Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

MuruCoder 08-02-18 17:55

[QUOTE=tombstone;7819968]Don't like that they padded her bra, it will just give the we want huge boobs crowd more reason to hate and say "ha big boobs are crucial to being lara". So dumb. :cen:[/QUOTE]

It's not crucial but, in my case at least, the fact that it got changed is annoying.

Natural C, D even E cups are just as "real" like A and B cups so any woman/character with C,D,E are just as "realistic". The notion that only A&B women are "realistic" or "smart" or "skillful actors" is what's dumb.

Mickybyrne20 08-02-18 17:56

Well, I have to be honest and say Alicia used to have boobs, but they disappeared when she started that stupid highly intense workout regime. They've made her cut weight big time, and she doesn't look healthy. She needs to put on some weight by eating more calories and doing weight training, and less cardio intense training. That way she'll retain her boobs, and grow a booty.

Women shouldn't do highly intense cardio because they loose all their body fat percentage, which is essentially the key to "curvaceous body". It's biological that women have more fat on their body's.

tombstone 08-02-18 18:01

[QUOTE=MuruCoder;7819972]It's not crucial but, in my case at least, the fact that it got changed is annoying.

Natural C, D even E cups are just as "real" like A and B cups so any woman/character with C,D,E are just as "realistic". The notion that only A&B women are "realistic" or "smart" or "skillful actors" is what's dumb.[/QUOTE]

Who the heck says that only real women have small breats? Lara in the reboot still has big breasts for such a skinny woman, Alicia isn't as well endowed as game lara but she looks strong, confident and she's a good actress.

MuruCoder 08-02-18 18:09

[QUOTE=tombstone;7819975]Who the heck says that only real women have small breats? Lara in the reboot still has big breasts for such a skinny woman, Alicia isn't as well endowed as game lara but she looks strong, confident and she's a good actress.[/QUOTE]

I quoted you but was responding in general. Many people defend the new look of Lara Croft by saying stuff like "she's more realistic now" etc. mostly due to reduced boob size. Also I think it was in this thread many many pages ago, some people were defending Alicia as if picking a big boob actress would automatically end us up with a "bad actor", as if "no big boob woman is capable of acting". I'm sure there are many woman who are BOTH decent actors AND have some boobs that wouldn't need a padded bra.

Portugalraider 08-02-18 18:36

But a great actress with a padded bra is better than a decent one with big breasts. You want the best acting abilities you can get from someone who looks the part, and Alicia is just lacking on breast size. And it seems the padded bra was her own choice, so she knows that is something she has to wear to look more like the character. And she looks great as Lara.

And don't get me wrong, if there is someone who knows there are women with natural big breasts and that appreciates that fact it's me. But Lara Croft is not just boobs. She never was, even when she had exaggerated proportions. Hell, I think the most ridiculous thing on old Lara's design was her waist and not her breasts. But we got an amazing casting choice with Alicia. And losing her just because of breast size would be ridiculous.

AntRaidsTombs 08-02-18 18:50

Did you guys see this yet? It’s the arcade game [URL="https://twitter.com/daveandbusters/status/961661064713850880"]https://twitter.com/daveandbusters/status/961661064713850880[/URL]

Jorje Croft 08-02-18 18:50

As Alicia is a great actress and she'll do a good performance why do we talk about her boobs. she has an average breast size in this movie which looks totally natural she's skinny in general and huge boobs wouldn't look good, I don't need Lara with implants , I like her how she is now for 101%, with minimal makeup, come on Crystal Lara was always dressed up like she was going to the club, who has time for such a heavy makeup during tomb raiding.

AntRaidsTombs 08-02-18 19:00

[QUOTE=Jorje Croft;7819986]As Alicia is a great actress and she'll do a good performance why do we talk about her boobs. she has an average breast size in this movie which looks totally natural she's skinny in general and huge boobs wouldn't look good, I don't need Lara with implants , I like her how she is now for 101%, with minimal makeup, come on Crystal Lara was always dressed up like she was going to the club, who has time for such a heavy makeup during tomb raiding.[/QUOTE]

*applauds loudly*

BigR4444 08-02-18 19:01

[QUOTE=Mickybyrne20;7819973]Well, I have to be honest and say Alicia used to have boobs, but they disappeared when she started that stupid highly intense workout regime. They've made her cut weight big time, and she doesn't look healthy. She needs to put on some weight by eating more calories and doing weight training, and less cardio intense training. That way she'll retain her boobs, and grow a booty.

Women shouldn't do highly intense cardio because they loose all their body fat percentage, which is essentially the key to "curvaceous body". It's biological that women have more fat on their body's.[/QUOTE]

I dunno where youve been, but she GAINED weight training for the movie... something like 12-15 lbs. She was tiny to begin with. Anyone with a set of eyes can see she got absolutely ripped.
If you start out from a certain point, and gain 12 pounds of muscle, by default, your body fat% will drop; because youve added muscle, thus changing the ratio... thus you would appear leaner...

[QUOTE=AntRaidsTombs;7819985]Did you guys see this yet? It’s the arcade game [URL="https://twitter.com/daveandbusters/status/961661064713850880"]https://twitter.com/daveandbusters/status/961661064713850880[/URL][/QUOTE]

Yea I just saw that today... interesting marketing tactic... not bad

MuruCoder 08-02-18 19:08

[QUOTE=Portugalraider;7819982]But a great actress with a padded bra is better than a decent one with big breasts.[/QUOTE]

Then I'm sure there are women who are BOTH "great" actresses AND have big breasts. Again, while I see your point, you make it sound like actresses with bigger breasts are ALL "less good actors" compared to Alicia, like no bigger breasted woman could ever reach her level of acting.

[QUOTE=Jorje Croft;7819986]Come on Crystal Lara was always dressed up like she was going to the club, who has time for such a heavy makeup during tomb raiding.[/QUOTE]

It's a game, a fantasy revolving around unrealistic elements. It has dinosaurs, mummies, skeletons, egyptian gods... and the reboots have ages old Himiko, immortality relic, an inexperienced girl killing armed men with arrows...

You are completely fine with all that but some makeup breaks up the realism, immersion, etc...