www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

AntRaidsTombs 04-08-18 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblover (Post 7942405)
My thing about the muddy hair is -- if they're gonna make mud weigh her hair down, why doesn't water do the same?

I love the muddy hair. The mud is showing how unhinged Lara is actually, how she just doesnít care and she covers herself in the mud and takes her hair to mask her eyes so it can make the enemies fear her even more. It will catch them even more off guard, imagine you see something like that pop up in your face. The water does the same thing, in Rise when Laraís hair got wet it was weight down and her flips in her mullet were gone and it looked more like her hair in the announcement trailer.

iWANEX 04-08-18 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 7942387)
Oh, alright! I got you.
Well, as I've said in the past I don't consider it a deal breaker at all. It's just really weird seeing people lately turning blind eyes left and right.
It's so weird to me because anything that falls short is kinda being pushed under the rag and being covered up with something else that was done correctly.

It may seem like people are turning blind eyes but I see it as a way of being as much positive as they can (which is a good thing imo), specially after being fed up with constant negativity that surrounds this game and that certain members are very vocal about every single day of the week. If itís not about her hair, itís her nipples, or that CD hates Classic TR, or downgraded graphics, or the marketing campaign, or the fact that TR copies Uncharted, or the RPG elements, or that itís Rise 2.0 and so on. I understand some criticisms are legitimate and I agree with some of them but thereís a difference between complaining about certain things because you are actually worried about the game and want it to do well, and just being antagonistic for the sake of it in a way that NOTHING is right about the game for you. That mindset is something I donít appreciate in any aspects of my life and so I donít think it adds anything valuable to the discussion.

I understand where you are coming from and it seems like youíre worried about the hair and you like what youíve seen of Shadow. I was just trying to explain that not everyone will make a big deal out of it. Something that sometimes happens to me too and itís super frustrating lol.

AntRaidsTombs 04-08-18 23:33

I donít even think the graphics have been downgraded. We are just seeing different builds, heck even Rai and Mel said the game looks better than Rise. Iím sure when we get the game it will look amazing!!!

zelenick 04-08-18 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7942410)
I donít even think the graphics have been downgraded. We are just seeing different builds, heck even Rai and Mel said the game looks better than Rise. Iím sure when we get the game it will look amazing!!!

Same! I mean just look at the woman masters wild series. The game looks so stunning there

SpyrosMonster 04-08-18 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7942408)
It may seem like people are turning blind eyes but I see it as a way of being as much positive as they can (which is a good thing imo), specially after being fed up with constant negativity that surrounds this game and that certain members are very vocal about every single day of the week. If it’s not about her hair, it’s her nipples, or that CD hates Classic TR, or downgraded graphics, or the marketing campaign, or the fact that TR copies Uncharted, or the RPG elements, or that it’s Rise 2.0 and so on. I understand some criticisms are legitimate and I agree with some of them but there’s a difference between complaining about certain things because you are actually worried about the game and want it to do well, and just being antagonistic for the sake of it in a way that NOTHING is right about the game for you. That mindset is something I don’t appreciate in any aspects of my life and so I don’t think it adds anything valuable to the discussion.

I understand where you are coming from and it seems like you’re worried about the hair and you like what you’ve seen of Shadow. I was just trying to explain that not everyone will make a big deal out of it. Something that sometimes happens to me too and it’s super frustrating lol.

I totally agree with all of this. You couldn't have worded it any better. The game gets dragged all the time for utterly stupid and unnecessary things. But that shouldn't affect those who have legit arguments and are willing/able to have a conversation about those things. I want people replying with their points and opinions on something. Instead I'm mostly ending up with passive aggressive comments and unnecessary comparisons between the reboot and the classic games when that's not even the point.

Some people like the RPG elements, some don't. (That was just an example) There's no reason to change their mind, especially with cheap reboot vs classics arguments. That's just throwing more fuel to the fire. I just think some users need to let it go and let people be. Users defending the game to death will not achieve anything. That's SE/CD/EM's job with their actual game and/or promotional campaign.

I'm not that much worried about the hair as much as I am frustrated with the game as a whole and how they aren't really able to make it a solid competition to other games. You (by you I mean users in general) see hair and other stupid complaints, I see lots of small factors that take away from an overall good score for the game. (Again, the ones that are actually making sense. Not Lara's nipples not being visible when she's wet.) We, fans might not care about that stuff but gamers out there notice those things. Especially when they are used to breathtaking graphics and plots from other games.

NoahCrofRaider 04-08-18 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7942410)

Me three! The colors alone make the game look graphically better than Rise imo.

Princess_Paige 05-08-18 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7942416)
Me three! The colors alone make the game look graphically better than Rise imo.

The lighting is also really realistic.

WWETombRaider 05-08-18 00:10

The muddy hair makes Lara look like someone dumped a jar of Nutella on her head. :p Is the muddy hair going to be a part of a section in the game or is she gonna be like that throughout the game though? :ponder:

Jaffa_Cakes 05-08-18 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7942419)
The muddy hair makes Lara look like someone dumped a jar of Nutella on her head. :p Is the muddy hair going to be a part of a section in the game or is she gonna be like that throughout the game though? :ponder:

Her hair is like that only when you go on stealth mode :p

WWETombRaider 05-08-18 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaffa_Cakes (Post 7942420)
Her hair is like that only when you go on stealth mode :p

Interesting. :p So getting out of stealth mode reverts her hair back to the ponytail?