Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 18:44

Typical spong...

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630204]Nowhere as big as GTA, though.[/QUOTE]

... yeah, yeah...

Linoshi Croft 31-01-13 18:46

Which series is the one in need of a reboot..

Just saying. :p

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 18:48

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;6630229]Which series is the one in need of a reboot..

Just saying. :p[/QUOTE]

I would say both! When GTA 4 was out It all went downhill, so yeah...

Linoshi Croft 31-01-13 18:51

I personally can't stand the GTA games but not even I can deny whatever they do with those games they always seem to sell. So, I don't think GTA needs a reboot whereas Tombraider was going down the pan in sales and needed one. :p

Mikky 31-01-13 18:53

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6630233]I would say both! When GTA 4 was out It all went downhill, so yeah...[/QUOTE]

GTA4 has sold 25 million copies to date and was universally praised by fans and crtics.

Totally sounds like it went downhill.

LNSNHGTDS 31-01-13 18:56

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630238]GTA4 has sold 25 million copies to date and was universally praised by fans and crtics.

Totally sounds like it went downhill.[/QUOTE]

:vlol: I can't when you go in sarcasm mode :vlol: !

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 18:58

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630238]GTA4 has sold 25 million copies to date and was universally praised by fans and crtics.

Totally sounds like it went downhill.[/QUOTE]

See!?

Spong 31-01-13 19:06

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6630249]See!?[/QUOTE]

See what? Mikky pretty much pwned your downhill comment with the sales figures for GTAIV :pi:

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:08

[QUOTE=Spong;6630259]See what? Mikky pretty much pwned your downhill comment with the sales figures for GTAIV :pi:[/QUOTE]

Uhm ok... But still in my eyes GTA4 is a flop... :)

Mikky 31-01-13 19:11

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6630262]Uhm ok... But still in my eyes GTA4 is a flop... :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need glasses for those eyes of yours, then.

[QUOTE=Spong;6630259]See what? Mikky pretty much pwned your downhill comment with the sales figures for GTAIV :pi:[/QUOTE]

I think maybe he was just trying to be smart. :p

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:14

^ Yes, sorry and I FAILED! I'm stupid. :)

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630267]Maybe you need glasses for those eyes of yours, then.[/QUOTE]

I love how when TR fanboys say those kind of things to other members that are not imprested by the game, they always make it a big deal and say "Oh, so now I can't have a negative opinion" and stuff but It's completely ok for those guys to do the same to other people for not having the same opinion as them... ok.
That seems fine.

Ivy Valentine 31-01-13 19:16

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630238]GTA4 has sold [B]25 million copies[/B]

25 mil copies?? Whoa. Lucky Lara :p

Mikky 31-01-13 19:23

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6630273]^ Yes, sorry and I FAILED! I'm stupid. :)

I love how when TR fanboys say those kind of things to other members that are not imprested by the game, they always make it a big deal and say "Oh, so now I can't have a negative opinion" and stuff but It's completely ok for those guys to do the same to other people for not having the same opinion as them... ok.
That seems fine.[/QUOTE]

It really is nothing to do with opinion; I presented you with a [B]fact[/B] that proved you wrong but yet you continue to deny it. If you want to continue to be a fanboy and believe that TR is the best thing ever and nothing is better than it, then that's your problem. Don't try and turn it around on other people.

Anyway, I think I've explained myself enough already. You believe whatever you want to believe. Your life; your delusions.

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:25

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630287]It really is nothing to do with opinion; I presented you with a [B]fact[/B] that proved you wrong but yet you continue to deny it. If you want to continue to be a fanboy and believe that TR is the best thing ever and nothing is better than it, then that's your problem. Don't try and turn it around on other people.

Anyway, I think I've explained myself enough already. You believe whatever you want to believe. Your life; your delusions.[/QUOTE]

And I responded with an [B]opinion[/B]. Which is something that many people here can't respect. So okay, let me live with my delusions, better for me. Thank you. :wve:

LNSNHGTDS 31-01-13 19:26

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630287]It really is nothing to do with opinion; I presented you with a [B]fact[/B] that proved you wrong but yet you continue to deny it. If you want to continue to be a fanboy and believe that TR is the best thing ever and nothing is better than it, then that's your problem. Don't try and turn it around on other people.

Anyway, I think I've explained myself enough already. You believe whatever you want to believe. Your life; your delusions.[/QUOTE]

What he's, I think, trying to say is that they consider the game a fail, while that doesn't neccesarily mean it actually is.

I insult a lot of people/stuff, doesn't mean that all of my insults are accurate or have a basis :p .

Spong 31-01-13 19:26

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6630262]Uhm ok... But still in my eyes GTA4 is a flop... :)[/QUOTE]

It kind of is in my eyes too, but only because of the way it plays and the way it lost a lot of the humour GTA is known for. But that doesn't change the cold facts of sales figures.

But anyway, Tomb Raider and stuff... :p

Ivy Valentine 31-01-13 19:29

Has anyone else seen a few screens of the comic. I detect a hint of spoiler in one screen...

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:29

[QUOTE=Spong;6630296]It kind of is in my eyes too, but only because of the way it plays and the way it lost a lot of the humour GTA is known for.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! That is exactly what I mean.

[QUOTE=Spong;6630296]But anyway, Tomb Raider and stuff... :p[/QUOTE]

That makes laugh so hard! :vlol:

LNSNHGTDS 31-01-13 19:38

[QUOTE=CBS_TombRaider;6630330]Oh. I've never heard of her lol :p
I'm kinda glad GTA V has been delayed. Not that I don't have faith in the reboot, but this certainly makes it a little easier on the game. That, and I've never been that fond of GTA anyway.[/QUOTE]

You MUST look her up on YouTube, be cautious though, she can be a little swear-y :p .

Spong 31-01-13 19:40

[QUOTE=CBS_TombRaider;6630330]Oh. I've never heard of her lol :p[/QUOTE]

:eek:
Someone at TRF who [I]doesn't[/I] know about Amanda's videos?

CBS_TombRaider 31-01-13 19:42

[QUOTE=Spong;6630336]:eek:
Someone at TRF who [I]doesn't[/I] know about Amanda's videos?[/QUOTE]

I've heard the term/name ThatNorskChick dropped before, but I haven't watched any of her videos. Is she some kind of Tomb Raider fan celebrity I should know about? :p (And I've not been part of TRF for that long still)

LNSNHGTDS 31-01-13 19:43

[QUOTE=CBS_TombRaider;6630343]I've heard the term/name ThatNorskChick dropped before, but I haven't watched any of her videos. Is she some kind of Tomb Raider fan celebrity I should know about? :p[/QUOTE]

To put it simply, she SHOULD have been in the Gametap TRAnniversary documentary :p !

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:43

[QUOTE=CBS_TombRaider;6630343]I've heard the term/name ThatNorskChick dropped before, but I haven't watched any of her videos. Is she some kind of Tomb Raider fan celebrity I should know about? :p[/QUOTE]

She is famous in the TR community, yes. Here's her chanel. Watch her videos already! :p [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/thatnorskchick2[/url]

Mikky 31-01-13 19:44

Can we get back to proper and serious discussions, please?

[SIZE="5"]When are CD going to fix Lara's hair and nails?! :mad:[/SIZE]

But seriously, we need some new content to talk about. :pi:

CBS_TombRaider 31-01-13 19:44

Oh, I've seen the "Die Natla" one lol :p

[QUOTE]Can we get back to proper and serious discussions, please?

When are CD going to fix Lara's hair and nails?! [/QUOTE]

Serious discussions? Have we ever had those on TRF? :pi:

Spong 31-01-13 19:44

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;6630346]To put it simply, she SHOULD have been in the Gametap TRAnniversary documentary :p ![/QUOTE]

LOL, that would've been beyond awesome :tmb::vlol:

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:48

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630348]But seriously, we need some new content to talk about. :pi:[/QUOTE]

The game comes out in a month. That says everything but if It doesn't then New info should not be out. We know even more than what we should know.

I hope amanda comes back with new videos when the new TR comes out! She is amazing!

Spong 31-01-13 19:51

[b]@Spyro[/b]
Classy sig :tmb::D
Ironically, Amanda has a quote from me as her sig too :cool:

starstruck 31-01-13 19:51

Have any new clips leaked in the past month? I've been pre-occupied lately....

SpyrosMonster 31-01-13 19:52

[QUOTE=Spong;6630366][b]@Spyro[/b]
Classy sig :tmb::D
Ironically, Amanda has a quote from me as her sig too :cool:[/QUOTE]

That's cool! :D

Mikky 31-01-13 21:02

[QUOTE=starstruck;6630367]Have any new clips leaked in the past month? I've been pre-occupied lately....[/QUOTE]

Leaked? No. There was 4th final hours episode and some videos which showed off some multiplayer gameplay, if you're interested. Just search for them on youtube.

But it seems that was so long ago. I really want something new. -_- MARCH 5TH, Y U TAKING SO LONG?

Lost_Paradise 31-01-13 21:21

Is there anyone here from portugal who preordered the game, because I don't know where to get the game, all these preorder bonus stuff is confusing to me :o

Mikky 31-01-13 21:26

[QUOTE=Lost_Paradise;6630520]Is there anyone here from portugal who preordered the game, because I don't know where to get the game, all these preorder bonus stuff is confusing to me :o[/QUOTE]

I'm from Portugal. :D I pre-ordered the game from amazon.co.uk. They ship world-wide (as far as I know, well, they definitely ship to Portugal) and you don't have to pay extra (if you choose the free shipping option, anyway).

You get the Shanty Town MP map if you order it from there.

Richard_Croft 31-01-13 21:29

[QUOTE=Lost_Paradise;6630520]Is there anyone here from portugal who preordered the game, because I don't know where to get the game, all these preorder bonus stuff is confusing to me :o[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]IDK yet! But I'll probably pre-order from Fnac. I'm just waiting for the CE[/COLOR]

Jfmeplayer 31-01-13 21:30

I pre-ordered from a shop called Gaming Replay, it was the only place here selling the CE but I don't think it has any pre-order bonuses D: I don't really care about them though since they will probably be available to everyone some time after the release

trfanX34 31-01-13 21:31

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6630371]That's cool! :D[/QUOTE]

(off topic) I hate your avatar :( It makes it seem like my browser hasn't loaded the picture correctly and that's sorta annoying :pi: :p

TheRCroft 31-01-13 21:35

[QUOTE=Jfmeplayer;6630537]I pre-ordered from a shop called Gaming Replay, it was the only place here selling the CE but I don't think it has any pre-order bonuses D: I don't really care about them though since they will probably be available to everyone some time after the release[/QUOTE]
I had no idea there was a store here that allows us to pre-order online :eek: I was thinking of going with Amazon, but maybe I'll end up going with this one, thanks!

And they must really like Tomb Raider :p

LNSNHGTDS 31-01-13 21:36

Critters, did they change Lara's b-day or is it still 14 February? If they did I'm 'a kill a biatch :mad: !

Lost_Paradise 31-01-13 21:36

[QUOTE=Mikky;6630529]I'm from Portugal. :D I pre-ordered the game from amazon.co.uk. They ship world-wide (as far as I know, well, they definitely ship to Portugal) and you don't have to pay extra (if you choose the free shipping option, anyway).

You get the Shanty Town MP map if you order it from there.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there some sort of secondary tomb offer before?

Mikky 31-01-13 21:38

[QUOTE=Lost_Paradise;6630550]Wasn't there some sort of secondary tomb offer before?[/QUOTE]

IDK. All I know is that it's the MP map now. :p