www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Modding (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Legend/Anniversary Mesh Modding is here (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=226220)

[Xmas] 07-09-21 20:25

Wow you guys are legends for making so much progress with model swapping. Never thought I'd get to live long enough to see someone actually replace Lara's model without it making the game crash lol.

Will you release the tools to the public at some point?

LuckyEdge10 10-09-21 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 8319372)
Wow you guys are legends for making so much progress with model swapping. Never thought I'd get to live long enough to see someone actually replace Lara's model without it making the game crash lol.

Will you release the tools to the public at some point?

There are no tools for model swapping, it is done manually via hex editing.

Model swapping is only useful to switch between player Legend Lara/player Anniversary Lara anyway, because they're the only ones sharing the same bone order for the animations to work correctly.

Irastris is working on a Blender add-on to export custom models to the format to make the process automatic. Though he's very busy with work and these are the current limits:

- only 1 weight per vertex (game limit is 2, but we still have to add the code to write the second weight)

- only 1 mesh, so only one material (not possible at the moment to add hair with alpha channel, for example)

- only possible to mod Anniversary Lara for now, but porting to other instances is very easy with hex editing

- 21850 vertices limit for the whole model (this limit might stay forever since it seems like the engine just crashes if your model has more vertices)

[Xmas] 10-09-21 13:38

I see, thank you for clearing that up then! :)

So, the Blender add-on Irastris is working on would export the custom model(s) as GNC files which could then be imported into Noesis and replace existing GNC models stored in .drm files (e.g. lara.drm)? Once that's done, you'd repack the newly modified .drm and use TheIndra55's TR Menu Hook to load it in-game? Sorry if I'm spewing nonsense here, my knowledge in regards to modding LAU is somewhat limited and I'm just trying to get a general idea of how the process works. I have no prior experience with hex editing whatsoever :o

I did notice while playing around with some extracted .drm files that TRL/TRA models appear to be stored in GNC files while textures take the PCD format. Did you use Irastris's Blender plugin to create the AoD Lara .drm file for Anniversary or was that done through some hex magic? And the playable Anaya mod for Legend?

LuckyEdge10 10-09-21 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 8319923)
I see, thank you for clearing that up then! :)

So, the Blender add-on Irastris is working on would export the custom model(s) as GNC files which could then be imported into Noesis and replace existing GNC models stored in .drm files (e.g. lara.drm)? Once that's done, you'd repack the newly modified .drm and use TheIndra55's TR Menu Hook to load it in-game? Sorry if I'm spewing nonsense here, my knowledge in regards to modding LAU is somewhat limited and I'm just trying to get a general idea of how the process works. I have no prior experience with hex editing whatsoever :o

Yes that's totally correct. The add-on will export the model to .GNC, then you drag and drop it inside an extracted .drm archive and repack it.

Quote:

I did notice while playing around with some extracted .drm files that TRL/TRA models appear to be stored in GNC files while textures take the PCD format. Did you use Irastris's Blender plugin to create the AoD Lara .drm file for Anniversary or was that done through some hex magic?

The AoD Lara mod version was entirely made by me with hex editing, though that's just for the default outfit (shorts). I ported the other outfits using his add-on.

Quote:

And the playable Anaya mod for Legend?

That was also entirely made by me, and it required quite a lot of effort because Anaya's bone order does not match with Lara, I had to basically write a .GNC file from scratch myself with hex editing

Ameliorator 13-09-21 08:46

Hey there, I just want to start by saying this is amazing. Iíve been keeping up with this since it was first posted and Iím really impressed. I wanted to ask about something: I saw that SteveOfWarr had used the AoD Lara mesh for Anniversary Lara on his Anniversary stream. How was he able to do that? He didnít go into any detail about it in the video so I thought I should ask here

CircusBabysGal 15-09-21 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ameliorator (Post 8320278)
Hey there, I just want to start by saying this is amazing. Iíve been keeping up with this since it was first posted and Iím really impressed. I wanted to ask about something: I saw that SteveOfWarr had used the AoD Lara mesh for Anniversary Lara on his Anniversary stream. How was he able to do that? He didnít go into any detail about it in the video so I thought I should ask here

Raq released an early wip mod of the AoD Mesh in TRA, you can find it in their Twitter :) @Raq238

Ameliorator 16-09-21 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal (Post 8320769)
Raq released an early wip mod of the AoD Mesh in TRA, you can find it in their Twitter :) @Raq238

Ah okay thank you for letting me know :)

CircusBabysGal 03-10-21 15:33

I AM SHOOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NapmI5Yqeg4