www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Minty Mouth 21-02-10 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR luver7 (Post 4389401)
Just began Final Fantasy 12 and I love it so far. The game is beautifully designed and so futuristic and serene. I absolutely love it so far :D Has anyone played this game & beat it? How is it storyline wise ?? :)

It doesn't have a storyline.

It has an empire, if you're into that kind of thing.

Trfansince1996 21-02-10 23:40

I enjoyed FF12 a bit. But mostly because of its battle system. I cant say I liked the characters, the story or anything other than that. The game also got incredibly frustrating when u arrive at SPOILER The pharos SPOILER END. I think I enjoyed revenant wings more than FF12 itself >_>.

TR luver7 22-02-10 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trfansince1996 (Post 4389423)
I enjoyed FF12 a bit. But mostly because of its battle system. I cant say I liked the characters, the story or anything other than that. The game also got incredibly frustrating when u arrive at SPOILER The pharos SPOILER END. I think I enjoyed revenant wings more than FF12 itself >_>.

yes i do agree i like the battle system better than previous FF games. & I have no idea what an Empire is Minty lol but I'm gonna play the game all the way through and see how I like it :)

Legend of Lara 22-02-10 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trfansince1996 (Post 4389423)

I also prefer Revenant. It held my attention for over 5 hours; something FFXII failed to do.

Yuna´s Wish 22-02-10 04:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR luver7 (Post 4389401)
Just began Final Fantasy 12 and I love it so far. The game is beautifully designed and so futuristic and serene. I absolutely love it so far :D Has anyone played this game & beat it? How is it storyline wise ?? :)

Have you played other FFs before?

FFXII is an excellent stand-alone game. By saying so I mean that the game is great as long as you don´t think of it as a trademark Final Fantasy game...it is rather unique (implying that it has its own unique good and bad aspects...I´ll name them and it´s up to you to decide if they´re good or bad).

- An ordinary first playthrough should require you 50-55 hours of playing time to finish.

- It has the biggest number of sidequests in the series. I finished the game in 54 hours the first time, but the sidequests expanded that up to 136 hours.

- The main set of sidequests consists of hunting creatures. There´re 45 official hunts during the game, and over 15 unofficial ones. Some of the most powerful monsters are found during the last official hunts.

- Dungeons, open areas and cities are HUGE, and there´s no other way to put it. Hundreds of people inhabit the main cities, and many of them are there to talk to you and give you information on the events that take place in Ivalice.

- The story´s focus relies on the war between two kingdoms. One of them has lost control and its greed took its toll. A small kingdom, the kingdom of Dalmasca, is in the middle of the confrontation and it´s up to your party members to retrieve the long gone peace.

- The main playable characters are mostly avatars you control throughout the adventure, meaning that their personalities are not as greatly developed as in previous instalments of the series. Only one of them tends to show attitude, yet that person still lacks quite a lot to catch up with the classic characters of past games.

Jack Croft 22-02-10 09:03

15 Days till Release! :jmp:

Pre-ordered copies will start being dispatched NEXT week! Wooo!

Legend of Lara 22-02-10 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Croft (Post 4389944)
15 Days till Release! :jmp:

Pre-ordered copies will start being dispatched NEXT week! Wooo!

15 days until I ignore the game on the shelves.
1 week until I say "Oh, goody. How nice."

Jack Croft 22-02-10 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 4389947)
15 days until I ignore the game on the shelves.
1 week until I say "Oh, goody. How nice."

:vlol:

You cannot resist the chocobo's or Lightning, you will succumb. :p

trlestew 22-02-10 11:19

Something special should happen when they're 13 more days 'till release.
Maybe a demo........?

No I doubt that'll happen.

Jack Croft 22-02-10 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by trlestew (Post 4390059)
Something special should happen when they're 13 more days 'till release.
Maybe a demo........?

No I doubt that'll happen.

I was having the same thought yesterday how amazing would it be Wednesday at 10am GMT there was a demo on Xbox Live, I'd probably die.