www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

RAID 26-02-07 17:26

Question about 12.

Since you don't get money for killing wild beasts, should I sell the junk they drop, or do I need that in the future for something like FF9's synthesis?

Rivendell 26-02-07 17:33

Good question Raid.. So far I've been selling all my loot for lots of lovely gil, which opens the 'Bazarre' option in the shops and gives you rare items.

I'm stuck at the moment, trying to squash all those energy drinking bugs whilst escaping a dungeon. Too strong those things are! And too many little accomplices working along side them.. :pi:

MiCkiZ88 26-02-07 17:34

Hmm.. I've been planning to buy FFXII for a while.. but not really sure wrether I should buy it.. Well so far I've loved every game from ffvii to X.. X-2 was bearable in some parts. Wich of those does the game reseable the most? Good and bad parts? Weaponry upgradable or just default? Summons?

hmm.. It's 59 euros.. Im having trouble deciding here :pi:

RAID 26-02-07 17:37

I'd get it Micki. It's worth it. If you liked FF9, you'll love this one. :D

Rivendell 26-02-07 17:39

For me so far I'm reminded of FF9, with bits of FF8 and FF10 mashed into it.
Good parts - it's fun!
Bad parts - I'm finding it really bloody hard at the moment!
I've just been buying weapons so far, don't know about upgrades.
Yep there's summons, not got any yet!

ben_the_joka 26-02-07 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1607888)
For me so far I'm reminded of FF9, with bits of FF8 and FF10 mashed into it.
Good parts - it's fun!
Bad parts - I'm finding it really bloody hard at the moment!
I've just been buying weapons so far, don't know about upgrades.
Yep there's summons, not got any yet!

hey rivendell,

i agree this game is extremely hard... wait til you get on this ship called the leviathon, damn thats hard!

I want a summon! ive been waiting too long for one...

by the way can enyone explain to me what quickenings are??? i havent got any yet and ive seen clips of them on the net and it says they do massive damage in the book and by what ive seen they dont? so whats the purpose? do they literally make it quicker??? :s

Trigger_happy 26-02-07 18:24

Hi all!

Im not entirely new to final fantasy (i own FFX-2 and ive played a bit of FFVIII) and i was wondering if i should get this game? I like the idea of technolgy mixed with magic, and was wondering if anyone could use guns etc?

Cheers.

ben_the_joka 26-02-07 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigger_happy (Post 1608052)
Hi all!

Im not entirely new to final fantasy (i own FFX-2 and ive played a bit of FFVIII) and i was wondering if i should get this game? I like the idea of technolgy mixed with magic, and was wondering if anyone could use guns etc?

Cheers.

Yes you should get it, as far as the FF series is concerned this game is revolutionary. Anyone can use any weopen providing they have a license for it (they are easy to aquire). Plus theres no more turn based battle system, the game is now (what i call) real-time. It's excellent and challenging!

In addition, FFVIII is my fave FF. You should play more of it!

TR FAN 18 26-02-07 18:59

YES! :tmb: Definitely get it. I've been playing for 29 hours and I am really enjoying it. It's longer than FFX. The areas are HUGE!

Thorir 26-02-07 19:18

I´m just about to fight my second Esper (summon), and have stolen a weapon that is almost twice as strong as all the other weapons available to buy, so killing normal monsters aren´t that difficult now. :D

The best tip I can give anyone is: LEVEL UP! Killing all enemies in sight isn´t enough, you have to spend hours and hours to level up!