www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Modding (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   High quality sound effect mod (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=224317)

noname 14-04-20 00:35

TR2 high quality sound effect mod
 
It's been a while since I made a thread about this, so I figured I'd make another one since I've made a number of incremental updates over the years. I'm now up to 153 sound effects replaced with high quality versions of the originals. Although that leaves 255 to go, you can really hear the difference. Go to https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-sound-effects and select the appropriate main.sfx to download. It replaces the original main.sfx in the data folder.

Check out this video for a comparison between the original and new sound effects:

(This is a bit old, I've improved the foot step and snowmobile sound effects since then)

JAMJOOM 14-04-20 07:37

super
 
Nice i will try this

mizuno_suisei 14-04-20 07:42

Woah, I actually downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it :) Incase I wasn't in time for the update, I'll download it again now. Awesome stuff!

Have you come across anything unique or particular in your (years long it seems) quest for the perfect sound effects? actually sounds like quite a fun project

noname 21-04-20 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei (Post 8186950)
Woah, I actually downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it :) Incase I wasn't in time for the update, I'll download it again now. Awesome stuff!

Have you come across anything unique or particular in your (years long it seems) quest for the perfect sound effects? actually sounds like quite a fun project

Most of my effort has gone into combing through various sound effect libraries. It is quite rewarding when I finally happen upon a TR2 sound effect. :D

VictorXD 23-04-20 15:42

I didn't know this was still being updated! Nice!! :D Thanks for this, it's one of TR2's must haves for me.

noname 02-05-20 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 8190150)
I didn't know this was still being updated! Nice!! :D Thanks for this, it's one of TR2's must haves for me.

No problem! I update it whenever I find new sound effects. For the moment I think I've exhausted all the sources I know about. There could be more in Sound Ideas, if anyone else wants to search: https://www.pond5.com/artist/soundideascom#1/2080

CelticGuard 02-05-20 15:08

I recently finished a playthrough of TR2 with your sound effects. It really helps a lot! Thank you so much for doing this :D

noname 09-05-21 16:05

Got another update! Now up to 160 HQ sound effects. https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-sound-effects

CircusBabysGal 10-05-21 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname (Post 8297141)
Got another update! Now up to 160 HQ sound effects. https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-sound-effects

Wow! :D
What's the difference between 160 and what we had before may I ask? :D

noname 11-05-21 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal (Post 8297287)
Wow! :D
What's the difference between 160 and what we had before may I ask? :D

It was 153 before, so not a huge difference. But it does include the auto pistols now. ;)

LateRaider 12-05-21 05:29

thanks, this is a treat for the ears!

noname 25-05-21 15:46

No problem! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.