www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

TombRaiderTim 15-08-19 17:51

CAC seems to have gathered a lot of builders and inspired them from out of the dark, I feel this is what the community needs to keep TRLE interesting and healthy for the years to come, perhaps have CAC once or twice a year since it has bought together so many wonderful levels in such a short space of time. :)

ESCachuli 15-08-19 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim (Post 8121214)
CAC seems to have gathered a lot of builders and inspired them from out of the dark, I feel this is what the community needs to keep TRLE interesting and healthy for the years to come, perhaps have CAC once or twice a year since it has bought together so many wonderful levels in such a short space of time. :)

Maybe (just as a player, suggesting) you could do a competition but based on AoD (and re-use the TDR assets they uploaded), or based on LAU, or one based on the reboot. It would be cool to have levels based on every era.

SrDanielPonces 15-08-19 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESCachuli (Post 8121217)
Maybe (just as a player, suggesting) you could do a competition but based on AoD (and re-use the TDR assets they uploaded), or based on LAU, or one based on the reboot. It would be cool to have levels based on every era.

No one is going to participate, these kind of levels take a long time to make.
Classic competiton works because it's faster, easy and vintage.

ESCachuli 15-08-19 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces (Post 8121220)
No one is going to participate, these kind of levels take a long time to make.
Classic competiton works because it's faster, easy and vintage.

That's true. They need a lot more time and work because you need it to look more "next-gen" while a classic game maybe need the same or even more time to "think" the layout, but is easier to build once you have the idea.

Damn, I was just dreaming xD

Sabatu 15-08-19 19:31

Anyone willing to test my level ? :)

Baslakor 15-08-19 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim (Post 8121214)

Fully agree with this. It still takes some time to build a level though, but I definitely support the idea!

I do think AoD levels or special themes would work as well, but like SrDaniel said, there would be far less builders. Still might be worth the experiment!

Unfortunately won't have enough time to test your level Sabatu, but since your screens look amazing, it shouldn't be hard to find some testers!!

Joey79100 15-08-19 19:55

Maybe an AOD style competition could work if full assets were provided, kinda like Back to Basics. Having to create them from scratch, it's almost certain there wouldn't be that many people.

sackboy123 15-08-19 20:14

Maybe a competition that gives a certain type of level e.g Coastal, Rome. Kinda like BtB but give the builder more freedom to what they want to build by using that specific theme

TR-Freak 16-08-19 05:19

I guess I'll join.
Something Coastal + Jungle + Volcano + Temple Ruins ;)

Short question regarding textures:
We are allowed to make new transition textures,
but what about altering the textures in some other way? For example recoloring them?

Dustie 16-08-19 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackboy123 (Post 8121261)
Maybe a competition that gives a certain type of level e.g Coastal, Rome. Kinda like BtB but give the builder more freedom to what they want to build by using that specific theme

that sounds exactly like Back to basics tbh, so it could be redundant... the point of CaC is the freedom of choice of theme/location