www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Jack Croft 02-03-10 12:44

To think its only a week away is surreal.

I've been 'following' this game for about 3/4 years since it was announced, and I remember counting down the days and when it was like 77 Days.

But now its only 7 days and they cant go quick enough. :D

MiCkiZ88 02-03-10 12:53

Yay. Just installed FFVIII. How I missed the music and FMV's..

Just hoped the resolutions would've been a bit better. The environment looks great as always, but the characters look rather hard edged and blurry when they are far away.

That, or I shouldnt be playing it on high def tv..

Jack Croft 02-03-10 12:57

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...it-Disc-3.html

Quote:

We've been rinsing out the rather cool and eagerly anticipated Final Fantasy XIII for the last few days now and are having a great time battling monsters and seeing the story progress along with its characters. Playing the Xbox 360 version has meant that there have been two occasions where a disk swap has been in order.

This is due to the game's reliance of storage space hungry CGI scenes (of which there are quite a few). However, much has been said about the game length and we can confirm that there's well in excess of 40 hours, and the figure given by Square of a 60 hour game, is definitely accurate.

We reached disk 3 in around 32 hours of casual play and can confirm that the last four chapters offers more out and out action, piling on more hours. It's not unusual for RPGs to have such great length, but at least fans can rest assured that there's enough bang for their buck when the game releases on the 9th March 2010. Compared to other single player games, Final Fantasy XIII certainly delivers when it comes to game length.
Excellent.

tidusffxwakka 02-03-10 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Croft (Post 4409064)
I've not seen the Inernational Trailer for days now and dont plan to either, just seeing adverts now which is fine.

i barely watch the international trailer its the tgs one i like. international trailer is awful to me for some reason i cant put my hands on.....:tea: i mean finger on

*laralover* 02-03-10 14:53

Pre ordered game and guide :jmp: Wow they really are crazy about ardvertising :p Cant wait to play :cln: I saw some 360 english gameplay and i loveee Vanniles voice! its weird like cute but at the same time really english reminds me of Fiona Beli from Haunting Ground lol

Rivendell 02-03-10 15:06

I'm going to be in London next Tuesday when it's 'launched' in the UK in an hmv store - I had planned to go home before that time, but... I don't know. I'm a *little* bit tempted to go, and catch a later train home.

But then again I'm not exactly hyped up about FF13, and I'm not going to be buying it on the day anyway. Probably just going to leave it.

*laralover* 02-03-10 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 4409262)
I'm going to be in London next Tuesday when it's 'launched' in the UK in an hmv store - I had planned to go home before that time, but... I don't know. I'm a *little* bit tempted to go, and catch a later train home.

But then again I'm not exactly hyped up about FF13, and I'm not going to be buying it on the day anyway. Probably just going to leave it.

Im jealous :( Yoshinori Kitase will be there and other people to see fans boo :p

Minty Mouth 02-03-10 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by *laralover* (Post 4409241)
i loveee Vanniles voice! its weird like cute but at the same time really english reminds me of Fiona Beli from Haunting Ground lol

It's more Australian :p

Jack Croft 02-03-10 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 4409307)
It's more Australian :p

I've never heard her speak but rumour is shes Australian.

Legend of Lara 02-03-10 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Croft (Post 4409327)
I've never heard her speak but rumour is shes Australian.

Rumour? Isn't her VA Australian? :p