Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

noonbob 23-11-19 17:07

[QUOTE=SrDanielPonces;8154377]Thank you, my love! This means a lot! :hug:
I want to do more levels with a similar layout (thankfully anything else but a ship level) in the future, though I am not intending to release them so often, since it requires a lot of free time and patience to deliver such quality :)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]Yes! Glad to hear it :) Of course it does and I truly appreciate the quality. Fingers crossed for this competition ;)

The main menu sequences are too beautiful.[/SIZE][/FONT]

dcw123 24-11-19 20:46

Just finished Puna's Revenge after like a playtime of nearly 3 hours LOL

Loved it for the most part, and I was blown away by the Tomb Editor effects like moving rooms (TR1 atlantis vibes) and trees swaying..
Some .. unique.. design choices here and there kind of made me mark it down though which was a real shame, as the rest of the level was stunning - a true tribute to TR3 and I liked seeing the level in a darker setting.

Onto Sleeping With The Fishes next - I love underwater levels SO much ^^)

I went old school and scribbled notes pros and cons for every level so far in a big pad of paper - then going to condense all that down into final scores..
Not sure how to review - I don't wanna post a massive review on 17 levels - so maybe I'll just make a list from #1 to #17 and then only post a mini review on the Top 5?

EDIT: Made a funny observation today..
I noticed SirDanielPonces, LoreRaider and TombRaiderxii all beta tested each others levels.. and get this..
all 3 levels have an Aqualung which Lara can use underwater! heheh
I love underwater levels - so it was a breath of fresh air (pun intended) to be able to swim around at leisure without the panic of constantly finding air pockets (even though sometimes thats part of the fun/challenge in TR)

Oh jeez.. all these levels are top notch - its gonna be hard to try and whittle it down to first place but love to you all <3

A while back I made a YT gaming channel and I never even really put anything up because of insanely long editing time and uploading took me forever..
Really wish I'd recorded some of these levels as I played them and uploaded them.... oh well hehe
Issue is, I got stuck a LOT and would have been playing ''blind'' as they call it.. whereas other YTers like steven35175 and DoggettTV obviously recorded their 2nd runs and knew what to do already.
If anyone wants to watch the C.A.C walkthroughs or level - I'd highly recommend these two :)

Tulilintu 26-11-19 19:33

The download links for Puna's Revenge and Hostile Waters won't work. :hea: I've tried from trle.net with different browsers. [url]https://dl.tombraiderchronicles.com/trle/[/url] lets me download, but there's only two of three files in the folder. Any idea what causes this? My anti-virus software don't seem to hold any quarantined files.

Could someone send me the packed files through SendSpace or something? :hug:

/edit
Finally managed to download Puna's Revenge, but still can't get Hostile Waters to work. :(

SrDanielPonces 26-11-19 23:41

[QUOTE=Tulilintu;8155165]The download links for Puna's Revenge and Hostile Waters won't work. :hea: I've tried from trle.net with different browsers. [url]https://dl.tombraiderchronicles.com/trle/[/url] lets me download, but there's only two of three files in the folder. Any idea what causes this? My anti-virus software don't seem to hold any quarantined files.

Could someone send me the packed files through SendSpace or something? :hug:

/edit
Finally managed to download Puna's Revenge, but still can't get Hostile Waters to work. :([/QUOTE]

Hi, maybe this will work?
[url]https://www.mediafire.com/file/ovdceoqs4mjowfy/SrDanielPonces-Hostile_Waters.zip/file[/url]

This is the link I gave to Agent, who gave to Michael so he could upload to trle.net

LOTRKingluis 29-11-19 18:48

[QUOTE=CroftManiac05;8152013]Just finished [B] Chronicles Memories - All Roads lead to Rome[/B] by [B]LOTRkingluis[/B]

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/NGZ5Y5Fs/ld867cj.png[/IMG]

I loved every minute of the urban exploration. The level design and texturing is very solid and the atmosphere is reminiscent of TR5 Rome. I liked how well the original cutscenes with Larson and Pierre are blended here. Good job! :tmb:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CheshireBitch;8154315]Just finished four more levels:

[B]All roads lead to Rome - LOTRKingLuis[/B]
Same type of level as me !! So it was very interesting to play this one in particular ! It was a very good level, it felt huge with many rooms and many things to do. At some point I lost track of what I was supposed to do and got some help from the walkthrough. I really loved the cutscenes, and my favorite part is the ending ! Humour is always a nice touch in Tomb Raider. Only found two secrets ! If I'm not mistaking you said a few days ago that you wanted to make more of this ? Can't wait to see your version of the russian and VCI levels ![/QUOTE]

thank you both! I'm happy that you enjoyed the level :jmp:

CheshireBitch 01-12-19 12:56

I just finished [B]Sleeping with the fishes by Tombraiderxii[/B]
It took me 2 hours ! It was great, I loved play a new version of this level, it was big and beautiful. Some kind of upgraded classic ! Sometimes it was very hard, I'm thinking of the timed runs, especially the first one, it's so so tight (at least it was for me) I almost gave up on it. But timed runs are hard to estimate because very trained people are impressive at this and other people have hard time doing it. I almost asked for a savegame lol. The other one with the trapdoor underwater was very hard too.

Other than that difficulty was very well balanced in my opinion and I loved how everything is interconnected with windows and stuff, especially the one you can climb on and see items you need on the other side, really cool !

I didn't found a single secret haha.

Great level ! :hug:

dcw123 02-12-19 12:17

Playing Monastery of the Talion and I gotta say.. I enjoyed this level a LOT.
Water and snow levels are my fave

One thing though - maybe I'm missing something..
I've shot 2 gems in the Lion statues mouths so far.. do these do anything?

I have 3 masks so far and think I'm nearing the end

Craig Michaels 02-12-19 12:21

[QUOTE=dcw123;8156366]Playing Monastery of the Talion and I gotta say.. I enjoyed this level a LOT.
Water and snow levels are my fave

One thing though - maybe I'm missing something..
I've shot 2 gems in the Lion statues mouths so far.. do these do anything?

I have 3 masks so far and think I'm nearing the end[/QUOTE]

Have you entered the second level (entrance involves an underwater swim)?

dcw123 02-12-19 12:30

[QUOTE=Craig Michaels;8156367]Have you entered the second level (entrance involves an underwater swim)?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did all of the 2nd level - I noticed the 2nd Lion gem on the return to the first level (once Lara has the ice gem for the door at the top of the Main Hall.

If there was only 2 lion statues.. why wasn't a camera or something showing what activated across the map - or in another 'level'
How are players supposed to know these super secret paths have opened.. hmm
Finished the level regardless 5/6 secrets found.

EDIT: Playing The Base by Dinne..
My god the combat is hard work LOL - I appreciate trying to make the combat harder but I find the overemphasis on combat a negative here..
Combat has never been TRs strongpoint - the level itself is amazing and deserving on a high score regardless..
I mean.. I'm up for a challenge but with hardly any weapons or medipacks so far (I found ammo) I got so far and died.. need to retry.
I'm loving the TRC feel and some cool platforming ideas so far..
I reached a much bigger warehouse with the crane and lots of locked doors, I have the key but it doesn't open these like in TR5

Tulilintu 02-12-19 22:33

[QUOTE=SrDanielPonces;8155224]Hi, maybe this will work?
[url]https://www.mediafire.com/file/ovdceoqs4mjowfy/SrDanielPonces-Hostile_Waters.zip/file[/url][/QUOTE]

Finally managed to get it working and spent fantastic 3,5 hours with the level. Thank you, it was a really amazing adventure. :hug: I especially liked the ending and all those brutal new deaths (:D). I also loved all the new animated moves like where she climbs the tube in the beginning. There was a 100 % Maria Doria atmosphere in the level, you've really outdone yourself, SrDaniel. :)