www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Saphyre 21-04-09 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elessar87 (Post 3606046)
Yeah, I get that, but still, I just like FFX so much better. It was so much more epic, so much more emotional, had super badass Auron in it (LOVE him! They really should give him his own game.) the combat system was awesome (no "jobs", no dressing up, just classic turn-based goodness). I can't say enough about how fantastic that game is. And then to have X-2 as the follow up? Just seems like a MAJOR letdown to me. But then again, that's just me. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

i know exactly what you mean ellesar. Though it was fun in its own right, I think FFX-2 was a shock to the system after FFX.

Minty Mouth 21-04-09 10:26

On the subject of Yunas Character changing in X-2, this is something that really annoys me. If you have payed any attention to the two games at all you could easily tell that the two Yunas are almost exactly the same. Just because she wears short Hot-Pants doessnt make her a stripper.

Its two years after Sin. She now has no responsibility, and has learnt many secrets about Spira and its leaders. The way Yunas character was built before was around Yevon and the teachings and all that, after X all of that is shattered, what do you expect will happen to her? If anything I think the change is too insignificant to reflect what Yuna has gone through. Not to mention having hung around with Rikku for 2 years.

Yuna is the same character in both games, introverted, quite shy, but more than eager to prove herself.

*laralover* 21-04-09 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 3606456)
On the subject of Yunas Character changing in X-2, this is something that really annoys me. If you have payed any attention to the two games at all you could easily tell that the two Yunas are almost exactly the same. Just because she wears short Hot-Pants doessnt make her a stripper.

Its two years after Sin. She now has no responsibility, and has learnt many secrets about Spira and its leaders. The way Yunas character was built before was around Yevon and the teachings and all that, after X all of that is shattered, what do you expect will happen to her? If anything I think the change is too insignificant to reflect what Yuna has gone through. Not to mention having hung around with Rikku for 2 years.

Yuna is the same character in both games, introverted, quite shy, but more than eager to prove herself.

I agree Yuna is the same person she always was...Just a different outfit and outlook on life :D I actually like her outfit in X-2 its not that bad...As for dresspheres some of them were a bit silly for me like the Songstress one and Mascot :p but some of them were really cool like the Dark Knight,Gunner and Special Dresspheres....Anyways it was a completly different game to what i imagined after FFX but it was still fun and finished of the Tidus/Yuna story nicely i thought :D

b0bb13 21-04-09 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elessar87 (Post 3606046)
Yeah, I get that, but still, I just like FFX so much better. It was so much more epic, so much more emotional, had super badass Auron in it (LOVE him! They really should give him his own game.) the combat system was awesome (no "jobs", no dressing up, just classic turn-based goodness). I can't say enough about how fantastic that game is. And then to have X-2 as the follow up? Just seems like a MAJOR letdown to me. But then again, that's just me. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

The job system is also classic FYI.:p
And people don't understand what this game is about.It was made so that the FFX fans could see what happens after you save the world and finish the damn story. xD
It's not meant to be epic and sad(even though there are plenty of moments that are really devastating:().And also,once some events start to happen it really gets interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 3606456)
Not to mention having hung around with Rikku for 2 years.

Poor Yunie. >_<
:p
But yeah,I agree with you.She's the same,just that she's not a summoner anymore so she isn't that introverted anymore.In X I always felt that she was afraid to talk,and when multiple sentences came out her mouth it was a celebration.:vlol:
So that's another reason why I like FFX-2.You get to know Yuna&Rikku better.Can't say much about Payne,but she's nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by *laralover* (Post 3606475)
As for dresspheres some of them were a bit silly for me like the Songstress one and Mascot :p

OMG there's a Mascot one?:cln:
Anyway,the Songstress is only there because of the story.Imo it was nice to have all those dresspheres.It would had been pretty boring if Yuna was always a gunner,Rikku a thief and Payne a warrior. :/
It's also really nice and sad that Yuna has Tidus' sword in her Warrior dressphere.

Minty Mouth 21-04-09 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bb13 (Post 3606491)
It's also really nice and sad that Yuna has Tidus' sword in her Warrior dressphere.

Its touches like that that make it brilliant. I think Its Rikku that Has Aurons sword aswell.

b0bb13 21-04-09 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 3606495)
Its touches like that that make it brilliant. I think Its Rikku that Has Aurons sword aswell.

Hey,yeah.:D
Never noticed this. xD

OMG!:vlol:
I was searching for samurai Rikku pics and I found this:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1240313041
0_o

*laralover* 21-04-09 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bb13 (Post 3606491)
OMG there's a Mascot one?:cln:
Anyway,the Songstress is only there because of the story.Imo it was nice to have all those dresspheres.It would had been pretty boring if Yuna was always a gunner,Rikku a thief and Payne a warrior. :/

Yuppers :jmp: You get it for completing every single mission (you can by pass Bevelles one by not even going there) Its probably the best dressphere in the game. As i said its quite hilarious Yuna dressed up as a Moogle,Rikku as Cait Sith and Paine as a Tonberry :D I agree it would be boring having them in the same dressphere the whole game. O yeah i noticed alot of weapons from FFX like Lulus Dolls/Yunas Nirvana in the Black Mage costume,Tidus Brotherhood,Aurons ultimate weapon and i think theres some more :D

RAID 21-04-09 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bb13 (Post 3606511)
Hey,yeah.:D
Never noticed this. xD

OMG!:vlol:
I was searching for samurai Rikku pics and I found this:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1240313041
0_o

:vlol:
[IMG]http://i42.************/t51z80.jpg[/IMG]

Elessar87 21-04-09 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 3607355)
:vlol:
(pic)

Oh my. That's...definately a new look for them.
(So that's what Braska was hiding under all those robes! :p)

herothing 21-04-09 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elessar87 (Post 3607387)
Oh my. That's...definately a new look for them.
(So that's what Braska was hiding under all those robes! :p)

Lol

I agree with others that the characters are all simialar, have you also noticed that most of the mains characters have at least 1 dead parent. Vaan, Tidus, Yuna and Zidane( i think) all have dead parents.