www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

VictorXD 15-03-18 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7835341)
Whatever it is, it's ugly. :D

Ughmm right?! So big and distracting, I don't like it :/

Still, it feels nice to see the teaser in HD.

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7835370)
Ughmm right?! So big and distracting, I don't like it :/

Still, it feels nice to see the teaser in HD.

Yeah. :/

I love the teaser, got me super excited about the game. :jmp:

Lara_Fan_33 15-03-18 19:24

Me too i havbt been this hyped for tomb raider since the reboot :D Rises exclusivity deal really ruined the excitement at that time. Anyways what do people speculate the story will be about from what we have seen so far? I was looking up the black sun and apperently in real life there is a "book" of mayan information dating back to the 1500s, it is called the Codex Rios. Guess where its being kept? :D

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 (Post 7835376)
Me too i havbt been this hyped for tomb raider since the reboot :D Rises exclusivity deal really ruined the excitement at that time. Anyways what do people speculate the story will be about from what we have seen so far? I was looking up the black sun and apperently in real life there is a "book" of mayan information dating back to the 1500s, it is called the Codex Rios. Guess where its being kept? :D

I agree about Rise exclusivity deal, and also the fact that I couldn't play it. I won't be able to play this one either, but I'm thirsty for new gameplay/cutscenes/renders/etc.

Oh my God! I've just checked about Black Sun, and do you think we'll be visiting Mayan underworld once again? Or, if Lara is after The Codex for some more info about it, could there be a level in Paris?

The 'Paris thing' could be a reach, but you never know. :p

t-raider26 15-03-18 19:36

Her hair is short ;_;

Lara_Fan_33 15-03-18 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7835389)
I agree about Rise exclusivity deal, and also the fact that I couldn't play it. I won't be able to play this one either, but I'm thirsty for new gameplay/cutscenes/renders/etc.

Oh my God! I've just checked about Black Sun, and do you think we'll be visiting Mayan underworld once again? Or, if Lara is after The Codex for some more info about it, could there be a level in Paris?

The 'Paris thing' could be a reach, but you never know. :p

I almost bought an xbox1 back then to get Rise but it just didnt seem right tbh i was soo annoyed but i think ill have to save up for a PS4 now :p

Yeah its actually a rwally interesting read! You can actually see some parralels with those underworld myths and reboot and rises themes of immortality and the human soul
Quote:

The Aztecs associated the passage of the Black Sun, on its nightly journey through the underworld, with the image of a butterfly.[2][3] The butterfly, in turn, is an archetypical symbol of the transcendent soul, transformation and mystical rebirth,[3][4] whereas also seen in the figure of the frightening earth goddess Itzpapalotl, the "Obsidian Butterfly", that devoured people during the solar eclipses,[5] while the Aztec underworld was the eternal dwelling place of the souls. According to the Codex Ríos, the underworld was made of nine layers. The first level was the Earth's surface, which also had the entrance, or the face of a gigantic toad that devoured the dead and gave access to the other eight lower levels. The souls of the dead occupied the ninth level known as "Mictlan Opochcalocan".[6]
Also i like your london idea :D The Codex Rios in real life is being held in the Vatican :ton:

Enya Brennan 15-03-18 19:44

^Strangely, I read that passage in Camilla’s voice while she’s playing Lara, and my excitement went up through the roof! Sounds absolutely fantastic!

WWETombRaider 15-03-18 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 (Post 7835376)
Me too i havbt been this hyped for tomb raider since the reboot :D Rises exclusivity deal really ruined the excitement at that time.

This. Rise's exclusivity deal caused a fan-base schism on the forums, and sucked out any hype we had for that game, because half of us couldn't even play it.

NoahCrofRaider 15-03-18 19:47

It actually just hit me that the reason they probably already are doing promotion (Arby's), is because of the short, but big, marketing campaign. :D

Lukass 15-03-18 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-raider26 (Post 7835392)
Her hair is short ;_;

No, it's not.