www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Miharu 17-08-12 21:08

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...y_maridood.jpg

That picture is special to me because that's the only time I liked Lightning.

tombfan91 17-08-12 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 6386309)
Still nothing on that front.Maybe SE will reveal more about it in one month at TGS.

Ahh I see. I hope they reveal something on it, or at least Something of a progress on it. I really want it lol

ultima espio 17-08-12 22:03

They might mention something about it on Sept 1st after the Lightning one. They said they were having a hard time porting it last time I checked.

Yuna´s Wish 17-08-12 22:26

I don't remember them saying that :O

I'll quote Yuna on the matter: "oh, poopie!"

Tony9595 17-08-12 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dia2blo (Post 6386319)
Play Lost Odyssey. :)

I'll look for it next time I go to the games store. It my wallet allows me I might give it a try. xD
It's not the first time I buy Xbox games when I don't even have one lol, I had to play TRU on my friend's 360 :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 6386331)
Slightly off topic but since Tony asked about it...
Mistwalker's The Last Story: What the critics are saying

Oh, so it seems to be more in the positive side. I've never seen this game in here, I guess it was also an USA exclusive as Xenoblade, my only option would be ordering it online.

Megalith 17-08-12 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony9595 (Post 6386668)
Oh, so it seems to be more in the positive side. I've never seen this game in here, I guess it was also an USA exclusive as Xenoblade, my only option would be ordering it online.

In Europe it was released normally but in the US it was a Gamestop exclusive...Still it's worth hunting it down because overall,i think its positives far outweight its negatives.
Btw you should also get Xenoblade (if you haven't already).Best JRPG of the generation,it makes FFXIII look like a complete joke IMO.

Dia2blo 18-08-12 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 6386331)
Slightly off topic but since Tony asked about it...
Mistwalker's The Last Story: What the critics are saying

I so, so want the Last Story, but refuse to buy anything other than the special edition (I love Mistwalker) but every time I go to get it something else financial gets in the way. One day... :(:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony9595 (Post 6386668)
I'll look for it next time I go to the games store. It my wallet allows me I might give it a try. xD
It's not the first time I buy Xbox games when I don't even have one lol, I had to play TRU on my friend's 360 :P

It's awesome, you should play it if you're looking for that old kind of FF vibe (and of course look at who it's made by. :P)

Also sorry, off topic still :P

Carbonek_0051 18-08-12 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 6386408)
She is by far, the deepest and most complex protagonist in the series.

She's a female Cloud, only far less interesting. Which is saying something because Cloud didn't even have his own personality and was pretty bland himself.

Megalith 18-08-12 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6387451)
She's a female Cloud, only far less interesting. Which is saying something because Cloud didn't even have his own personality and was pretty bland himself.

And he was the main character of a much,much,much better FF game than XIII (IMO).

Carbonek_0051 18-08-12 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 6387464)
And he was the main character of a much,much,much better FF game than XIII.

Truth. So much truth it hurts.

herothing 18-08-12 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6387465)
Opinion. So much opinion it hurts.

Fixed :)

Carbonek_0051 18-08-12 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by herothing (Post 6387527)
Fixed :)

No. IT'S FACT AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

:pi:

Yuna´s Wish 18-08-12 16:46

I don't agree. I used to think of her as a female Cloud when I was angry for not having a PS3 or 360 to play it, and the thought of never being able to get one. It led me to bash XIII and its characters, mere prejudice born from childish sad thoughts. Then I played XIII, met the characters, and they proved me so wonderfully wrong <3

Carbonek_0051 18-08-12 16:47

I've played XIII, and I hated it. So... :p

Yuna´s Wish 18-08-12 16:48

Did you ever beat Hecatoncheir? That was the last I knew of your playthrough.

Carbonek_0051 18-08-12 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 6387537)
Did you ever beat Hecatoncheir? That was the last I knew of your playthrough.

Yes.

Yuna´s Wish 18-08-12 16:51

Oh, great! :) Hecatoncheir is a nice boss and an excellent summon. It deserves some praise.

I didn't mean to use a winking smiley above my post. I'm on my cellphone and sometimes I touch things I don't mean to :p

Carbonek_0051 18-08-12 16:55

Don't get me wrong, XIII did do some good things. But to me the gameplay was a major step back, the story was all over the place, only two of the characters were interesting (Fang & Vanille), and the art-style is by far the weakest in the series.

I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't feel so repetitive and the story wouldn't have gone from boring, to interesting, to good, to boring again.

Yuna´s Wish 18-08-12 17:01

I know, I get what you mean, don't worry. It's just that I feel the opposite :p But I do understand your point of view and the reasons you provide.

herothing 18-08-12 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6387533)
No. IT'S FACT AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

:pi:

:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 6387534)
I don't agree. I used to think of her as a female Cloud when I was angry for not having a PS3 or 360 to play it, and the thought of never being able to get one. It led me to bash XIII and its characters, mere prejudice born from childish sad thoughts. Then I played XIII, met the characters, and they proved me so wonderfully wrong <3

I've always thought Lightning to look like a female Cloud, although I haven't played Final Fantasy VII in 7 or 8 years so I couldn't do an accurate comparison.
I agree though, at the start I didn't like a couple of the characters, but as I went on through the game I started to warm to them a little more: even Snow :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6387550)
Don't get me wrong, XIII did do some good things. But to me the gameplay was a major step back, the story was all over the place, only two of the characters were interesting (Fang & Vanille), and the art-style is by far the weakest in the series.

I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't feel so repetitive and the story wouldn't have gone from boring, to interesting, to good, to boring again.

I quite enjoyed the story to be honest. I thought it was one of it's good points, albeit quite hard to understand on a first play through. You'll hate me for saying this, but I found Vanille and Fang's history to be quite boring originally until I actually understood what their purpose was.
I think I'll agree with the art style though, I thought XII has a pretty outstanding set of maps, areas etc. In terms of game-play I partially agree. I didn't like the linearity of the game, but it's definitely my favorite battle system so far.

TR FAN 18 20-08-12 16:11

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...launch-issues/

Why do you need DRM for a game from 1997?! :mad:

Miharu 20-08-12 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6387451)
She's a female Cloud, only far less interesting. Which is saying something because Cloud didn't even have his own personality and was pretty bland himself.

This and she's just not that interesting.

Fang & Vanille were amazing however.

:}hello friend 20-08-12 20:08

Lightning may be bland, but she is dayuumm sexy.

Miharu 20-08-12 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by :}hello friend (Post 6390863)
Lightning may be bland, but she is dayuumm sexy.

Meh. No. I've seen better.

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by :}hello friend (Post 6390863)
Lightning may be bland, but she is dayuumm sexy.

Tifa > Lightning
Aeris > Lightning
Ashe > Lightning
Panelo > Lightning
Fran > Lightning
Vanille > Lightning
Yufi > Lighting
Fang > Lightning
Rinoa > Lighting

Get my point yet? :pi:

herothing 20-08-12 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6390972)
Tifa > Lightning
Aeris > Lightning
Ashe > Lightning
Panelo > Lightning
Fran > Lightning
Vanille > Lightning
Yufi > Lighting
Fang > Lightning
Rinoa > Lighting

Get my point yet? :pi:

Penelo? She was the worst character ever! :vlol:
There's some pretty awesome characters in that list though, i.e - Tifa, Fran, Fang, Rinoa :p

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by herothing (Post 6390974)
Penelo? She was the worst character ever! :vlol:
There's some pretty awesome characters in that list though, i.e - Tifa, Fran, Fang, Rinoa :p

The whole reason I put Penelo is because I find even a character as terrible as her better than Lightning. :p

herothing 20-08-12 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6390978)
The whole reason I put Penelo is because I find even a character as terrible as her better than Lightning. :p

I cannot put it into words how crazy you are to think Penelo is better than Lightning. That is actually insane; you are entitled to your own opinion however and I respect that :ton:

ultima espio 20-08-12 21:32

Lightning actually looks pretty...Penelo though, my god ;_;

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultima espio (Post 6391017)
Lightning actually looks pretty...Penelo though, my god ;_;

Penelo actually is pretty, her outfit just sucks.

http://www.phoenixdown.it/everlastin...800_penelo.jpg

But let's face it, the true Queen of FFXII is Fran:

http://cdn3.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads...11/10/fran.jpg

*sigh* I need a FFXII HD remaster in my life.

herothing 20-08-12 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6391025)
But let's face it, the true Queen of FFXII is Fran:

http://cdn3.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads...11/10/fran.jpg

*sigh* I need a FFXII HD remaster in my life.

2 x :tmb:

domino92 20-08-12 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR FAN 18 (Post 6390506)
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...launch-issues/

Why do you need DRM for a game from 1997?! :mad:

The top person in the comments section said it best:

Quote:

When you can't deliver a game first released in 1997 without problems maybe you need to have a good look at your company.
This is ridiculously ridiculous. I mean, come one, DRM and massive glitches for Final Fantasy 7!? :vlol: Good job Square, now we see how they ****ed up Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by domino92 (Post 6391147)
Good job Square, now we see how they ****ed up...Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

This happened when?

Tear 20-08-12 22:48

Balthier > Fang > Lighting > Everything else. :pi:

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6391152)
Balthier & Fran > Tifa > Fang > Everything else. :pi:

Fixed.

Tear 20-08-12 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6391155)
Balthier & Tear > Everything else including Nate. :pi:

Fixed.

Yuna´s Wish 20-08-12 22:53

Lightning & Serah & Yuna > Squall > Rest of the XIII cast > Everything else.

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 22:53

^Don't be a flop, Alan. :ohn:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6391158)
Fixed.

No. LEAVE FOREVER TEAR. HOW DARE YOU.

Tear 20-08-12 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6391161)
No. LEAVE FOREVER TEAR. HOW DARE YOU.

:vlol:

Okay, okay... Balthier > Nate > Lightning..?

Carbonek_0051 20-08-12 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear (Post 6391164)
:vlol:

Okay, okay... Balthier > Nate > Lightning..?

I can handle this. :pi:


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.