www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Carbonek_0051 27-02-10 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortalis08 (Post 4402377)
Yeah but you've been debating whether or not you should buy at full price! :p But yay! Now I can bond with you over this game! :hug:

Not really, but hey at least you get to admire some pretty graphics right?

Yeah.:D

Plus, if the rumors are true at least I got the better looking version. But I still doubt those stupid rumors.:pi:

trlestew 27-02-10 18:46

Fustration like that makes me want to snap the disc in 2...... :mad:

Like I almost did with FFX on my first playthrough when it took hours to defeat Evrae then die after a random battle in bevelle... WITHOUT SAVING!!!

Carbonek_0051 27-02-10 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by trlestew (Post 4402399)
Fustration like that makes me want to snap the disc in 2...... :mad:

I know right? I really don't see how any developer can see that as fun. It's just plain frustrating and off putting. :/

I am hoping I have none of those moments in FFXIII, because I swear I won't touch the game for a month if it does.:p

trlestew 27-02-10 18:50

same.... but then I would get bored of playing my other games and jump right back into it :o

Carbonek_0051 27-02-10 18:51

Haha, yeah I would probably cave as well. But that depends on how much I like the game.:p

Immortalis08 27-02-10 18:55

Its a double edged sword really. I believe there is a level cap of the maximum amount of abilities and stats you can obtain per given chapter. So while it may not be an issue of level grinding, I think we're just going to have to be THAT much more strategic this time around.

Flyin11 27-02-10 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortalis08 (Post 4402427)
Its a double edged sword really. I believe there is a level cap of the maximum amount of abilities and stats you can obtain per given chapter. So while it may not be an issue of level grinding, I think we're just going to have to be THAT much more strategic this time around.

Yep..You are correct. I picked up the free mini sized guide at Gamestop when I picked up Heavy Rain and I read part of it yesterday...They do say in there that they know it is usually common for people to level up and try to get higher character levels before moving onto the next story, but you won't get to do that this time. They said you can stay there if you want longer but it's not going to help you level up. They were saying there is just the right amount, a little more in case you die or something, of amounts of points/experience you get to have you increase your level a little bit but to continue to improve, you have to continue on to the next part of the story. This inludes Gil as well...

In other words, you won't be able to reach level 25 or 50 or so on just by staying there and defeating enemies all day ;) Not in this game. You have to continue on with the story. I really like that. I think it will improve the gaming experience and stop the people from leveling up too early...

Yuna´s Wish 27-02-10 19:20

^ I like that :D

And I love the comment on the frustration :tmb: When a battle starts in an RPG, I strongly dislike feeling I´ll win no matter what. If things spice up towards the end of a battle (like with FFXII or Persona 3/4) the game will keep me highly entertained.

Legend of Lara 27-02-10 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 4402497)
And I love the comment on the frustration :tmb: When a battle starts in an RPG, I strongly dislike feeling I´ll win no matter what. If things spice up towards the end of a battle (like with FFXII or Persona 3/4) the game will keep me highly entertained.

Quite. I've died more than once in random P3/P4 battles. I also like how Persona 4 sometimes had multiple waves of enemies in random battles. (when there are two or more in the same room IIRC)

I'm stopping here because I don't want to derail this thread again with my nonstop Persona gushing. :p

Jack Croft 28-02-10 07:38