreshing.

True. TR was even on trending :D

AimlessThunder 30-12-17 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 7808626)
compare the dislikes with other trailers (none has so many) ... the hate level is similar to Ghostbusters

That's because... No boobs this is #notmyLara :rolleyes: and the trailer was pretty basic.

BigR4444 30-12-17 12:54

Yea, the hate for Ghostbusters was all over the place. There's really no comparison.
All female lineup or not, it was awful...

I looked at l fandangos top 10 for 2017, and Thor:Ragnarok wasnt even on it... So I guess that wasn't an indication of the movies quality, or it's box office success