www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Rai 28-06-19 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by xspacedude (Post 8104988)
There’s a mural in the Temple of the Sun Tomb talking about the colors and coordinates like Amaru’s cipher wheel in The Price of Survival. In the same tomb there’s also a mural telling the story of the Monkey Twins. No big deal, just wanted to share this small detail bc I love it :cln:

Ooh, that's actually pretty interesting. I'm gonna have to do that tomb just to read them.

MissJodieG 28-06-19 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8105035)
Aren't you supposed to jump and throw the grapple mid air at that wall over there?
(I only did this tomb once, so my memory is foggy)

Edit:

https://youtu.be/Fs5zqxJgThM?t=2194

I remember having the same problem as Charmed on my playthrough but I‘m not sure if it was my own fault or if it really was glitchy.

Vaskito 28-06-19 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 8105038)
I remember having the same problem as Charmed on my playthrough but I‘m not sure if it was my own fault or if it really was glitchy.

But what happens? The grapple doesn't attach?

Do you jump like the guy in that link?

The jump > throw grapple can't be done instantly after the jump. You should only throw the grapple after Lara is midair for a second or so

MissJodieG 28-06-19 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8105040)
But what happens? The grapple doesn't attach?

Do you jump like the guy in that link?

The jump > throw grapple can't be done instantly after the jump. You should only throw the grapple after Lara is midair for a second or so

I really can‘t remember. All I know is that it worked somehow after a few tries. I‘m not sure if I did something differently on my last try.

EDIT: Sadly, I can‘t watch the video you‘re referring to at the moment. :(

killchan 28-06-19 14:54

the camera.
of course there's a timing window, but you need to point the camera to where you want the axe to go.

Yuna´s Wish 28-06-19 16:57

The latest piece of fan art Friday is cute :)

charmedangelin 28-06-19 17:46

Yeah DLC 6 is bugged to hell. I managed to finally get over there but then die at the stupid combat section because the floor suddenly collapsed. Then I get back to the combat section and kill everyone and Lara says "it's time to move" but when I get on the zip line she falls off because there is still one person alive somewhere that I can't see. I died 3 ****en times there.

DLC 6 is absolutely **** on DO. I hate DO, it's such a stupid ass difficulty thing that is not at all what it should be.

I've replayed through DLC6 more times then I can ever remember. I never had this much trouble before. Something is bugged to hell in this DLC.

I mean honestly, they put no ****en checkpoint for the stupid combat section. Now Lara won't grab that ledge again with the axes.

I mean did they honestly test this tomb on DO because it is buggy as hell.

Yuna´s Wish 28-06-19 18:11

^ I also died a couple of times on that fight:
1) When attempting to cross sides while soldiers were alive;
2) When the floor on the right part collapsed.

Those were my only deaths in my first playthrough and I had to restart the whole tomb again D:

But it's such a nice tomb that I didn't mind :p And the fight is fun in the end!

Lyle Croft 28-06-19 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8105149)
Yeah DLC 6 is bugged to hell. I managed to finally get over there but then die at the stupid combat section because the floor suddenly collapsed. Then I get back to the combat section and kill everyone and Lara says "it's time to move" but when I get on the zip line she falls off because there is still one person alive somewhere that I can't see. I died 3 ****en times there.

DLC 6 is absolutely **** on DO. I hate DO, it's such a stupid ass difficulty thing that is not at all what it should be.

I've replayed through DLC6 more times then I can ever remember. I never had this much trouble before. Something is bugged to hell in this DLC.

I mean honestly, they put no ****en checkpoint for the stupid combat section. Now Lara won't grab that ledge again with the axes.

I mean did they honestly test this tomb on DO because it is buggy as hell.

Yeah DO is the worst. I found Rise's Hardest mode easier, it had decent checkpoints, basecamps littered throughouth so i can SAVE properly (some combat areas were awful, but not as bad as shadow which could take me 30x to beat). And I didn't really find that many glitches with the axes in Rise.

In Shadow, i swear Lara could be at the border of one rock wall.....but she can't move since there's obviously an indivisible wall/border stopping Lara. You can't jump to rappel up or Lara will fall to her death...thus restarting a whole segment. :/

laracroftswest 28-06-19 19:15

Question for you guys. I'm considering purchasing Shadow's Croft Edition for the PC to take advantage of the sale, but a little confused by the pricing.

https://i.imgur.com/Q6Nm4n3.png

Why is the original price $109? Shouldn't it be $90 since the Croft edition includes everything the deluxe edition does? Maybe I'm missing something :ponder: