www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

johnanonymouz 14-06-18 17:02

In the video 'NVIDIA Ansel Comes to Shadow of the Tomb Raider' on youtube there is so much positivity about the game in the comments! it makes me so happy!

Grizzly Bear 14-06-18 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7906699)
I get more Underworld vibes from Shadow surprisingly. Probably due to the setting of the game being in Southern Mexico.

Yes, the jungle reminds me of 'The Unnamed Days' level and the tomb reminds me of the 'Xibalba' level! So many memories:) (I really like those levels, despite the buggy controls).

AntRaidsTombs 14-06-18 17:39

Did anybody ask about them restocking the ďCollectors EditionsĒ for Shadow? Or have they already done it?

tomblover 14-06-18 20:24

By the way, did anyone else pick up on the fact we'll be learning "ancient dialects" in Shadow? There's a tutorial blurb about this, as Lara runs past a statue/mural in the GameSpot demo.

I wonder if this will play into Lara's ability to communicate with the inhabitants of Paititi? It's an excellent way to move on from reading monoliths for resource caches, if that's what they're intending to do.

EDIT: And since there's apparently gonna be an "immersion mode" where all dialogue is in the native tongue, are we gonna hear Lara speak in these? Probably not, but it'd be really ****ing cool... :pi:

kathrynnn 14-06-18 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblover (Post 7907073)
EDIT: And since there's apparently gonna be an "immersion mode" where all dialogue is in the native tongue, are we gonna hear Lara speak in these? Probably not, but it'd be really ****ing cool... :pi:

I can't properly remember if I did read that Lara would speak in their language, or whether I just saw someone else post about how it would be cool-There's been too much info the past few days to remember properly, but I hope this is a thing because it would seriously be cool to hear Lara speaking in their language.

Rai 14-06-18 20:30

As far as I can remember, Rich said that the locals will talk in Spanish or their own language, but Lara will still speak in English, we just have to assume she's also speaking in the native language.

tomblover 14-06-18 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7907081)
As far as I can remember, Rich said that the locals will talk in Spanish or their own language, but Lara will still speak in English, we just have to assume she's also speaking in the native language.

That's fair, I can suspend my disbelief accordingly...

I just wouldn't like it if they were speaking in their own language until Lara interacted with them, at which point they would respond to her in English. :vlol:

iWANEX 14-06-18 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7907081)

Iíll play the Spanish dubbed version so itís going to be interesting to see how they manage that aspect.

Mickybyrne20 14-06-18 20:39

Does anybody else feel dissatisfied with what we've been shown? I can't help feeling like we didn't get enough out of E3.

Oh well. We'll have to wait until the women vs wild series thing they're doing again.

Grimaldi 14-06-18 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7907101)
Does anybody else feel dissatisfied with what we've been shown? I can't help feeling like we didn't get enough out of E3.

Yeah, itís not just you. I donít feel like we were properly introduced to the game at all. The interviews painted a really nice picture, but the gameplay didnít live up to expectations.