www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Immortalis08 20-12-08 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3324067)
The thing I hate about X-2 is you cant see the enemies before they go into battle.

Thats pretty much how RPG's have been for a while (at least in the beginning). There are a couple i can think of that show you the enemies in real time though, like Xenosaga.

Obscure 20-12-08 21:28

While I love Final Fantasy IV on the Ds, sometimes it makes me want to rip my hair out. I finished Lair of the Father not too long ago and I could have sworn that if I had seen another Behemoth in this game I would have destroyed the Ds.
Then I went onto the Giant of Babil and while it was simple enough getting there that horrific boss that kills you in two turns - CPU was really annoying me. It must have killed me at least 5/6 times before I managed to kill it BUT as I was watching the scene afterwards I dropped my DS and the cartidge came flying out of it making the game freeze. I was fuming but I vented my rage and gave it another go. I managed to kill CPU in that turn and just saved as soon as I got to the Moon and left it at that.

I added white parts to not spoil anyone who hasn't played the game.

Legend of Lara 20-12-08 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3324031)
I want to get FF 12.
I hear the battle systems better.

It's not. Trust me. I found it to be a stupid, boring, incomprehensible mess.

Obscure 20-12-08 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 3326454)

I didn't mind FF12's battle system in fact I thought it was quite good, when I was younger I used to hate Final Fantasy because of random battles, I always thought they were too abrupt but I grew used to them and then I really liked them. I thought FF12's battle system wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. I just wish we could have four characters like the old FF's instead of three.

Rivendell 20-12-08 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 3326454)

I liked it more than any of the other battle systems, and I never had a problem with the others.

It's pretty much the same, but with the added freedom of being able to actually run around whilst giving commands.

:tmb:

trXD 20-12-08 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3324031)
I want to get FF 12.
I hear the battle systems better.

Its like mustard.

You either love it or hate it.

bivvy 20-12-08 21:57

Ain't that margarine? :p

trXD 20-12-08 21:58

Whatever:p

Hyper_Crazy 20-12-08 22:05

No, it's marmite. :p

Anyway, I quite like the battle system for XII. It's pretty much the same as old Final Fantasy games, but as Chris said, you're free to roam about a bit in battle.

By the way, is it odd that I like to watch the enemies chase me when I run away, especially the malboros, they look funny. :D

*laralover* 20-12-08 22:47

I like 12's battle system too just the story and characters were so dissapointing :( I also hated the way you had to collect items from enemies and chain them to get stuff from that dam Bazaar lol They should of done somthing like FF9's synthesis shops that would of rocked :D