www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Alan Wake (Series) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=188837)

Carbonek_0051 10-02-12 11:00

Alan Wake (Series)

Stephen King once wrote that “Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear.” In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?" But there can be no explanation, and there shouldn’t be one. The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end.

Quote:

Alan Wake is a story-driven action game in the psychological thriller genre, developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Game Studios, released for the Xbox 360 video game console in 2010 and to be released for Microsoft Windows in 2012. The plot follows bestselling thriller novel writer Alan Wake, as he uncovers the mystery behind his wife's disappearance while both are on vacation in the small town of Bright Falls in the U.S. state of Washington, where he experiences blackouts and visions of characters and ideas from his latest novel, which he cannot remember writing, coming to life. Darkness plays a significant role in the game, and the core combat gameplay of Alan Wake consists of "fighting with light".

Quote:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is an upcoming story-driven action-horror video game, being developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Studios. The game is a downloadable follow up to its predecessor, Alan Wake, but is not a sequel. The game will be an Xbox Live Arcade title and is due to be released February 22, 2012.

Alan Wake seems to be stuck in Arizona. Even worse, he seems to be inside one of his Night Springs episodes he wrote earlier in life when writing for the show. Whilst he uncovers a mystery of his own, he is caught between a battle of light and dark, whilst he reflects on the borderline of reality and fiction.

According to the trailer, which premiered at the Spike Video Game Awards on December 10, 2011, Alan seems to be hunting down Mr. Scratch, his doppelganger from the Dark Place first seen in the first Alan Wake game.

Quote:

A promotional live-action tie-in web series/miniseries titled Bright Falls was made available a few weeks before the game's release on the web and the Xbox Live service. The six episodes of Bright Falls were co-written and directed by Phillip Van, and they serve as a prequel to the game, set in the titular town before Alan Wake arrives there. The main character in the series is Jake Fischer (played by Christopher Forsyth), a newspaper reporter who visits the town on business.
I figured I would make this thread seeing as Alan Wake is to be released on PC soon and then Alan Wake's American Nightmare is also nearing it's release date. I adore the first game and feel like it's completely underrated. I really can't wait for American Nightmare, I can't wait to see how they pull off the style of this new side game. Hopefully a second game will be announced soon. :D

ajrich17901 10-02-12 11:23

Nice to see a thread for the series finally, cannot wait until thursday to play the PC Version. I thought it looked good for 360 but the PC versions has blown me away *_* bout time we get a properly transferred game.

Little comparison I found,

http://www.gamepur.com/files/imagepi...son-teaser.jpg

Carbonek_0051 10-02-12 11:27

I don't recall the 360 version ever being that blurry. The game was actually very clear. :p

I really need to go through and replay it, I am really curious to see the story for American Nightmare. I know they are saying it's not continuing the storyline, but it has Mr. Scratch so it HAS to be connected in someway.

ajrich17901 10-02-12 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 5967618)
I don't recall the 360 version ever being that blurry. The game was actually very clear. :p

I really need to go through and replay it, I am really curious to see the story for American Nightmare. I know they are saying it's not continuing the storyline, but it has Mr. Scratch so it HAS to be connected in someway.

Lol I was thinking the same after I posted it, but its been awhile since I played the 360 version. Has American Nightmare been announced for PC yet or is it 360 only?

Carbonek_0051 10-02-12 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajrich17901 (Post 5967621)
Lol I was thinking the same after I posted it, but its been awhile since I played the 360 version. Has American Nightmare been announced for PC yet or is it 360 only?

As far as I know it's only 360 for now. But seeing as the first game was sooner or later released on PC, I have a feeling they will do the same for American Nightmare. :p

ajrich17901 10-02-12 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 5967622)
As far as I know it's only 360 for now. But seeing as the first game was sooner or later released on PC, I have a feeling they will do the same for American Nightmare. :p

I'm hoping so, I decided to stick to PC gaming until the next generation. This waiting game for the PC version is a killer.

Carbonek_0051 10-02-12 11:40

Did you play the DLC at all? :D

Spong 10-02-12 11:44

I've still got all six episodes of Bright Falls on my Xbox :tmb::D

Carbonek_0051 10-02-12 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 5967639)
I've still got all six episodes of Bright Falls on my Xbox :tmb::D

As do I, I thought the mini-series was brilliant. I wish they would do more or even do a full on show. :D

ajrich17901 10-02-12 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 5967635)
Did you play the DLC at all? :D

Nah not yet, so that's gonna be an even bigger treat next month to get it with the main game.:D