www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Minty Mouth 15-06-08 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 2779160)
Imo,X's battle system was more strategic than X-2's.It encourages the player to take his time and think before he acts.

But With Final Fantasy X-2's system you do exactly the same, but its just more fast paced and less cheap. (turn based battle systems make it far too easy.)

Forwen 15-06-08 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2780580)
But With Final Fantasy X-2's system you do exactly the same, but its just more fast paced and less cheap.

Erm, Pause button?

Minty Mouth 15-06-08 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2780655)
Erm, Pause button?

and about it?

Forwen 15-06-08 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2780689)
and about it?

Kinda defeats the argument that ATB is more fast-paced and has the player think faster. Hit the button and you have all the time in the world - the only inconvenience is that you can't browse through menus while paused.

Megalith 15-06-08 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by tidusffxwakka (Post 2779997)
seb where are u on it?? and werent there a feature which hints at the next destination in the ps1 version so maybe its still in psp ver or just try a guide :)

tell me more about ff3 and ff12 rw please is ff12rw just a strtegy game never really did enjoy them i love disgaea's story but hate the battle system :(

Usually when i buy a game i aim to beat it even if i don't like it.I have lots of patience.
With Revenant Wings i just gave up...It's a real time strategy which demands a fair amount of level grinding,and the controls are just terrible.Your actions must be very fast and precise but the character units many times stuck behind objects or characters resulting to the annihilation of your teams.
The game became so frustrating after a while,that i had to give it up.

Minty Mouth 15-06-08 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2780808)
Kinda defeats the argument that ATB is more fast-paced and has the player think faster. Hit the button and you have all the time in the world - the only inconvenience is that you can't browse through menus while paused.

No it doesnt. You have the choice to press the pause button or not in FFX-2. In FFX you are forced to play in a turn based system. If you are not cheating you will not press the pause button once during any fight unless you need a toilet break or something. To be honest it never even occured to me to press the pause button for extra time.

Forwen 15-06-08 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2780866)
No it doesnt. You have the choice to press the pause button or not in FFX-2. In FFX you are forced to play in a turn based system.

And you can play a turn-based system just as fast as active-time. There's absolutely nothing you have to wait for - contrary to active with its gauges filling up.

Minty Mouth 15-06-08 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2780914)
And you can play a turn-based system just as fast as active-time. There's absolutely nothing you have to wait for - contrary to active with its gauges filling up.

In ATB the enemies can attack whenever thaey want too, in a turn based battle system your enemies will only attack you when its their turn. The gauges are a great system for fighting. Along with wait and no wait attacks. The genious of the gauge is, that its so versatile, and not to mention unique.

Forwen 15-06-08 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2780960)
In ATB the enemies can attack whenever thaey want too, in a turn based battle system your enemies will only attack you when its their turn.

Huh? Enemies in ATB have their own gauges, only hidden. And thank three-limbed gods that's the case, because ATB hampers your chances of properly predicting the flow of the battle as it is. FFX gives you the opportunity to actually plan ahead, not hope for the best.

Megalith 15-06-08 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2780580)
But With Final Fantasy X-2's system you do exactly the same

Yes you do,if you have an IQ of 500 and you are able to think whole battle strategies in seconds.Unfortunately not everyone is that smart.:rolleyes:
I also assume that the people who prefer X-2's battle system they like it because of it's strategic qualities and not because it tempts you to go for a button mashing or level grinding frenzy ...;)

In FFX you could see the enemy's turns and so you needed time to plan ahead (that is if you had normal stats).