www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Lord Lulu 13-05-20 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXIIXX (Post 8197046)
Trust me, the story has been altered in some very impactful ways. If you can hold out and avoid spoilers I think it will be worth it.

The ending is a bit controversial though, that's the part that's been mostly altered, some like it some hate it. So I don't wanna hype it up to much in case you end up feeling dissapointed by the ending

Thank you.

Well I will try and hold out. I doubt it could be as disappointing as the Resident Evil 3 remake.

SnatchingEdges 14-05-20 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lulu (Post 8197065)
Thank you.

Well I will try and hold out. I doubt it could be as disappointing as the Resident Evil 3 remake.

The combat in FF7R has the materia system, but it's different enough to not read strategies or anything if that makes sense :vlol:

_____

I'm replaying FFIX and GOOOOSH I love Kuja so much. He's my fav villain and I love how feminine and flawless he is, still carrying that bulge everyhwhere. His scene leaving Burmecia is one of the most badass things in the franchise

-----

So I finally got the platinum in 84 hours. As a matter of coincidence it's my 7th platinum :vlol: I'd play it again, since FFXIII I haven't played a single game this long and still don't get tired of it.

Greenapple968 22-05-20 02:17

I've been replaying the HD Remaster of Final Fantasy 10-2. Out of interest, when you explore the Bevelle Via Infinito, do you tend to avoid the Elder Drakes and Giant Tonberries or do you take them on? I try to avoid them at all costs. I know that the Catnip can help you combat them, but all it takes is a bit of misfortune and you end up getting defeated. :( Also, the amount of AP that you obtain from beating them is really not very good when you consider how tough they are. :p

SnatchingEdges 22-05-20 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenapple968 (Post 8199386)
I've been replaying the HD Remaster of Final Fantasy 10-2. Out of interest, when you explore the Bevelle Via Infinito, do you tend to avoid the Elder Drakes and Giant Tonberries or do you take them on? I try to avoid them at all costs. I know that the Catnip can help you combat them, but all it takes is a bit of misfortune and you end up getting defeated. :( Also, the amount of AP that you obtain from beating them is really not very good when you consider how tough they are. :p

I think I've never beaten them. FF10-2 has the toughest tonberries.

Greenapple968 22-05-20 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges (Post 8199405)
I think I've never beaten them. FF10-2 has the toughest tonberries.

What about Final Fantasy 10? :mis: The Tonberry's Karma Ability is a real bitch in that game. :ton:

New Dwight 23-05-20 07:24

Movement in Green

Song of peace.

RAID 26-05-20 18:35

So after completing FF8 remaster (masterpiece) and FF9 remastered (Moguri mod), I decided to give FFX another go. I hate Tidus and his voice. My god how irritating.

Then I discovered that the steam version allows you to turn off the Voices, and I gotta say, I am actually enjoying the game now without his brain damaging whining and high pitched screeching. Yuna, the spineless dick, is also awful.

The other character voices are OK for the most part but the main 2, my god, they are the worst.

Anyways, playing with the voices off, it turned out to be quite an enjoyable game. I also downloaded a mod which lets you skip cutscenes. I prefer to skip the pointless ones that were put in the game just because they were happy with the new engine and voices. The mod also allows you to switch to Japanese voices, which whil I still prefer the voices off, they sound much better than the awful English dub.

PS: Also tried FF7R on PS4. The acting is campy and I cannot stand stupid (and unfunny) characters like Wedge and the pointless dramatic closeups. But the game is fun and the battle system is great. I wish there were more battles and less cutscenes.

MiCkiZ88 27-05-20 10:54

Nearly done with 7 remake on hard play through. Definitely one of my favorite games so far! The acting is pretty damn perfect on nearly all of the characters in my opinion, but I will curse them to Eternity for actually making me like Aerith.

Just couple more trophies to go like 300% stagger and the additional chapter 17 fights. Jules pull ups took me half an hour and a lot of cursing...

Overal I'd give it a 9/10

The good:

- Story massively improved
- Characters fleshed out
- Combat is fun and a good toss between modern and old
- Voice acting
- Graphics for the most part

The bad:

- Hold triangle to pull a lever
- Obvious loading segments made super slow to walk
- Texture streaming issues even on Pro and 90s pixely jpeg bacgrounds

SnatchingEdges 27-05-20 12:56

I'm not into fanfic but I'm thinking of writing one for Queen Brahne.

killchan 27-05-20 14:32

😤