www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tutorials and Resources (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ideas, comments and Suggestions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79167)

Titak 08-02-07 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraMan2 (Post 1558958)
can someone pm me on how to make...
1) other rooms attaching with other rooms

2) activating rolling balls

3) how to make a switch open a door

thank you

Please post questiosn like these in the regular LevelEditor forum next time, LaraMan2.
This thread is for tutorial requests and this forum section is for tutorials only. ;)

To answer your switch question:
- Place the switch.
- Select it and place a trigger for it underneath it.
- Make the trigger type 'switch'.
This will make sure the door will only be opened when Lara uses the switch.
- Place and select the door and place a regular trigger for it on the same square as the switchtrigger.

danzaboy 19-05-07 17:24

Maybe a full tutorial on how to make triggers link with other triggers, a few people have had major problems with this as well as myself hehe.

Also known as trigger strings i think ? :D

snork 17-09-07 18:37

Hej,

Does someone know about a tutorial or collection of recommendations when it comes to betatesting ? (directed at the testers)

snork

mattlsu 20-09-07 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara'sMan (Post 1509655)
Horizons! Please!! No CLUE how to add them or change them.

Still have problems with water textures. why can't their be a "fill with water" button instead! Lol.

What to do once the level is built and textured...what files you need and how to take it from the actualy level in the editor to the finaly playing level. I still am clueless and yet to even make a tr level. :(

Anything to do with triggers, lighting and adding special effects like mist, sound effects and music.

Thanks

http://ihabb.com

Horizon Tutorial
Making Water Tutorial
Playing your Level Tutorial
Triggers tutorial
Lighting Tutorial
Music Tutorials

Much more, check it out.

Lara_Fan 03-11-07 15:50

OK, i have an idea with which i really have big issues.

Can you make a tutorial on how to make your own wads?
I personally want to learn how to make wads with WadMerger.

TR-Freak 02-01-08 17:42

Whats about a list ofall State IDs for Lara?

Nemo20 24-06-08 10:46

@Titak, when i use your command

"EXAMPLE 3 - ROLL IN CRAWLSPACE"

Animation= 218, IGNORE, $4000, FAN_KEEP_NEXT_STATEID, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 4, IGNORE, -222, -353, -354
MultEnvCondition= 4 ,ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT, 256, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT, 512, IGNORE

I become a error, when i built my script.

Quote:

* NG Scripter 1.1

Remove old .dat files from folder: f:\Croft Manorv3\script

Scanning SCRIPT.TXT

ERROR: unknonw command 'MultEnvCondition=' in line: MultEnvCondition= 4 ,ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT, 256, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT, 512, IGNORE

Scanning ENGLISH.TXT

Found 359 standard strings

Found 0 extra ng strings
Thats my script entry for this Level.

Quote:

[Level]
Name= Venice
Horizon= ENABLED
Rain= RAIN_ALL_OUTSIDE
Animation= 448, KEY1_JUMP, IGNORE , IGNORE, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 21, IGNORE, -96
Animation= 450, KEY1_DOWN, IGNORE , FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 21, IGNORE, -96
Animation= 480, KEY1_ROLL, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, -234
Animation= 481, KEY1_ACTION + KEY1_UP, IGNORE, IGNORE, ENV_MONKEY_CEILING, 1027, IGNORE, -164
Animation= 218, IGNORE, $4000, FAN_KEEP_NEXT_STATEID, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 4, IGNORE, -222, -353, -354
MultEnvCondition= 4 ,ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT, 256, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT, 512, IGNORE
LoadCamera= 63414,-13597,48104,61816,-14434,49092,0
Level= DATA\v3home,108

Hmm, ok i have with all Commands errors :S
Crazy...

matrix54 24-06-08 10:59

download the latest version. there a link somewhere, try the main trle page and look for nextgen winroomedit and try the link and it should be there.;)

Nemo20 24-06-08 11:01

Okay i'm use now the newest NG Scripter. But the Command's doesn't work.

When Lara is in the Crawlspaceposition, and i press the sprint key, Lara doesn't roll.
Or the Ladder to Monkey doesn't work, too

matrix54 24-06-08 22:27

same to me, i just ignored it and went back to the old one, where I was safe... this will be fixed someday...

Titak 26-06-08 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo20 (Post 2807806)
Okay i'm use now the newest NG Scripter. But the Command's doesn't work.

When Lara is in the Crawlspaceposition, and i press the sprint key, Lara doesn't roll.
Or the Ladder to Monkey doesn't work, too

Weird, I also have the latest installed.
I will give those moves try. ;)

Lara_Fan 26-06-08 15:38

I'm sorry if this is offtopic, but I think I read somewhere that some more 'advanced moves' like Ladder to Monkey, or Rolling while in crawl space position don't work in NGLE. Is that right?

Wayne_Scales 25-09-08 20:04

I know there is a few great tuts on meta out there but another wouldn't hurt.

Maybe one where it covers advanced stuff:mis:

Titak 26-09-08 13:31

Exactly what sort of advanced stuff are you thinking about?

Wayne_Scales 26-09-08 15:43

Well, a tut on a very detailed plant or something like that. It doesn't have to be a plant but there is not many tuts on how to create plants, and covering the features like cutting faces and stuff like that...

Only a suggestion :)

Hateshinai 28-09-08 11:31

What about a very detailled tutorial on how to make a cutscene, but with screens ?:rolleyes:

Pleaaaaaase :D

Patricia_S 01-11-08 17:26

Sound manager / Anim command tutorial

A detailed tutorial about how to assign sounds to a custom object would be really nice :D; i am having a lot of issues with wadmerger that resets my sounds after loading the wad again :hea:

Wayne_Scales 04-12-08 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia_S (Post 3175627)
A detailed tutorial about how to assign sounds to a custom object would be really nice :D; i am having a lot of issues with wadmerger that resets my sounds after loading the wad again :hea:

Yes and the tutorial should cover an how to permantly add them to the wad using screamer or whatever program is needed!:D

KurtisandLara 14-12-08 03:50

Wrong forum. wasn't paying attention.

aktrekker 14-12-08 10:31

This forum is for tutorials. This thread is for ideas and suggestions for tutorials. Please post other ideas and suggestions in the main TRLE forum.

V a l T iE L 11-10-09 00:47

I always wanted to see a tutorial about making enemies...
3 things especially:

-making a TRex (is in the setha slot but doesnt fly or shoot anything, so that would be nice to know how its done)

-making a mummy from TR1 (also in the setha slot, some mummies only shoot a single fireball instead of many as the original seth god enemy)

-making a custom enemy, just a simple one (not the meshes, the animations), maybe in the baddy slot
Im specially interested in how does an enemy know when to shoot, for example demigod 3 shoots a single energy bolt most of the times but another animation shoots many of them all around, so how does the game know when to shoot or how many attacks to launch?

hope its possible and not too much to ask

KurtisandLara 11-10-09 00:50

Well first off this isn't a tutorial so it should be moved to the general TRLE section only tutorials are supposed to be posted here :).
Anyways the Mummy from TR1 only shooting 1, that can be done by putting it in the demigod slot...
And to make an enemy you would have to use meta. and create the meshes and all that :).

V a l T iE L 11-10-09 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtisandLara (Post 4088238)
Well first off this isn't a tutorial so it should be moved to the general TRLE section only tutorials are supposed to be posted here :).

Im sorry please correct me if im mistaken... :)

I saw this was a thread about requesting tutorials am i right?

God Horus 11-10-09 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtisandLara (Post 4088238)
Anyways the Mummy from TR1 only shooting 1, that can be done by putting it in the demigod slot...
And to make an enemy you would have to use meta. and create the meshes and all that :).

No it shouldn't, this thread was made by an old LE moderator and it shouldn't be moved because he isn't a moderator anymore. If the thread is about tutorial ideas/suggestions/etc, it would be pointless to have it in the main section when the things would be posted in the tutorial section anyways.

Titak 11-10-09 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by V a l T iE L (Post 4088249)
Im sorry please correct me if im mistaken... :)

I saw this was a thread about requesting tutorials am i right?

Right. You put your question in the right thread. :D

KurtisandLara 11-10-09 09:31

oh sorry my bad i didn't see this was an actual thread im sorry i thought he just created a thread :o.

V a l T iE L 11-10-09 17:09

So now that is all cleared... thankfully

The thing is, i tried to restore an animation from demigod 3 that wasnt included on the new enemy, the one in which it shoots many things everywhere, and i restored the animation but no bolts came out of it. maybe i did it wrong, havent had the time to try to make all the animations equal to the original demigod :confused:

A tutorial on extracting enemies from other tr games and putting them to work would be nice if anyone knows how to do it :)

Titak 11-10-09 17:17

I don't know how to that either, so I'd be interested as well. :D

KurtisandLara 11-10-09 20:19

Well i just found the demigod from an old wad that was either included with the LE or it came in the updated wads.
And i just copied it over and it worked.

V a l T iE L 12-10-09 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 4089291)
I don't know how to that either, so I'd be interested as well. :D

Thanks Titak! now there is more of us

The thing is the normal demigod works just fine, what im trying to edit is someone else's enemy... someone made a few meshes (less than the original demigod), put them together and gave them animations similar to the demigod 3, but it doesnt use all of them, so some things the demigod 3 slot can do, this enemy can't, despite its in the same slot.

I cant copy the meshes over the original one with WADMerger because the mesh number is different:(

So the only thing left to try is to remake most of the animations and see if that works. But i cant do it if i dont know how can you work with that kind of attack animations

KurtisandLara 12-10-09 03:22

well maybe i can have a go at the animations.
Can you send me the demigods please :) the one with out the attack and the one with the attack :).

V a l T iE L 12-10-09 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtisandLara (Post 4090401)
well maybe i can have a go at the animations.
Can you send me the demigods please :) the one with out the attack and the one with the attack :).

Really?:jmp:!! would you do that?

Alright thank you very much!!

Im sending them by email... never found how to send them by pm or something more related to the site:confused:

This is the enemy
[IMG]http://i35.************/wh0gub.jpg[/IMG]

this is what im triying her to do
[IMG]http://i37.************/fosb9.jpg[/IMG]

KurtisandLara 12-10-09 16:07

Ok thanks ill have a look at it :).

EDIT:
Well i studied each animations...
I can't find the problem I changed everything to make it like the last but i can't get it :(.
Ill keep trying though :D!

V a l T iE L 14-10-09 21:12

I really hope you can find out something... :D

If not, thanks anyway... i have an idea but it will take a long time

It would be building most of the animations again by putting the meshes of the second one into the original one

Still this is a lot of work and a lot of time

A tutorial would still be good :p

KurtisandLara 14-10-09 22:37

Im not sure whats wrong...
I extracted the aniamtions from Demi 3 and put it in the new demi. of course she had a differant number of meshes so the animation was all messed up. but i fixxed the animation and still she doesn't use it...
hmmm.

samusa20 08-05-10 13:57

how to make lara voice in game

if your making levels use these tools to make voice

1. voice changer
http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx

2. text to speech program
http://www.naturalreaders.com/

there is other programs
-----------------------------------------------------------

1.search google for programs to change voice
write

voice Cloak
voice changer
voice mask
voice Morph

2.seach google for text to speech programs
write

text to speech

Titak 08-05-10 15:11

Will you stop posting that info please. I'm seeing it all over the TRLE forum by now.
Of the 28 posts you made on this forum so far, 5 are about that voice thing.
I'm going to considered it as spamming if you continue posting it all over.

It has no place in this thread either since this thread is about making suggestions for new tutorials.

Mac Daddy 03-08-10 13:07

Idea...

How about a tutorial on remaking the TR4 Lara model from scratch.

The tutorial could show someone how to make Lara in fully 3D so more people could have a go at making Lara and even be able to edit the meshes themselfs rather than asking people to make outfits for them all the time.

Horus-Goddess 12-07-11 04:02

Well I want to put up a tutorial for making custom textures (mine specifically is for an outfit but it could be used for pretty much anything). I have all of the images done and up on my photobucket account, and all tutorial text is included on the images. Here's a link to the folder on Photobucket containing all the images, it starts at UVtut1.jpg and goes from there.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...rial_TRLEMeta/

Titak 12-07-11 16:10

^
Very good! :tmb:

What I've done in the past with tutorials that contained a lot of images is to upload those images onto the TRF HUB and then post the links here so the images are visible right away.

I could do that for these images as well if you like. :D