www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Rivendell 10-04-08 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysia (Post 2628087)
Although I liked Quina. I ate lots of things as Quina! :D

Haha, she had great theme music!

I just love so many things about FF9. Happy-go-lucky Zidane, shy Vivi, desperate Dagger (not desperate like that :p ), the Jesters, the mental Queen, Beatrix, Steiner's feelings for her, the Black Waltzes.. The world map is totally amazing - the chocobo games (especially the one that shows you a bit of a map, and you have to find out where it is and dig there) are great!

I can't wait to play it again!
:jmp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 2628104)
:eek:!! You make me want to waste 200€ for that game now!

Ooh it wouldn't be a waste, but get FF9 first! ( :smk: :p )

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628071)
I played FFXI for a day after buying the 'Free Months trial' for a 5.
Controls were naff, and I couldn't figure out how to do pretty much anything except run. :\

If there was a whole game of Tarutaru's though, I'd love it! :hug:

Nate, in CC:

Then I ran around doing side missions for a while. I visited the Chocobo Farm, and it made me shiver with excitement! The barn, the house, the silo, the fenced area.. the marsh!

You got to play FF7 to see why that's such a great place to see remade with good graphics! :tmb:

Hahaha I did The same they did a great job at making you like the characters in the game by far my favorite story chocobo farm? I don't remember that! where was that located?

EDIT: ok I think I know what part your talking about, I'm dumb lol

Elysia 10-04-08 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628112)
Haha, she had great theme music!

I just love so many things about FF9. Happy-go-lucky Zidane, shy Vivi, desperate Dagger (not desperate like that :p ), the Jesters, the mental Queen, Beatrix, Steiner's feelings for her, the Black Waltzes.. The world map is totally amazing - the chocobo games (especially the one that shows you a bit of a map, and you have to find out where it is and dig there) are great!

I can't wait to play it again!
:jmp:

Vivi was definitely my favourite... I get so bloody maternal over that character, it's ridiculous. Every time he goes missing and you hear him crying down the well... every time he tries to justify what he is... every time we go to the Black Mage village... it all just makes me sob like some mad, flakey, hormonal freak. I wanted to take him home and mother him! :hug:

EDIT: FFVII date tactic - annoy both Aeris and Tifa and take Barret. MUCH more amusing... :D

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628112)
Ooh it wouldn't be a waste, but get FF9 first! ( :smk: :p )

Meanie.. Now, spank me more please. I quite like it. :)

:p

How's the world in CC btw?

Seb_01225 10-04-08 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 2628132)
Meanie.. Now, spank me more please. I quite like it. :)

:p

How's the world in CC btw?

do you have a PAL playstation?
cos if you do
http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=894
mine came the day after i ordred

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb_01225 (Post 2628168)
do you have a PAL playstation?
cos if you do
http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=894
mine came the day after i ordred

Yup, we have PAL here. Though I'm gonna order FFVII from a local game site since I won't have to pay any posting costs. Takes a day or two to deliver it. Have to wait before I get a job though.

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2628126)
chocobo farm? I don't remember that! where was that located?

Mission>Midgar ... > Outskirts :tmb: I'll take a pic and upload it now.

I also did the next bit: Facing Angeal, who flew me up into Hojo's lab (and detention cells - all FF7 again :jmp:), then Genesis appeared and I had to fight Bahamut "Fury" (who is totally Bahamut Zero).

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628188)
Mission>Midgar ... > Outskirts :tmb: I'll take a pic and upload it now.

I also did the next bit:

OK: What's your opinion of Genisis so far?:cln:

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:22

Here we go - Chocobo Farm. :D Soz for the naff quality - taking pics of screens rarely looks good.

[IMG]http://i25.************/219c1oj.jpg[/IMG]

Mix - The world.. ahh, I wish. There's no world map. You're sort of based in Midgar, and anywhere outside it you have to go, you just appear there. Everywhere has large 'areas' like FF12's 'world map', you run through 'areas' separated by lines of blue dots. For example - the farm, I clicked 'start mission', and I'm outside it, in a large square of land blocked by invisible walls.

It's a shame there's no world map, because as you can see from that pic, it'd be beautiful, faithful and gargantuanly HUGE.

@Nate: Genesis.. Whoa. Beautiful, constantly poetic, magically powerful, great looking sword - and I get the feeling he's going to have one HECK of a good back story - not to mention future story seeing as he's in one of the Dirge secret endings. So yeah, a perfect addition to the FF7 series!

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628226)
Here we go - Chocobo Farm. :D Soz for the naff quality - taking pics of screens rarely looks good.

Mix - The world.. ahh, I wish. There's no world map. You're sort of based in Midgar, and anywhere outside it you have to go, you just appear there. Everywhere has large 'areas' like FF12's 'world map', you run through 'areas' separated by lines of blue dots. For example - the farm, I clicked 'start mission', and I'm outside it, in a large square of land blocked by invisible walls.

It's a shame there's no world map, because as you can see from that pic, it'd be beautiful, faithful and gargantuanly HUGE.

@Nate:

OMG! How do you get the secret ending on Dirge?! I am playing it again....