www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Princess_Paige 03-08-18 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7941444)
^ I hope it will make classic-only fans a little happy.

Well Survivor Reborn tweeted that they’ really excited for Shadow and they hate the reboot. They went to the NDA event as well and now they’re hyped lol

Side note: Just saw the newest 30 sec teaser on the PlayStation YT channel and was totally shook by how many positive comments are there. I literally couldn’t even find a negative one

Lukass 03-08-18 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7941443)
I read somewhere the other day in an interview with one of the developers? (I can’t remember) that they deliberately have taken inspiration from the classic games. Daniel mentioned this too. It definitely shows, everything they’ve shown is giving me MAJOR classic TR vibes.

I am pleased I'm not alone, so other people see/feel it too. I am getting very strong TR3 vibe.

2001LC20 03-08-18 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7941446)
^ I think that it can appeal to at least some, especially if they are open-minded and don't have the auto "Meeeh. ReBoOt GaMe. TrAsH"

Some will which is good but if one didn't like the last two entirely then there is no hope imo.

Vaskito 03-08-18 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7941448)
Well Survivor Reborn tweeted that they’ really excited for Shadow and they hate the reboot. They went to the NDA event as well and now they’re hyped lol

Side note: Just saw the newest 30 sec teaser on the PlayStation YT channel and was totally shook by how many positive comments are there. I literally couldn’t even find a negative one

I just find ironic they call themselves SR, which is a name based on the Reboot games. Go figure

I went to the PS video as well yesterday (and it had more views than the oficial TR channel - IDK if that's still the case), and yea mostly were positive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7941449)
I am pleased I'm not alone, so other people see/feel it too. I am getting very strong TR3 vibe.

I do REALLY believe there's a parallel there, and I'm so happy because TR III is my favorite classic game

2001LC20 03-08-18 08:53

More tombs and deadlier(like it should be) no white paint apparently a more mature Lara(because no one asked for an inexperienced Lara) and a colorful world are seemingly making classic fans more excited! Things will change for better with Shadow. :)
Not dramatically tHough

Btw Survivor Reborn is a TERRRRRIBLE name! Dude who even tought that was a good idea! Ughh

Vaskito 03-08-18 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7941452)

I do REALLY believe there's a parallel there, and I'm so happy because TR III is my favorite classic game

I just want to emphasize on this, because to me, Tomb Raider III is the classic game that's really close to perfection. It's the classic game I hold most dearly

jajay119 03-08-18 09:17

TR3 is the game where it all started to go downhill for the classics though. I’m hoping shadow is the TR4 to the reboot era in terms of progression personally.

Leon2703 03-08-18 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7941448)

I was surprised as well. Hopefully that means people are finally getting excited for the game. Although, the video does not have as many views as the Paititi one for example. But overall, I am seeing more positivity everywhere :D

Emix 03-08-18 10:23

I can speak for myself only but nothing really hyped me like last two short videos! "A Stunning World" and "Deadly Tombs".

That's what i wanted to see! That's what i want from TR game!

And i am pretty sure that's what GP and casual fans are also excited about. Not shoting and brutal kills.

FanosCroft 03-08-18 10:31

ROTTR 2.0 is coming so they can keep it