www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Rivendell 04-03-07 08:25

I find myself only playing a couple of hours at a time Mix, then feel like I should be doing something else and turn it off :o

But 8 quickenings?! :yik :yik: :yik: Whowza! I'll be off inside the tomb soon, hopefully it'll make a nice change from all that sand!

RAID 04-03-07 08:26

It IS a great change from the sands ;).

To me it felt like raiding a tomb in you know what ;)

How do I use THE Esper's Attack? So far Belias only used Painflare, and when he runs out of spheres, he vanishes...

Rivendell 04-03-07 11:13

Sodding Demon Wall. Couldn't do him, so I checked the guide which said to turn out flames around him to make him stop - but there's no option to interact with any bloody flames!! Argh! :mad:

Thorir 04-03-07 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1621103)
But 8 quickenings?! :yik :yik: :yik: Whowza! I'll be off inside the tomb soon, hopefully it'll make a nice change from all that sand!

So far, my record is 17. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1621105)
How do I use THE Esper's Attack? So far Belias only used Painflare, and when he runs out of spheres, he vanishes...

You have no control over the Espers. You just summon them, then they attack and charge up to their main attack. They arenīt really that good...

Rivendell 04-03-07 12:27

*Bursts into tears of frustration*

I just had my best go against him, I so thought I'd won..

I had this much of his HP to knock off before he squashed me :(

|--|................................................. .......................................|

I had chain of 7 quickenings which knocked off 9k then another really good chain that knocked off 8K, and I whacked crap out of him until he cast sleep on my main guy then SQUASH.

Reggie 04-03-07 12:42

You're all way ahead of me now! I guess being so busy with other things has held me up. And the fact that I've gotten sidetracked with battling in the westersand, exploring and taking part in hunts. All 4 of my characters are at level 11 and we've just arrived in the place that is surrounded by mist (I've forgotten its name.).

RAID 04-03-07 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorir (Post 1621507)
You have no control over the Espers. You just summon them, then they attack and charge up to their main attack. They aren´t really that good...

Yeah...

LMFAO. I just got Penelo's second Quickening...Evanescence :yah:

First Yuna's Wand: Nirvana
Now Penelo's: Evanescence

Next: Metallica.

Thorir 04-03-07 13:10

I hate to say it Rivendell, but if you thought the Demon Wall is difficult, I´m afraid the next boss will make you cry. :D

I think I beat the Demon Wall on my second try, but the next boss killed me so bad, I went out to level up for five hours...

I have all the quickenings, so chaining them is pretty easy now. :D

Rivendell 04-03-07 13:28

Gah thanks Thorir, I can't wait.. :pi:

Thorir 04-03-07 13:30

You´re very welcome. :D

Evilkipje 04-03-07 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1621583)
Yeah...

LMFAO. I just got Penelo's second Quickening...Evanescence :yah:

First Yuna's Wand: Nirvana
Now Penelo's: Evanescence

Next: Metallica.

before you know there's a Panic at the Disco spell :")
lol, that would actually be a funny spell xD

RAID 04-03-07 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilkipje (Post 1621668)
before you know there's a Panic at the Disco spell :")
lol, that would actually be a funny spell xD

:vlol:

I can just picture it, Vaan wearing Yuna's songstress dress to perform this spell XD

Supernova 04-03-07 14:53

I'm in Ozmone plain now leveling up, I'm already at level 30, it's going really well now.
Everyone keeps saying (everywhere) that the Espers suck but I don't think so, and Hellfire looks so awesome :)

RAID 04-03-07 14:57

I can't wait till I get Mateus. She's beautiful, worthy of the name Shiva :p She looks just like a goddess, and she, Ultima and Belias are the only ones I know of so far. I have no idea, who the other 10 are, what they look like, their names, their attacks or their elements.

Keep it a secret folks pls. I'm having fun discovering everything by myself. ;)

TR FAN 18 04-03-07 15:00

250,000 Gil?!

I got some item called a Morbid Urn to appear in the Bazaar. It costs 250,000 Gil!!:yik: I only have about 104,000 right now. Must be something really good for that price.

RAID 04-03-07 15:03

Money is hard to get in this game. There are so many weapons and armor available to buy, but I have only like 34000+ gil in my pockets...

Legend of Lara 04-03-07 15:15

I have so little gil in XII. I remember that in X-2 where every monster dropped a ton of gil... ah... fun times. None of that dumb loot. :pi:

MiCkiZ88 04-03-07 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1621808)

I can just picture it, Vaan wearing Yuna's songstress dress to perform this spell XD

Im just levelling up at the sandsea killing lots of desert people :mis: so far 98 in chain of those buggers..
Got squazed by that demon wall :o

Rivendell 04-03-07 17:21

Right, I'm going to have another pop at that stupid wall. I have to do it this time, I have to.

MiCkiZ88 04-03-07 17:26

Good luck.. Im going to try it aswell.

Damn I didn't notice you because of your new avatar! :eek:

Rivendell 04-03-07 18:37

Aye, thought it was time for a change. This one's a bit more sinister... Not sure I like it yet.

Oh, and

SUCCESS!!! Finally!
I got that demonic slab of rock right before he got me!

And Thorir - I killed the 2nd demon wall straight off with my two best Quickenings yet - a run of 7 with Cataclysm, and a run of 10! Neither took off more than 8k in hp which is disappointing as I had a short quickening run before that took off 9k. Hmph.

However I'm now trying to get a very powerful sword which apparently I have to keep running back and forth til it spawns. :yah:

nightwishgirl84 04-03-07 19:09

today i defeated the demon wall in 3 tries !!
and i finished off Belias in only 2 tries :)
Vossler was easy,i defeated him in the first try without breaking a sweat :)
I went to this village after it (thru giza).
And they also leveled up very nicely today too.

Rivendell 04-03-07 19:13

Aw CRAP! I wish I didn't highlight that bit on yours Nightwishgirl :hea:

nightwishgirl84 04-03-07 19:19

thats why i white outed it lol.
i also went to The Ozmone Plain and Jahara : Land of the Garif.
now i'm going to Mt. Bur-Omisace with Larsa.

Rivendell 04-03-07 19:21

It's true, curiosity did kill the cat!
Oh well, I still have to find out WHY that battle occurs!

nightwishgirl84 04-03-07 19:26

i'll never tell...........
won't spoil more for you Riv !!
i loved the tomb level,very nice.....
did you get Belias yet??

Rivendell 04-03-07 19:35

Nope not yet, just got the Demonsbane sword though! :yah: Now Vaan has an attack power of 59 :cool:

nightwishgirl84 04-03-07 19:40

wow that's awesome !!
how do you obtain a sword like that ??
was it some hidden secret ??

Rivendell 04-03-07 20:00

Yep I think so - this is where it pays to have the guide :D

--Kill the first demon wall, and the wall he came from leaves a blue jewel - but nothing happens when you touch it.

Go fight the second demon wall, defeat it and return to the blue jewel. This time when you touch it, it raises a set of stairs to the unreachable doors opposite the entrance to the tomb, and follow that down a long corridor, a big set of stairs and you reach a chest.

At first I opened it to get 100gil, ran back outside the tomb (3 areas away respawns the chests) and returned to it to get the Demonsbane :D
--

Kiss-Bite 04-03-07 20:01

My whole party is at LVL 72 now & I've just found a hidden Esper in the waterways.:D I have six Espers now, three of them are the official & the rest are secrets. I've also completed 27 hunts but have a few accepted ones still to finish. :D My playtime is 106 hrs, that is crazy. But a lot of them hours have been when I've left the party to level themselves using gambits. Time to move the story on I think & leave the fishing village.:jmp:

nightwishgirl84 04-03-07 20:06

i only have one esper and they are at levels 23 to 26 now.
i didn't kill the first wall Riv,just the second :(
gonna try now though :)
i'm so buying the guide !!!!

Rivendell 04-03-07 20:08

Sheeesh! Level 72! :yik:

My fighters reached lvl 20 a few mins ago. I've not leveled up my others, so they're on levels 10, 11, 11.

nightwishgirl84 04-03-07 20:12

balthier and fran are lower levels too,i just don't play with them often.
gonna have to level them up soon though.
i mostly play with penelo,vaan,basch or ashe.
i liked having a party of four,i so hope it expands during the game,i can now only have 3,excluding guests.

TR FAN 18 04-03-07 20:40

I mainly use Vaan, Basch and Ashe. Vaan & Basch are LV 58, Ashe is LV 56.
Balthier, Fran & Penelo - 10 11 13. I use the others for Quickenings. Got 14 hits today, which did something called Black Hole and inflicted 27000+ damage! My record is 16 hits.
I now have 64 hours on the clock and over 1,000,000 Clan Points.

Supernova 04-03-07 20:59

Just a quick question, how long does it take to complete the lisence board? because I've already got a lot of things on it, I'm afraid I will have it completely done with everyone before even reaching 50% of the game, can people who are already very far in the game tell me how long it took you to complete it or if you are still not done with it, thanks :)

MiCkiZ88 04-03-07 21:30

*tries to calm down* phew.. I just got the first quickenings to everyone. took me more than 3 hours to level them up to level 17 -18 :rolleyes: & get enough lp points to buy those quickenings.. now tomorrow im gonna try to beat the crap out of that demon wall -.-

Phew.. anyone noticed how your adrealine rises when your in a tigh situation in the game.. I was in the midle of sand sea without any potions/ phoenix downs & hardly any mp left.. got finally back to the Tomb.. :D

edit: Jeez... some really have high levels! :eek:
hmm I did go to the clan place in rebanaska but what are the clan points valuable of? I'm still a moppet with abou 50 something K points.. First I was only able to buy the potions from that market place.. does it unlock some secret stuff?

Kiss-Bite 04-03-07 21:30

I don't know how far I am into the game, but I still need to get two more Espers. I finished the whole License board yesterday, but I still can't buy a lot of the spells, weapons etc.. It doesn't matter if you do finish the board earlier as you'll be able to buy all the things you need soon as they're available, as long as you have enough Gil.;)

Rivendell 04-03-07 21:32

Sweet! Tomb of Raithwall done, my 3 players on lvl 21, Belias in one go :D

Kiss-Bite 04-03-07 21:35

Excellent! Well done!:tmb: I think that Tomb is stunning, as are all of them so far!:D

OMG! When did I become a Professor?:D

MiCkiZ88 04-03-07 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiss-Bite (Post 1623023)
Excellent! Well done!:tmb: I think that Tomb is stunning, as are all of them so far!:D

There.. are.. more.. tombs? -_-
Since when did FF become Tomb Raider?

And congratulations KB! :tmb:

And Riv for clearing the tomb :tmb: