www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

hat 19-04-09 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Tony (Post 1574911)
IMO, the whole series is way overrated.
The only FF games that I find aren't overrated, are VIII and IX.
IX in particular.

Final Fantasy IX has always been the only FF game I ever loved. The battle system was pretty good, there were engaging and deep characters, marvelous locations and a wide array of attacks.
Plus, this game was a challenge and keeps you playing for hours on end.

Not to mention the fantastic soundtrack which I found myself forking 24 out of my wallet for. :p

For me it's X and XII, but I can see what you're saying.
FF 10 had the best Yuna anyway.
FF 12 was great, but had no replay value, and the upgrade system wasn't as good as it should have been.
Both of these versions had the best Chocobos for a last generation console.

trXD 19-04-09 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 3602970)
I gave up on that game under Bevelle, with those stupid rotating platforms, and each fight on them was like a miniboss - I don't think I was levelled up enough and it just took the mick, so I put away the disk and never looked at it again.

I hate it when people do that with any game.

"So i started up the game and 2 hours later i ran out of ammo and it was completely stupid, i put away the disk and never looked at it again".

Come on people! If i did that every time i felt like it i would have missed out on some wonderful games!

Tony9595 19-04-09 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by *laralover* (Post 3603539)
Yeah exactly like LOL2! :jmp: You know i think thats why i loved FF9 because each character was a certain class...The same in FF6/FF4 and FFX sort of like you said.

I like it that way, more than the jobs from FF III and FFT which are a bit confusing.

Ive always loved the "General"s on the final fantasy series. Just like Beatrix from FF IX, which was pure awesomeness IMO, and General Leo from Final Fantasy VI. Its a shame you can only play as them a few minutes :(

larafan25 19-04-09 23:16

has anyone here seen the new trailers that will be on the advent children disc???

I'll post a link to them:)

there is one for versus and agito;)

scroll down this page and you will find the new trailers:)

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/

I am really looking forward to versus because it is awsomely action oriented:)I'm thinking it will be like kingdom hearts:)

*laralover* 20-04-09 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony9595 (Post 3603849)
I like it that way, more than the jobs from FF III and FFT which are a bit confusing.

Ive always loved the "General"s on the final fantasy series. Just like Beatrix from FF IX, which was pure awesomeness IMO, and General Leo from Final Fantasy VI. Its a shame you can only play as them a few minutes :(

Yeah FF3 is ok i guese. Im not keen on the Tactical games to be honest :( O yes i love Beatrix shes awesome! and General Leo i felt sorry for...

Hyper_Crazy 20-04-09 01:12

Beatrix, just ughh! First time I played IX she was a bloody pain the arse. I remember I couldn't defeat her in Burmecia, and when I finally did I was like :D but nooo you have to fight her two more times.
Nahh, Beatrix is a great character though, wish you could have her in your party.

larafan25 20-04-09 02:06

hey I haven't played ALL the final fantasy games,how many of the games are the ones with the short big headed characters???

Tony9595 20-04-09 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by *laralover* (Post 3604064)
Yeah FF3 is ok i guese. Im not keen on the Tactical games to be honest :( O yes i love Beatrix shes awesome! and General Leo i felt sorry for...

I always thought that Terra was starting to love to General Leo, the conversation they had on the boat gave me that impression, and then... :( I HATE KEFKA :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 3604082)
Beatrix, just ughh! First time I played IX she was a bloody pain the arse. I remember I couldn't defeat her in Burmecia, and when I finally did I was like :D but nooo you have to fight her two more times.
Nahh, Beatrix is a great character though, wish you could have her in your party.

Well, at least we played as beatrix 2 times in the game :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 3604132)
hey I haven't played ALL the final fantasy games,how many of the games are the ones with the short big headed characters???

short big headed characters? you mean Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?
There are...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - GCN
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - DS
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - Wii
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My life as a king - WiiWare
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - DS/Wii

I think they are all... if you mean something different than FFCC tell me :D

Camera Obscura 20-04-09 04:15

Well it seems that the Final Fantasy XIII demo is out. The cinematics and gameplay seem really good and the battle system has me intrigued. Shame it doesn't have subtitles. :o

So far my only gripe is the linearity. I truly hope it's only noticeable in this demo and not like that for the remainder of the game.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24380 (opening cutscene + first battle)

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24381

:wve:

Rivendell 20-04-09 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by trXD (Post 3603790)
Come on people! If i did that every time i felt like it i would have missed out on some wonderful games!

I forgot to mention, I hated it anyway. :wve: It by far seems to be the most disliked FF - combine that with the fact I only liked the combat in the game, not the characters nor plot, and I didn't feel like never playing it again was such a bad thing.