www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

fondantcookie 13-01-17 20:49

Yunas wish covered it.

Cannot wait for zodiac age. Ff12 is the only ff I completed once only. Every other ff I completed to death over and over.

In other news. Have platinumed ff15. Plus every quest, every hunt, every recipe. I now just have 15 fish to catch. Haha. Superb game :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish 13-01-17 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by fondantcookie (Post 7701195)
In other news. Have platinumed ff15. Plus every quest, every hunt, every recipe. I now just have 15 fish to catch. Haha. Superb game :tmb:

Congrats!!! :D

The trophy that gave me the Platinum had me maxing out Ignis' cooking skills :p And my last quest was one of Cid's weapon upgrades. Which were yours?

I didn't bother with the recipes or the fishes. Those I can live without -.-

Did you enjoy Costlemark's extra dungeon? I so ****ing hate Coeurls. With a burning passion. And 4 fraking Giants. 4...

suli 14-01-17 06:16

Thanks for your answers guys. I admire how they try to come up with different systems in each game.

suli 14-01-17 22:02

the leviathan boss fight is absolutely ridiculous. that bitch. oh it got me mad.

fondantcookie 16-01-17 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 7701221)
Congrats!!! :D

The trophy that gave me the Platinum had me maxing out Ignis' cooking skills :p And my last quest was one of Cid's weapon upgrades. Which were yours?

I didn't bother with the recipes or the fishes. Those I can live without -.-

Did you enjoy Costlemark's extra dungeon? I so ****ing hate Coeurls. With a burning passion. And 4 fraking Giants. 4...

Killing the adamantoise was the one that gave me the Platinum.

Last quest was the menace lies beneath costlmark. Though saying that I've just been fishing in Altissa and came across a quest to go and see a wedding dress...haha

I was quite prepared for the Costlemark extra dungeon. I had enough for several stat- boosting meals and had a lot of Heal-casts at the ready. At that point I'd completed all of the Legendary weapons quests so used those (rather than the Royal arms). I was level 99 at that point too so wasn't too hung up on EXP, so I just made sure I saved at every camp.

Really looking forward to the DLC for this and any updates!

In other news I have 15 fish left to catch. Some of them are bloody massive and causing a lot of grief :(

Yuna´s Wish 16-01-17 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by suli (Post 7701571)
the leviathan boss fight is absolutely ridiculous. that bitch. oh it got me mad.

But she's SO beautiful you just HAVE TO forgive her :p

I've been a FF fan for quite a few years now, but it wasn't until 2016 that I knew Leviathan was female. Either I never paid attention, or it wasn't revealed until last year (when both, World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy XV portrayed her as a female).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fondantcookie (Post 7702158)
Killing the adamantoise was the one that gave me the Platinum.

Last quest was the menace lies beneath costlmark. Though saying that I've just been fishing in Altissa and came across a quest to go and see a wedding dress...haha

I was quite prepared for [color=white] the Costlemark extra dungeon. I had enough for several stat- boosting meals and had a lot of Heal-casts at the ready. At that point I'd completed all of the Legendary weapons quests so used those (rather than the Royal arms). I was level 99 at that point too so wasn't too hung up on EXP, so I just made sure I saved at every camp[color=white].

Really looking forward to the DLC for this and any updates!

In other news I have 15 fish left to catch. Some of them are bloody massive and causing a lot of grief :(

It sounds like you didn't have as many difficulties as me then :O Truly, the coeurls and the giants were a pain in the ass for me!

I also look forward to the tweaks and DLC...but they're taking too long! D:

Hyper_Crazy 16-01-17 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 7702373)
But she's SO beautiful you just HAVE TO forgive her :p

I've been a FF fan for quite a few years now, but it wasn't until 2016 that I knew Leviathan was female. Either I never paid attention, or it wasn't revealed until last year (when both, World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy XV portrayed her as a female).

Hey, Leviathan is the KING of Eidolons in FFIV. :p

Yuna´s Wish 16-01-17 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 7702385)
Hey, Leviathan is the KING of Eidolons in FFIV. :p

:eek:

Could he/she have changed genders? :P

Maybe Leviathan's gender situation is the same as Quina's (?)

suli 17-01-17 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 7702373)
But she's SO beautiful you just HAVE TO forgive her :p

I've been a FF fan for quite a few years now, but it wasn't until 2016 that I knew Leviathan was female. Either I never paid attention, or it wasn't revealed until last year (when both, World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy XV portrayed her as a female).

I completely agree. She is very beautiful. Actually the fight wasn't that bad once you figure it out what to do.

ooh I'm so close to finishing the main story. I don't want it to end. I'm gonna back to finish all the quests and side thingys once i'm finished with the story. I'm still discovering new things and new techniques with the battle system.

Hyper_Crazy 17-01-17 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 7702389)
:eek:

Could he/she have changed genders? :P

Maybe Leviathan's gender situation is the same as Quina's (?)

I dread to think of it like that. :p
Leviathan is my favourite Astral in XV, elegant definitely comes to mind. I love how she's pissed that some "speck" called upon her, the moody bitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suli (Post 7702458)
ooh I'm so close to finishing the main story. I don't want it to end. I'm gonna back to finish all the quests and side thingys once i'm finished with the story. I'm still discovering new things and new techniques with the battle system.

I had that feeling too. :(
I've put the game down for now and will play again when they add more features, and the Carnival next week of course. :D

The battle system become much more enjoyable (it was never not enjoyable) once I figured out how to do weapon techniques without tapping attack randomly and hoping to get the one I wanted. Greatswords became my favourite type instantly once I learned Tempest and the charged attack at will.

Also to note - you can start a combo with one weapon and swap to another and it will continue, for example to do Tempest with a Greatsword you must: press attack, wait a split second for Noctis to do a kind of fallback animation, then press attack again. However starting off a combo with a Greatsword isn't always the best idea, so what you can do is attack with any other weapon type (excluding Royal Arms I think), quickly switch to the Greatsword and attack again to do Tempest. It's probably overkill but I've always got to master a FF battle system.

Sorry for the rant :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.