Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   8th Tomb Slot... (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222664)

TR1249 06-09-19 06:14

Where did you guys even buy the CE? 100 Bucks is kinda much lmao

SoraSakai 06-09-19 06:36

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8128993]People certainly keep paying for it so people seem quite fine with it actually.

Me delusional? Gurl don't you start with me.

Me asking for free content? No, you can fly away now before I really let out the good word. I already paid way more then any other game. There is a difference between paying the bills and being greedy as **** because the gaming industry has gone on for far too long being that way. $100 is way too much to spend on a single game and to ask for people to pay more is beyond riddiculess, understand it.

Your example was not equivalent to the situation at all. :whi:[/QUOTE]
And you received the content you paid for.
What you paid for has been given to you.

[B]It’s not that hard to understand.[/B]

You keep acting as if these are things you’re being forced to buy and they aren’t. Games aren’t food and water. You don’t [B]have[/B] to buy anything to do with them if you don’t want to. If it turns out the 8th tomb isn’t free and that you personally have a problem with that, then don’t buy it. There’s nothing to get angry about. You think you’ve spent enough money on the game, then don’t spend anymore money on it.

Its really that simple. So you’ve made your point. If it’s not free, you won’t get it. Thanks for sharing.

Tomb Raidering 06-09-19 08:02

[B][COLOR="White"]*what did I start???*[/COLOR][/B]

Any more updates on steamdb, those who understand the site?

Athukraz 06-09-19 09:14

[QUOTE=Tomb Raidering;8129006][B][COLOR="White"]*what did I start???*[/COLOR][/B]

Any more updates on steamdb, those who understand the site?[/QUOTE]

Nope

suli 06-09-19 10:36

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8128999]And you received the content you paid for.

[B]It’s not that hard to understand.[/B]

You keep acting as if these are things you’re being forced to buy and they aren’t. Games aren’t food and water. You don’t [B]have[/B] to buy anything to do with them if you don’t want to. If it turns out the 8th tomb isn’t free and that you personally have a problem with that, then don’t buy it. There’s nothing to get angry about. You think you’ve spent enough money on the game, then don’t spend anymore money on it.

Its really that simple. So you’ve made your point. If it’s not free, you won’t get it. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with ms. sora on this.

I've never seen consumers as entitled as current day gamers in my life. "I paid 60 dollars for your game therefore I own you, your future and your first born". like nope.

AshesBorn 06-09-19 10:49

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8128999]And you received the content you paid for.

[B]It’s not that hard to understand.[/B][/QUOTE]

This!
The Season Pass included [B]7[/B] tombs, outfits, weapons, and skills - that's what it was advertised and sold as. Acting like the dev/publisher owes you free content because you paid for the season pass, although you already received everything that was included in it, is quite strange to say the least. :confused:

If DLC8 ends up having a price tag on it (& if it ever comes out lol), and you're unhappy with that, there's a very simple solution - don't buy it.

cephasjames 06-09-19 11:14

[QUOTE=Robwood;8128976]I did with the next sentence.[/QUOTE]
All you're saying is that if anything is planned in advance of making the game then it [U]must[/U] be put in the main game. Period. Even if the thing planned is additional content that by design is supposed to be additional content, not main content. DLC either must not exist or it must only be designed and created after the main game is complete and released. Doing it any other way is bad business and is screwing the customer. That's your view on all DLC according to your plate theory.

That is an opinion to have, but its one based on the conspiracy that all gaming companies are out to screw the customer, not on smart business practices.

Part of the idea behind dlcs is to get people to keep playing a game long after initial release despite there being are a lot of games out there vying for attention. There's a window for keeping people's attention. Wait too long and that window closes. Because of that window, dlc need to be released in a timely manner. With games like Shadow, good quality additional content cannot no be produced from the ground up in the timeframe of that window. It needs to be planned in advance and worked on in advance so that it can be released in that window. Planning and working on content before the main game is released does not mean that it must be part of the main game. It simply means that, just like the main game, it was planned and worked on long before its release in order to make a good product. The difference between the main game and dlc being their release dates.

Now, I'm perfectly fine with discussing how big that window is. Is it a month? Two? Six? A year? I think it all depends on the content and the game. Shadow probably did not need to have dlc come out only a month after release, but as they were planning on releasing something for seven months straight it made sense to attempt a one-month release. Btw, in order to release those in that timeframe they each needed to be varying degrees of finished before the main game went gold.

There are only two solutions to your plate theory concerning dlc. 1) No dlc. Ever. (Which, btw, did you buy Shadow's dlc? Seems like if you did you'd be supporting their nefarious practices). Or 2) DLC must only come into concept and creation after the main game is released, meaning, for a game like Shadow, the dlc will either be small or it will come a year+ after the initial release of the main game at which point the game's window may have already closed.

Your plate theory only holds up for games where it has been proven that content has been cut from the game (which is different than planning in advance) and then sold as dlc. It's mere conspiracy to think that what all dlc is.

tomee 06-09-19 11:14

You know what, I hope they release it outside the season pass. Especially if it's some really enjoyable content. I'm trying to see something. Take all my money Square daddy.:princess:

suli 06-09-19 11:17

[QUOTE=tomee;8129034]You know what, I hope they release it outside the season pass. Especially if it's some really enjoyable content. I'm trying to see something. Take all my money Square daddy.:princess:[/QUOTE]

hashtag same

TR1249 06-09-19 11:19

Everyone who said that they won't buy it, will still buy it. They just won't admit it