www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Gemma Darkmoon 16-04-18 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix (Post 7856663)
Part of my positivity also stems from the fact that Im keeping my expectation in check when it comes to classic-related nods and references. I am not expecting to see Lara with a classic outfit, nor a re-imagined one just like I am not expecting to see the dual pistols make a comeback, not yet. Then, if that was bound to happen, even better. But I dont want to set myself up for disappointment, at this point Id be at least partly satisfied with a good plot and an interesting environment to explore.

I do expect the classic nods and with how much they have been asked for I don't think there is a good reason for them not to be there. It isn't a game killer but if they are in there that's a big positive and if they aren't included that is certainly something that would leave me disappointed.

My big hopes are some character development with Lara, much bigger tombs, a vibrant landscape and a classic outfit.

ZIP!2009 16-04-18 12:33

I’d be very surprised if they put the classic outfit on Lara For the main story, I think the outfit is too 90’s for present day reboot Lara. And plus, I think this iteration is suppose to be a little darker than rise, a little stealthier hence the dark colours in the artwork we’ve seen so far.

I think they can easily nod to traditional Lara with subtitles....

Kind of want them to set the next game in egypt... what does next gem Egypt look like I wonder??

Gemma Darkmoon 16-04-18 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZIP!2009 (Post 7856674)
Id be very surprised if they put the classic outfit on Lara For the main story, I think the outfit is too 90s for present day reboot Lara. And plus, I think this iteration is suppose to be a little darker than rise, a little stealthier hence the dark colours in the artwork weve seen so far.

I think they can easily nod to traditional Lara with subtitles....

Kind of want them to set the next game in egypt... what does next gem Egypt look like I wonder??

Maybe AOD's base outfit perhaps? The mood certainly seems it could turn sour if they just miss the classic nods altogether.

Hazelphoenix 16-04-18 12:43

For the main story, absolutely. They’ll probably stick with the black outfit we’ve seen in the first teaser trailer and artwork, which I don’t mind much. I like black :p

As an unlockable or purchasable add-on though? A classic-styled outfit wouldn’t hurt anyone, really.... I am not expecting anything to avoid a future disappointment, but I truly hope they are gonna think about it. Even a reimagined AOD outfit would be amazing.

Edit: Gemma Darkmoon beat me to it, I agree. AOD’s outfit all the way, it’s not over the top like the original classic outfit if that’s their main concern.

Vaskito 16-04-18 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix (Post 7856680)

Edit: Gemma Darkmoon beat me to it, I agree. AOD’s outfit all the way, it’s not over the top like the original classic outfit if that’s their main concern.

I would like something like what she's wearing on this comic. This is kinda AOD'esque

https://s7.postimg.cc/jqtyj7bhn/4354909-12.jpg

But, I love her outfit from the artwork we have too

CrowdedToaster 16-04-18 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7856690)
I would like something like what she's wearing on this comic. This is kinda AOD'esque

[IMG]https://s7.postimg.cc/jqtyj7bhn/4354909-12.jpg[/IM]

But, I love her outfit from the artwork we have too

If she gets a backpack I want it to be like the one in there! It even allows her to hold her arrows in her quiver!

ccroft2003 16-04-18 13:39

I really don't get this whole "bow and arrow" signature weapon bull s***? I can understand why it would be a default weapon in the 2013 Tomb Raider being a survivor marooned on an island, but why on EARTH would Lara still choose to use one when she's planning on going on another expedition to go after Trinity?

It simply doesn't make sense... you'd pack your duel pistols right?!

iWANEX 16-04-18 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccroft2003 (Post 7856705)
I really don't get this whole "bow and arrow" signature weapon bull s***? I can understand why it would be a default weapon in the 2013 Tomb Raider being a survivor marooned on an island, but why on EARTH would Lara still choose to use one when she's planning on going on another expedition to go after Trinity?

In Syria she had a pistol and a backpack. No bow. In Siberia she didn't pack a bow either, she had to create one out of some wood after the avalanche. According to the new render, she doesn't pack a bow in Shadow either. She'll probably find it.

People are very forgetful around here.

Grizzly Bear 16-04-18 13:53

Quote:

I really think that reboot Lara loves bow and arrow, we know she used to do archery as a sport (we know she was part of an archery club called "Sisters of Artemis") and the bow also allows her to have a stealthy style of combat, which would be impossible with other types of weapons.

biscuits 16-04-18 13:56

Quote:

You make a good point. Isn't it a little hard to jump and climb around with a bow on your back?
I'd hate it if they got rid of the bow though. It's very fun to use. I can't imagine the new Lara Croft without a bow.